Anybody know when details for 2009 DDP might come out?

I just booked a villa for DS and soon to be DW for a Jan honeymoon. I know all about this yrs plan, but was wondering what’s coming in the future. I’ve never really paid attention to the timing of when new rates come out. Thanks.

Sorry, I haven’t read anything specific yet… but others are inquiring about it on other sites, and August was mentioned.

I did a google search (because we’re waiting to book it, too) and came up with some site in the UK where they have the 2009 plans mentioned. Do they come out earlier over there?!?!?!? :laugh:

Try this link: Disney Dining Plan 2009 shock! - Sorcerer Community

If the prices are indeed increasing as much as the British forum reports, it only supports my theory that the price of food in WDW is going to increase in the near future, just as it has increased at your local supermarket and restaurant.

It seems to me that even with the DDP increase it is a good deal, especially since the food prices will probably go up.

WOW, $50 a day is HUGE. That’s $12 MORE per Adult, per day. I understand an increase, but that much??? :confused::eek:

I’m sure it will end up being a deal with the cost of food going so high.

I would rather seen the price of the DDP increase than the quality and selection continue to go down. I’m not going to blame everything wrong in the world on the dining plan but it seems like the quality and selection has really gone down hill since the dining plan came out a few years ago. Every restaurant seems to offer the same 5-7 things.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;852965]I’m sure it will end up being a deal with the cost of food going so high.

I would rather seen the price of the DDP increase than the quality and selection continue to go down. I’m not going to blame everything wrong in the world on the dining plan but it seems like the quality and selection has really gone down hill since the dining plan came out a few years ago. Every restaurant seems to offer the same 5-7 things.[/QUOTE]
I’d definitely agree with you there!! The 1st time we used it it was GREAT, this last time we found ourselves spending money at every TS meal to get what we had gotten before.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;852965]I’m sure it will end up being a deal with the cost of food going so high.

I would rather seen the price of the DDP increase than the quality and selection continue to go down. I’m not going to blame everything wrong in the world on the dining plan but it seems like the quality and selection has really gone down hill since the dining plan came out a few years ago. Every restaurant seems to offer the same 5-7 things.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this one too! We love to splurge while we are at Disney and have always enjoyed the quality and variety of food we get while on the DDP. We would probably not even come close to ordering what we get if we were not on the plan. I don’t mind paying a few bucks more for a splurge, but if its the same old stuff, more cut backs or limited selections…pfffftt! Why bother?:glare:

I hope it doesnt go up too high… I need to be able to still go to Ohana’s

It makes sense they will raise prices. Disney is in business to make money, not loose it. DDP is not going to make them money, with the price hike for food, etc.

[QUOTE=ccorbet;852825]I did a google search (because we’re waiting to book it, too) and came up with some site in the UK where they have the 2009 plans mentioned. Do they come out earlier over there?!?!?!? :laugh:

Try this link: Disney Dining Plan 2009 shock! - Sorcerer Community[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I knew smart people hung around MB.

One thing bothers me about the post that suppose to come from a UK disney site.

Disney Dining plan £19.99 Adult (12+) £5.99 Child (3-11)
(An exchange rate of just under $2 = £1, ties in with the 2008 prices of $37.99 for adults and $9.99 for children.)
Disney Deluxe Dining plan £36.99 Adult (12+) £10.99 Child (3-11)

Now here comes the shocking part…

Disney Dining plan £25.00 Adult (12+) £10.00 Child (3-11)
Disney Deluxe Dining plan £43.00 Adult (12+) £16.00 Child (3-11)

On the DDP, don’t kids turn into adults at age 10 ?..this posting makes them kids until age 12. Is it different for Brits or is the info not really “right from a UK disney site”?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;853215]
On the DDP, don’t kids turn into adults at age 10…this posting makes them kids until age 12. Is it different for Brits or is the info not really “right from a UK disney site”?[/QUOTE]
I didn’t even notice that! I was too busy with the price and finding the exchange rate!!!

I’m going to go out on a limb here and offer a second theory for part of the increase beside the rising cost of food. After making guests cover their own tip this year, I’d bet there have been so many complaints that they’ve been pressured to put the tip back in, but raise the price a few dollars to cover the tip.

I’d have no problem with that. The tipping aspect made for a few uncomfortable conversations with the servers on our last trip.