Any new TIW festivities?

For awhile, I was getting just about monthly emails from TIW on foodie events.
Haven’t seen any for what seems forever. Am I off the list, or haven’t there been any. My TIW card is still functioning, so I’m not sure.

Thanks.
Frank

I just got this 20 minutes ago:

Tables in Wonderland Presents:

The Wave… of American Flavors Discovery Dinner

Thursday, April 15, 2010

6:30 p.m. Reception. 7 p.m. Dinner

Location: The Wave… of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. (Please meet at restaurant’s main podium)

Dress is Casual Evening Attire

$92 per person, includes tax and gratuity

Reception in The Wave… of American Flavors Lounge

Cold Smoked Cedar Key Clams with Cured Lemons and Roasted Garlic

Rock Shrimp Flatbread

Pegasus Bay Semillon–Sauvignon Blanc Blend

Dinner in The Wave… of American Flavors Private Dining Room

Appetizer

Laughing Bird Shrimp Cocktail with Mango, Arugula, and Goat Cheese

Clearview Unwooded Chardonnay

Entrée

Trio of Florida Seafood featuring:

· Spiced-rubbed Mullet with Heirloom Tomatoes and Kalamata Olives

· Mangrove Snapper with Edamame and Cilantro Chutney

· Sautéed Tripletail Oscar with Colossal Blue Crab and Avocado-Citrus Hollandaise

Seven Terraces Pinot Noir

Salad

Locally Grown Micro Greens with Red Watercress and Peaches from Arcadia, Florida

Main Divide Riesling

Dessert

Key Lime Bavarian Cheesecake with Chocolate Crème Brûlée Center

Coconut Ice Cream in a Macadamia Nut Tuile

Mango and Raspberry Coulis

Yalumba Antique Tawny Port

Tables in Wonderland presents: Jiko-The Cooking Place Wine Dinner

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Please check in between 6:20 – 6:30 p.m. in the back of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Lobby, left hand side.

Reception 6:30 p.m. Dinner 7 p.m.

Price: $160 per person, including tax and gratuity

Dress is Casual Evening Attire

Avontuur Estate, home of fine wines and fast horses, nestles against the Helderberg between Stellenbosch and Somerset West. The host for the evening will be Avontuur Winery General Manager, Pippa Mickleburgh. Pippa has been with the Avontuur farm for nearly 20 years and handles both the winery and thoroughbred stud farm side of the business.

The wines for this dinner will include:

Avontuur Minelli Pinot Noir

Avontuur Vintner’s Red Blend

Bouchard Finlayson Croc’s Lair Chardonnay

Hartenberg Eleanor Chardonnay

Avontuur Shiraz

Avontuur Pinotage

Avontuur Baccarat

Menu:

Reception in the Sunset Lounge in the back of the Lobby at Jambo House

Braised Beef Tongue with Onion Purée

Tuna Tartare with Coconut-Curry Sauce

Quinoa Cake with Red Pepper Yogurt and Potato Crisps

Appetizers

Oak-grilled Ostrich Filet with Creamy Polenta, Asparagus, and Cassis Reduction

Smoked Wild Salmon-Lobster Terrine with Chorizo, Peppadew, Peppers, Spring Onions, and Lobster Nage

Soup Course

Spring Pea Soup with Morel-Bacon Compote

Intermezzo

Mango Caviar

Entrée

Petite Veal Chop with Porcini-Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Wild Leek Fondue, and Natural Jus

Cheese Course

Dessert

Spiced Chocolate Cake served with Marinated Pears and Vanilla Foam

(Menu is subject to change based upon availability of items)

Garden Town Breakfast

The 17th Annual Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival is now upon us! Here’s your chance to reserve a spot for a special Garden Town Breakfast, new to the Festival this year, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on select Sundays. Enjoy a welcome breakfast buffet prepared by our Disney chefs that will include a special selection of fresh ingredients from our own Land Pavilion, while having the opportunity to learn some garden and culinary techniques from professional horticulturists and chefs.

The Garden Town Breakfast events are open to all Guests.

To purchase your ticket or get more information about the event,

call (407) WDW-FEST (407-939-3378)

Dates:

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Place: Wonder’s Retreat (Garden Town 2nd floor)

Price $60.00 per person, plus tax.

Gratuity is included. Theme Park ticket is required.

Please note that this is not a Tables in Wonderland exclusive event.

REMINDER:

There are still a few spots available for the Tables in Wonderland Presents: Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant

DOWNTOWN DISNEY — Pleasure Island

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

7 p.m. Reception. 7:30 p.m. Dinner

Dress code is Casual Evening Attire

Price: $115.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

Master Chef Kevin Dundon is delighted to bring a taste of modern Irish cuisine to DOWNTOWN DISNEY in the form of Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant. Chef Kevin is also chef/proprietor of the 5-star Dunbrody House Hotel & Cookery School in Wexford, Ireland and brings his philosophy on great food to the menu at Raglan Road.

Join Chef Kevin for a very unique dining experience in the beautiful surrounds of the Raglan Room. This oak-paneled room was built using original woods from an old Georgian mansion in Dublin. Throughout the restaurant you will find antique furnishings, grand fixtures, marble adornments, leaded glass, and ornate detailing. The entire pub was built in Ireland then shipped to Orlando.

The menu is inspired by the best of traditional Irish cuisines, using the finest quality ingredients with delicate complementary flavors to create remarkable dishes served with a stylish twist.

Chef Kevin will give a detailed description of each dish on the menu before you decide which wonderful option to choose. Guest will also be treated to a complimentary signed copy of Kevin’s book “Great Family Food.”

Just got it too. We’ll be at WDW 11-14 Apr. I’m trying to talk my wife into changing our days. I’d LOVE to go to one of these.
Thanks for the note.
Frank

I’m seriously thinking about the event at The Wave on the 15th myself, but I’m not sure if I can drop $600 for a 3 day/2 night visit right now.