Any Ideas for fun Free things to do at WDW?

Hello,

We are taking my sister down to Disney for the college program, we are going to be there for 4 nights 5 days, but are only doing one day at the parks. I am looking for fun suggestions for free things to do down there. I know about Downtown Disney, and I also know alot of the resorts have activities and fun things to do that are free, but I need suggestions for exactly what there is out there. If anyone can help please let me know! Thanks!

Jenn:laugh:

Here is a site with some good ones!

Walt Disney World Tips

One thing not really listed is that a lot of the resorts have movie night by the pool, so you could take a bit of carryout and enjoy that! Also, there is often live music at some of the resorts, so you could enjoy it in the lobby.

I say go to the animal farm at Fort Wilderness. I always enjoy it. I am not a horse lover or anything but I find it interesting to watch them change the horses shoes.

At night time I enjoy watching that water parade they have. It can be seen from quite a few places. Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Magic Kingdom, Polynesian, Contemporary and the Grand Floridian.

While you are at Fort Wilderness, so the the campfire sing-along with Chip and Dale it is so much fun and they have a movie after on a big screen outdoors.

You can also ride any of the boats or the monorail. You can resort hop and check out all of the Deluxe resorts. You can watch Wishes from the Poly beach or Illuminations from the Boardwalk. You can stroll the Boardwalk area. There’s more, I’m sure others will chime in.

Lay on your bed and stare at the ceiling.

LOL oh hahaha :laugh:

Go to Allears.net. They have a whole list of free or really inexpensive stuff to do. You can fill a few days with all of the suggestions.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1016838]Here is a site with some good ones!

Walt Disney World Tips

One thing not really listed is that a lot of the resorts have movie night by the pool, so you could take a bit of carryout and enjoy that! Also, there is often live music at some of the resorts, so you could enjoy it in the lobby.[/QUOTE]

WOW lots of wonderful ideas.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::blink:

hahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this just made my day!!! :laugh:

thank you to all of the people who had a suggestion! great ideas!

It’s funny but painfully true!!!

Take in the Electrical Water parade from one of the Bay Lake/Seven Seas resorts.

Take the water taxi from Downtown Disney to Port Orleans. It is a nice ride, then once at Port Orleans walk around taking in the theming. I especially like the French Quarter.

That link I posted really glossed over the whole Boardwalk option. I can’t tell you enough how fun it is to hang out on the Boardwalk, especially at night! There are so many things to enjoy, like the Friendship launches floating around, the street performers juggling and doing magic tricks (renting those stooooopid bike carriage things that I hate so much but that everyone else seems to love…), the boardwalk games, sometimes a DJ and a dance floor, a nice view of fireworks from MK and EC, a gorgeous walkway around the entire lake (don’t forget to stop for movies on the Beach Club sand beach), a longer walk along the river to Studios, rocking chairs on the porch where you can take it all in, incredible brownies at the bakery and other silly foods from carts on the boardwalk, wander through the Swolphin and over to mini golf… It can be an entire night of fun!

Oh, what I would give to be able to do that!! :laugh: SERIOUSLY!!