Any tips/advice?

ok, the short of the long story… originally we were planning a surprise :ph34r: birthday trip to Disney/universal/cruise for DS 13th b-day. That plan (i.e., the budget :blink: ) did not work out, so I decided to do a complete 180 and go to Wisconsin Dells, WI instead (waterpark capital of the world!) and a side trip to Cedar Point on the way home. NOW, my budget for[I] that [/I]trip is about to top the original Disney plan, SO… I am reconsidering a week at Disney sans Universal and the cruise… my long awaited question to you…

I am a compulsive planner, every detail… you know the type :happy: … I have NEVER waited this late in the game to plan a Disney vacation :blow: . Can someone, or lots of someones, give me tips, advice, the semantics of doing a trip this close to my departure date?

BA

Just call and schedule what you want. You can still get dining reservations, and there are still hotel rooms available. We did not schedule our trip until about 60 days out, and we were able to get almost everything that we wanted.

I would get on the phone, though, because the dining reservations will be quicker. The agent will ask you when you want to go eat at x, and you will say from 11am to 7pm (or whatever your times are)… and she will look throughout the whole day. Online, you only get the hour before or after…
30 minutes on the phone, and you should have what you want figured out… ask about discounts-there is a discount right now for rooms…

You have plenty of time. Take a deep breath, hold it … ex-hale, and begin. Start to make the calls.

46 days? PLENTY of time. We have reservations for the middle of June and I can tell you, there are still plenty of reservations left for just about everything. Also, there are still great discounts on rooms. Not as cheap as a few weeks ago, but you can go online on the Disney website and get a great deal. I booked straight online with Disney this year, but you can email Mouseketrips.com your dates and what you are looking for and they can tell you the best deal. I emailed them a couple of times this year price shopping and they were great to deal with. Do the same directly with Disney too. Call directly the Disney travel company and see what you can get. They honestly got me the deal of a lifetime just calling in and asking her how I can save some money. Between her and I we saved an additional $1200 changing from the Poly to the Wilderness Lodge and leaving on Sunday night instead of early Monday morning.

Good luck! If you need any help, feel free to send me a direct message, I am glad to help.

When I call to book, will I be able to place a deposit or will I need to pay the balance, since the trip is so close?

[QUOTE=crazy4tink;1029589]ok, the short of the long story… originally we were planning a surprise :ph34r: birthday trip to Disney/universal/cruise for DS 13th b-day. That plan (i.e., the budget :blink: ) did not work out, so I decided to do a complete 180 and go to Wisconsin Dells, WI instead (waterpark capital of the world!) and a side trip to Cedar Point on the way home. NOW, my budget for that trip is about to top the original Disney plan, SO… I am reconsidering a week at Disney sans Universal and the cruise… my long awaited question to you…

I am a compulsive planner, every detail… you know the type :happy: … I have NEVER waited this late in the game to plan a Disney vacation :blow: . Can someone, or lots of someones, give me tips, advice, the semantics of doing a trip this close to my departure date?

BA[/QUOTE]

I planned a surprise trip for my DD in a matter of weeks. I AM THE compulsive planner. I did just fine with the quick planning. Book what you want and get the best of what you can. Focus on two meals that you must have and maybe do the counter service plan. It works out so awesome to just go and do whatever you want without running from meal to meal. I highly suggest you try it. I am doing it again this time around…heck with all those meals. Take to much spontaneous fun out of WDW for me.

I THINK that you will need to pay the balance-if you are within 45 days, but ask…

Funny, as I began to read this, my thoughts were something like “Wisconsin Dells? That costs more than Disney does when you add everything up.” And then I read on that you discovered this and are back to Disney. Good for you. You will have no problems planning on such short notice. All the Disney CM’s are there for you.

I think you will have to pay in full if you are booking a package. If it’s room only, you can pay the deposit and balance at check in.