Any thoughts of Captain's Grille for breakfast?

Even though we have about 4 months before we can even make ADRs, DH and I are talking where do we want to eat. We usually like to hit buffets for our money’s worth but those buffet prices lately have gone thru the roof. We noticed Captain’s Grille has a breakfast buffet for around 16 bucks. That would be around 10 dollars cheaper than Cape May breakfast. And since it’s just the two of us, we wouldn’t need the characters (in fact my DH gets annoyed at me for making him stop eating for all the pictures) So anyone eat there lately?

Funny you ask, jo-jo.
on my search for breakfast spots I came across really favorable reviews of the Captain’s Grille and !! I made a ressie there. Soooo, I can report back to you either by text on your lovely phone immediately following breakfast or you can wait until we get back on Jan. 27th.

I’m sure it’s good. It looks like it’s not big as other buffets but you won’t leave hungry.

It’s a buffet, where have I been?

It seems to have both a buffet and a normal menu. At least according to allears and disboards.

And since we won’t be eating there until dec 2011, I think the review can wait until you write your TR. (notice how I just slipped that subtle hint in there ?:laugh:)

We had breakfast here in November though we opted to order off the menu rather than get the buffet. So while I can’t speak to the buffet food, I can say that our breakfast was quite good, our server was one of the friendliest we had on the trip and the place was almost empty. It was a nice, relaxing spot to start your day.

Actually for me, I could be happy with the usual eggs, bacon, danish that you can get at any CS. My DS really like those extra things like veggie things, lox, extra good fruits ( like raspberries).

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1061398]It seems to have both a buffet and a normal menu. At least according to allears and disboards.

And since we won’t be eating there until dec 2011, I think the review can wait until you write your TR. (notice how I just slipped that subtle hint in there ?:laugh:)[/QUOTE]

Actually I see 3 subtle hints :pirate::pinch::crying:
ROFL

Right now our plan is to move from BLT to either BCV or BWV halfway thru our trip. So we thought check out of BLT, check into at ?? and have a late breakfast.

We still have loads of time to juggle things. The only thing we have for sure is 9 nights at BLT and that was booked last week.

Have you tried Kona Cafe for breakfast? It’s wonderful. Not a buffet, but portions are huge - we usually share. And then you can hop the monorail to the MK.

Well we did but that was about 20 some years ago, does that count? I’m betting it’s changed a bit. I know my DD makes it a point to eat there every trip.

I have that breakfast down for our last day. Never been but hoping it is good:)

We ate at Coronado Springs breakfast buffet on our last trip. It was ok, I think they got slammed and being we arrived later, things were pretty much picked over and not too fresh.

[QUOTE=hiner;1061490]I have that breakfast down for our last day. Never been but hoping it is good:)

We ate at Coronado Springs breakfast buffet on our last trip. It was ok, I think they got slammed and being we arrived later, things were pretty much picked over and not too fresh.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute did I miss something (again) I thought CS was a sit down?
The very first time we went it was a buffet, loved it the place was empty the food was delish.
The second time we went it was a sit down and we were really disappoint.
The food was room temp at best. Plus it was a total shock when we arrived we thought it was still a buffet :eek:!

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1061502]Wait a minute did I miss something (again) I thought CS was a sit down?
The very first time we went it was a buffet, loved it the place was empty the food was delish.
The second time we went it was a sit down and we were really disappoint.
The food was room temp at best. Plus it was a total shock when we arrived we thought it was still a buffet :eek:![/QUOTE]

We ate at Maya Grill this trip as well. We ordered off a menu though I am not sure if there was a buffet option. We also got lukewarm food. I was not impressed.

Breakfast at Kona was fantastic. I could have eaten their blueberry pancakes every morning!

We had the buffet a couple years ago at Captain’s Grill and it was really good. Our server was a really nice guy, who in the end didn’t charge me for my DS since he only ate 2 pieces of toast!! The buffet was nice, in a small room off the side of the dining area. The food was hot and never seemed to run low…All in all, I would say it’s a nice, quiet place to have a breakfast!!

Shhhhh, you make it sound perfect. I don’t want everyone else to know.