Any "Must Do's" for Universal Studios?

Going to head over to Universal Studios this Spring Break. Three days there then quickly over to WDW for a few more days. My DW wanted to do something different than just WDW. My DD7 and I will be chomping on the bit to return to WDW as soon as possible. Staying onsite at US but wanted to see if anyone has do’s and dont’s for US.

Well if you are a thrill ride seeker than US will be great. For a 7 year-old IOA’s Seuss landing will be pretty cool and at US they have a coaster along the lines of Goofy’s Barnstormer in the Woody Woodpecker coaster and the Jimmy Neutron attraction might be good for here too. The Shrek 4-d show is worth going to too and of course E.T. is always a good one. I would recommend the animal show too. US as a whole isn’t as kid-friendly as WDW. Too bad the Harry Potter land won’t be done. As far as don’t it is entirely based upon what your DD will or won’t ride.

For a 7 year-old Dr. Seuss landing, the Woody Woodpecker coaster, and the Shrek 4-d show should be fun! I think that they would enjoy that!

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter should be open by then. I know it’s on my must-see list.

Sure… a US must-do would be to head out of hte parking lot and turn right onto US4. Go south until you see the signs for WDW! LOL Just kidding…

We really enjoyed a couple of rides there. One was a Popeye themed raft ride called BilgeRat Barges, or something like that. It was fun. We also really enjoyed a Men In Black ride, too. It is sort of like the Spiderman ride, but it didn’t break down for us, so we liked it better.

Some definite must do’s in Universal are The Mummy, E.T, Men in Black and the Simpsons.

If you are visiting IOA Spiderman is definitely a must do! It is an incredible ride. Some others if you feel like getting wet are Jurassic Park, Rip Saw Falls, Popeye & Bluto Barges (you’ll get soaked!!) and for big thrills The Hulk and Dueling Dragons. I really liked the show Poseidon’s Fury too.

Don’t worry: there’s plenty to do in Universal. I have to mention this all the time: Universal is Disney’s competitor for a good reason: they have a lot to offer.

If you’re staying on US property then you will get front of the line passes and be able to do as many rides as you like. The crowds that week should be very high due to both spring break and the opening of Harry Potter, but if you are holding that card, you’re golden.

What I always did with my kids was replay any movies that are featured in the parks/rides so they got the full excitement out of seeing them come to light.
With a 7 year old girl, the big rides are probably out (some little girls love them, so who knows?), but there are kid’s areas in both of the parks.

I think Mardi Gras will still be going on when you’re there. That’s wonderful. A tiny taste fo the real thing with a terrific parade.

City Walk has some terrific themed restaurants. Be sure to check those out.

And don’t miss The Horror Make Up Show. Trust me. It’s nothing like what it sounds like. It’s for all ages and it’s funny.

I just saw a commercial on television saying the Harry Potter part of Universal is open? It didn’t say what was in there or anything, and the commercial is done by Daniel Radcliffe (?) who I think plays Harry P in the movie.
So I guess if you like the HP books that would be a good thing to check out.

Spider-man and The Simpsons are my favorites. WWOHP should be open and that’s a must. Have fun!

We are going when we are there! I like Universal, they have great rides and shows! My kids love Marvel Island, And Suess Landing. We have never done Simpsons, and I didn’t know Harry Potter would be open, is it another park or a part of US or IoA??

It’s part of IoA…by duelling dragons

Cool. Has anyone been yet?

The news still says it is set to open in the spring. But the photos are looking very exciting!!

We always add a few extra days at Universal to the beginning or end of our Disney Trips. We like to stay on-property at Universal for those extra days to ensure the “front of the line” option that you receive when you stay there. It is a real time saver!! I was told that you will only be able to use the front of the line option 1 time per day for the Harry Potter rides, but you will be able to use the option as many times as you like for the other rides (as usual).

Not to miss rides/attractions for 7 year old:
Studios: Shrek, Simpsons, Men In Black, ET (my DS5 also loves the Terminator show, but it is a little loud and can be scary) - you may want to try it out first.
IOA: Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, Bluto’s Barges, Posidons Fury (walking tour/show might be scary for 7 year old, but my 5 year old does love it).

I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Where did you see pics?

Just a quick note,

Wear clothes that dry quickly. A few attractions will get you wet. By the time you are almost dry, you will get wet again. It’s a lot of fun.

Thanks all for the great information!!!

[QUOTE=dixie;1015120]I just saw a commercial on television saying the Harry Potter part of Universal is open? It didn’t say what was in there or anything, and the commercial is done by Daniel Radcliffe (?) who I think plays Harry P in the movie.
So I guess if you like the HP books that would be a good thing to check out.[/QUOTE]

I have looked everywhere on-line and can’t find anything about it already being open. I would think their website would be all over it.