Any suggestions for AKL?

My dh and I will be staying in AKL at the Kidani Village for the first time. Any suggestions on what room to request. Also, is Sunset Savanna and Pembe Savanna equal or is one better than the other? Being close to the bus stop would be nice, but more interested in a great view.

Hmm - I honestly don’t remember exactly which savanna we were in. I think Sunset. It seemed we could look out and see just about the whole savanna - so that was good. Kidani isn’t that big, so it’s not a long walk to the bus stop no matter where you are.

I just did our online check-in today and I had the option of requesting Pembe or Sunset. I wasn’t sure so I googled. I found giraffes and zebras are out on the Sunset Savannah and Okapi are on the Pembe Savannah. I chose Sunset.

Then we must have been on Sunset, because we had a gaggle of giraffes and a zillion zebras.

Thanks ladies. Sunset it is. Can’t wait.

We are in Kidani village in the sunset savanna. Not worth the money/points. We complained and the next day food was put out in front of our room. Animals come, but the giraffes do what they want. Seems like they are always on the other side of the view.

Sorry to hear that, but since we only paid $100 a night, we’ll be happy with what ever passes our way. We’re taking binoculars so that should help. Hopefully the rest of your stay is going well.

I am going to do my online check in now. I will see if i can get into the sunset also. sounds like my be the best one.

Well, what do you expect the giraffes to do? Tap Dance for you? They are real animals - not animatronic and even then Disney controls their movements! “If it’s 3 o’clock it must be giraffe time”. I thought I heard it all - but complaining about the giraffes not entertaining you enough is beyond belief!:wacko:

Once again, Llama, two peas in a pod. You pretty much summed up what was going through my head when I originally read this post.

Every time I look out over the savannah, I think what a wonderful concept to be a part of what it’s like in their natural habit. It’s an experience beyond words when you look at it as the concept was meant to be, natural, not staged. Also, complaining gets my goat. For what? Allowing the animals to do what they are suppose to do, graze? What does that complaint accomplish?

Never having staying at AKL, I can’t comment on it however, I know that you “get what you get” each time you take the safari ride in AK…animals are sometimes out and sometimes not—and you can’t change that. I would prefer that they be “happy” in their environment, as we are invading their space when we want them to be in a certain spot at a certain time…

Each safari ride over the years has proved a totally different experience—some mornings we don’t see Lions at all, sometimes we see lots for example. :happy:

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1136683]Once again, Llama, two peas in a pod. You pretty much summed up what was going through my head when I originally read this post.

Every time I look out over the savannah, I think what a wonderful concept to be a part of what it’s like in their natural habit. It’s an experience beyond words when you look at it as the concept was meant to be, natural, not staged. Also, complaining gets my goat. For what? Allowing the animals to do what they are suppose to do, graze? What does that complaint accomplish?[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Hey Beth, I’ll be passing through O’Hare on the 13th of Sept. You should stop by! We could sit and agree on everything! Maybe I shouldn’t be so snarky - but sometimes people’s “entitlement” just gets to me. You’re at WDW for heaven’s sake! There’s a lot of people in the world who can’t afford to take their kids (or themselves) anywhere for a holiday, let alone WDW (and the unco-operative giraffes).

Where the heck is that like button?

Loretta, we loved our Jambo stay a few years ago. I hope your Kidani stay is amazing!

Thanks Sally. We’re really looking forward to it. Though a shorter stay, I’m more excited about this trip than I was last years.

Staying at AKL for the first time will be a great expirence for sure.

We’re staying at AKL for the first time next month too.

Yes, views of animals will be nice, but this is the first time we’re staying in a WDW Resort that has a balcony. That’s the part I can’t wait for. Just sitting out there in the evening or early morning while the kids are sleeping. Its going to be great to not just feel trapped in bed at 9pm, afraid to make any noise or turn on any lights.

[QUOTE=VincentVega;1137126]We’re staying at AKL for the first time next month too.

Yes, views of animals will be nice, but this is the first time we’re staying in a WDW Resort that has a balcony. That’s the part I can’t wait for. Just sitting out there in the evening or early morning while the kids are sleeping. Its going to be great to not just feel trapped in bed at 9pm, afraid to make any noise or turn on any lights.[/QUOTE]

You’re going to love the balcony Vincent. This will be our third stay with a balcony and it is nice sitting out there in the evening just to wind down after a long day in the parks. This one is going to have the best view so we’re really looking forward to it.

Having a balcony is awesome. We have had a balcony many times and it is nice for the mornings when the kids are asleep and I am having my coffee. Its good at anytime,but esp. those mornings. I can’t wait for the animals,with my coffee. Satying at AKL for the first time for us next month too. That will be awesome.:heart:

Welcome to MB Vincent! Balconies are the best - especially for that first cup of coffee in the morning and that last glass of wine at night. You’re going to love AKL!