Any word on the crab legs returning to Cape May?

I know the testing of the crab legs has ended but it has been several weeks since they have stopped serving them. Anyone know if they have returned or if there are any rumors of their return?
If you are eating there in the next few days can you ask about them?

The only indication I can give one way or the other is that Yacht Club Galley now has snow crab legs on its menu and Yacht and Beach are really the same resort.
So, the crab legs are in the building, it’s just not clear if they’re at Cape May.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;981864]The only indication I can give one way or the other is that Yacht Club Galley now has snow crab legs on its menu and Yacht and Beach are really the same resort.
So, the crab legs are in the building, it’s just not clear if they’re at Cape May.[/QUOTE]

LOL “the crab legs are in the building”

Thanks Soundgod I am holding out hope

oooh, I hope so!! We will be there for dinner Labor Day weekend!!

Had a report from another board the legs will not be coming back. I fact according to this source the legs were removed early because they were too popular and people were just loading up on the legs. I am still holding out hope as I can not vouch for the accuracy of this information. For all I know it came from a bus driver and they are never in the know and often spread false information.
I am still on the look out for more information. Armed with intelligence gathered from Soundgod that legs are available at the Captain’s Grille (official WDW ARD site confirms) over at the Yacht Club, my new plan is to head on over there and ditch the legless buffet.

They ditched the legs early on because they were “too” popular?
Cost mitigation is one thing, but this is just becoming too much already.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;982098]They ditched the legs early on because they were “too” popular?
Cost mitigation is one thing, but this is just becoming too much already.[/QUOTE]

I’ve got to agree. Personally, I wish I’d never heard the words “free dining”. WDW food has just gone steadily downhill ever since.

Soundgod,
I stand by the fact I can not vouch for the sources credibility. Our server told us that the crab legs were costing them less than the salmon so eating crab legs and not eating salmon was the point of having them on the buffet. I can’t imagine the clams being all that cheap either. I thought the post sounded “fishy” but I felt it necessary to relay the latest info.

Soundgod said it best when he discribed WDW dining as “becoming homogenized” The restaurants do seem to be copying each other and offering one or 2 dishes that are truly unique. Most of the restaurants have their own version of crab cakes so having the legs and the clams would really help this restaurant stand out like it once did many years ago. At one time they not only had clams and mussels but steamed oysters as well as fried shrimp.
At least they brought back the buckets for the clams!