Anyone do Hoop De Doo recently?

My traveling partner for my March trip mentioned maybe trying Hoop De Doo for dinner. She said she remembers going as a kid and really liking it, plus she loves fried chicken. :laugh: I have only been once on my first trip to WDW when I was 5 so obviously, lots has likely changed since then.

So has anyone gone recently? How is the food? Worth the price? Is it a giant pain to get over there using Disney transportation?

Thanks!

We have done it three times. I would highly suggest getting a tier 3 table, on the balcony, off to the side. We did a tier 2 once and got the dreaded “table 99” which is our worst experience at Disney yet. (right in the flow of the wait staff, blocked by the wait staff so you can’t see anything). We did tier 3 this past fall and got a free upgrade, but I would have been really happy with a balcony tier 3 table again no problem.

The food is pretty good, the entertainment great, and the beer never-ending. Enough said.

We have never had any issue getting there. We usually just find a way to get to the WL if we aren’t staying there and then ride the boat over. Pretty quick and painless.

It is a great show, you will have fun!

We do Hoop Dee Doo every trip. We love it, the show is silly and the food is good, nothing fancy just good.

If you take the boat from the front of Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness it’s a two minute walk to Pioneer Hall. After the 7 and 9 PM shows there are buses waiting to take everyone back to the Disney Resorts. Just tell the drivers where you need to go and they’ll direct you to the correct bus. If you go to the 5 pm show just walk back to the dock, take the boat back to MK and catch your resort bus there. Super easy.

Had fun our last trip in October. I had not been in many years. With the TiW card it was worth the value. Food was plentiful, service was quick, our waiter was fun to interact with, and the show was enjoyable.
Now if they could only come up with a better system to sign in and not try to force me through the picture line.

…haven’t been in over 20 years…but I remember it being a hassle to get there and back…

How long would you allow to get there from a resort? Way back when we had to get a bus from the resort to the TTC, then transfer to FW bus…

This might be something fun to do again next visit…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1127615]…haven’t been in over 20 years…but I remember it being a hassle to get there and back…

How long would you allow to get there from a resort? Way back when we had to get a bus from the resort to the TTC, then transfer to FW bus…

This might be something fun to do again next visit…[/QUOTE]

We allow about 90 minutes and we’re always there really early. We take a bus to MK then the boat to FW then walk to Hoop Dee Doo–piece of cake as far as using Disney transportation goes.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1127614]
Now if they could only come up with a better system to sign in and not try to force me through the picture line.[/QUOTE]

I just tell them we don’t want our picture taken and step out of line. It took a couple of bad pictures to figure that out but now that I have I’m not looking back.

This is what makes WDW so lovely!!!

Anyway, wanted to add that I also do not like to be herded into a forced photo op that will cost money later. It was one of the (many) things we didn’t care for at the Luau.

I wish we had gone to HDD when the kids were little. Now that they are in college, I don’t think we can make it part of our trips because it’s not one of our traditions. We still always do the same things from those early trips – though the kids owuld never admit it! :laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1127636]This is what makes WDW so lovely!!!

Anyway, wanted to add that I also do not like to be herded into a forced photo op that will cost money later. It was one of the (many) things we didn’t care for at the Luau.

I wish we had gone to HDD when the kids were little. Now that they are in college, I don’t think we can make it part of our trips because it’s not one of our traditions. We still always do the same things from those early trips – though the kids owuld never admit it! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Kate, 23, wished she had been able to stay longer on our October trip to do HDD with us. She had to leave after 4 days with us. And I know she would have enjoyed the show. You never know. Maybe a new memory can be made.

We went in June and it was fun as always. We don’t do it every trip but every other trip. Just a tip: if you like WDW mac n cheese ask for some. It’s not on the menu but they get it from Trails End next door.

Thanks for the input everyone! I didn’t realize that HDD accepted the Tables in Wonderland Card so thanks for that tip, Rich! That actually makes a big difference for me!

I have only vague memories of when we did it over 25 years ago. Mostly I remember getting to FW and hanging around outside for quite a while because we gave ourselves way too much time to get there.

My traveling buddy and I both love the down home style food so I think we will try to do it. Thanks again for your input!

While I agree with 99% of above, I want to reiterate one thing: Unlimited beer and sangria… always worth a try! :wink:

Trust me, that is also a huge selling point! :laugh: