Anyone been to Ranglan Road Recently?

My children were upset when we couldn’t secure dining reservations for the new T-Rex Cafe. I was able to get us in at Ranglan Road for the evening we were looking for. Should I continue to try back for the T-Rex reservation or will the kids like Ranglan Road?

We ate at Raglan Road last January and were terribly disappointed. We liked the food, but the service was slow. There were not a lot of people in the restaurant, but the wait-staff just seemed to be standing about not doing their jobs. When we asked for more bread, our waiter actually seemed put out.

I think I’d try for TRex…I don’t think the kids would be entertained at Raglan Road, and they’d probably get VERY frustrated with the slow/poor service.

Thanks for the input I am going to keep trying. We still have 5 weeks left!

Keep trying for T-Rex. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=diofthesouth;991020]We ate at Raglan Road last January and were terribly disappointed. We liked the food, but the service was slow. There were not a lot of people in the restaurant, but the wait-staff just seemed to be standing about not doing their jobs. When we asked for more bread, our waiter actually seemed put out.

I think I’d try for TRex…I don’t think the kids would be entertained at Raglan Road, and they’d probably get VERY frustrated with the slow/poor service.[/QUOTE]

As I think back, when we ate at Raglan Road two years ago, our waitress wasn’t that attentive or that speedy. This despite the place being uncrowded and worse, the other two servers in our area being that much more on the ball.
Yes, the food was good and if there had been any live entertainment while we were dining (we ate at 5) we would have had prime seats, but the girl serving us needed a harsh wake up call.

As for T-Rex, I’d say that’s going to be a coin flip. The menu isn’t much different from Rainforest Cafe and it’s often posted that the dining area at T-Rex tends to be very loud.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;991031]As I think back, when we ate at Raglan Road two years ago, our waitress wasn’t that attentive or that speedy. This despite the place being uncrowded and worse, the other two servers in our area being that much more on the ball.
Yes, the food was good and if there had been any live entertainment while we were dining (we ate at 5) we would have had prime seats, but the girl serving us needed a harsh wake up call.

As for T-Rex, I’d say that’s going to be a coin flip. The menu isn’t much different from Rainforest Cafe and it’s often posted that the dining area at T-Rex tends to be very loud.[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, though, the decor is awesome. I want to go just for that reason alone. Friends of ours just got back, and they raved about it, food included. I am not a fan of the Rainforest Cafe at all, but I am really intrigued with T-Rex.

All I can say is try it and see for yourself. (T-Rex)
I really like House of Blues, but most people don’t even talk about it.
So, to each their own.

been to trex …rainforest and raglan …raglan the food was good service was fine …rain forest over trex anyday ,but once again that is my opinion and to each their own…but the food at trex and rainforest is about the same but rainforest was less expensive and the noise was agravating and annoying …,but that was last april so it might have changed …only way to know is to go and make your own evaluation

On a side note, is Raglan or T-Rex on the dining plan?

Raglan Road is. When T-Rex opened, it wasn’t, however there might have been a change in status since then.

Just checked and it looks like Ranglan is on the plan and T-Rex is not. Does anyone have any different information?

Having worked at RR I really don’t recommend it for children that much. Of course many many children eat there everyday, but it is designed as more of an adult environment.

T rex is pretty pricey IMHO. You pay for the show. Food was ok.

Our reservation is for 5:30 at Ranglan so I was hoping it was early enough for the children, before the adult crowd started coming in. Would there be live entertainment that early for the kids to see?

I am pretty sure that live entertainment starts closer to 7.
I know we ate there between 4:30 and 6 and there was no entertainment.