Any suggestion on room choice akl

other then savannah room which we have not booked any other suggestion on room request for AKL… we have never stayed before… we do plan on requesting a king room. any thing else… is there different buildings.?

Last I saw, there was a little extra cost for the main savanna, Arusha. If you don’t mind paying the extra bucks, it’s worth the view!! We stayed on the second floor and it was awesome. First floor you’re at the level of the animals which isn’t quite as cool and third floor and up you’re looking down at them and sometimes blocked by trees. We had room 2237 and it was perfect! Not a king bed, though, so I’m not sure how that plays into your options. Good luck! You’ll love this resort!

I do agree, the lower the room level, the better the view of the animals, but if you aren’t having a savannah view room, the level is not as important. If I could suggest one thing, when you arrive, it doesn’t hurt to ask for an upgrade to a savannah view room. The cm’s there are absolutely wonderful, and I have heard in the past that if there is availability sometimes the upgrade request happens.

What is the difference between Savanna view & Arusha Savanna view?

And would the 2nd or 3rd Floor closer to the Jambo house be preferred? Or is there something better?

Great question faerie dust!

Last time we stayed at AKL, we just got a standard room but still wound up overlooking the savanna area between the restaurant kitchens and the construction area for Kidani Village. We had animals without the extra cost.
I think we were down the hall from 2251, but I’m not sure exactly which room.

[QUOTE=papa bear;1079208]What is the difference between Savanna view & Arusha Savanna view?

And would the 2nd or 3rd Floor closer to the Jambo house be preferred? Or is there something better?

Great question faerie dust![/QUOTE]

Arusha is kind of considered the “50 yard line.” It’s the inner circle of the savannah, that gives you tremendous views of the animals. The lower the level, the closer you will be to the animals from an eye to eye point of view.

[QUOTE=papa bear;1079208]What is the difference between Savanna view & Arusha Savanna view?

Great question faerie dust![/QUOTE]
cool you have three days … Im so jealous.

how do you do that? :laugh:

Simple, when you are checking in, just strike up a conversation with the cm, and ask if there a possibility for a savannah view upgrade? They may respond that there is no availability, or yes, you can upgrade for so much more money a night, or they may offer an upgrade for free. You have a better chance seeing you’re going during a slow time, in September. It really never hurts to ask. All they can do is say is no (or yes!).

All I know is the cm’s at the front desk have always been so friendly. Several times that we were there, I wasn’t as pleased with the room view that I received. So, just called down to the front desk, and then by the time I went back to there from our room, they had several different choices to pick from for a new room. Mind you, it’s not as easy during busy times, but they always try to accommodate.

Any Savannah view is good. Some of the rooms can be a bit far from the main area, but in my opinion they are the best rooms to have. It’s like having your own personal Savannah…such a beautiful resort.

Perfect! Thank you!

Can this be “requested” when booking a room?

If you are not staying in a savannah view room I personally think the closer you are to the pool area or lobby is the best request to make. The halls are very long, so convenience to the pool, QS, washer/dryer, etc is important after a long day at the parks. You can view the animals off the lobby anytime during the day and use night goggles in the evening. It really depends on what is important to you and your family to have the most convenient access.

Whatever room you request you are going to love the resort… Its absolutely amazing!

The times we’ve stayed there, we have pretty much ALWAYS got a savannah view room though have only paid for standard. I’ve never made a request for a savannah view but because have gone in quieter times, they have been available so we’ve been put in one! We’ve had some amazing views!

If you can’t get savannah view then try for a pool view! The only rooms to avoid are the few near the bus stops!