Anyone else do Transportation pin map?

Just got back from a trip to WDW and happened by chance upon it at the Pin Trading store in DTD – wondered if anyone else did the Transportation Pin Map / Hunt?

It worked as follows:

You were provided with a cardboard map (8 1/2 x 11) of WDW showing eight Transportation pins on the map.
On the back of the map was a listing of the locations of each the pins and where you had to stop at each location and get a stamp from the Disney store for that location - proving you had visited that location.
At each location you could buy their Transportation pin.
After you visited all 7 locations, you went to Pin Trading at DTD and get a free pin!
The locations were the 4 parks, DTD, GF, and Boardwalk.

Each pin was a LE2000 and the final pin LE3000.

It took my DS and myself 4 days to collect all the stamps on the map; it was a different and fun way to collect pins and visit places across WDW - we had never been to the Boardwalk before.

I have the Santa’s Pin list cardboard card from awhile ago but I never did it lol.

7 CM’s and guests got together to get MJ these pins, I just hung them on her Disney wall :slight_smile: I’ll try to put a picture up sometime soon.

I haven’t ever heard of this. I will have to get the girls to do it in October…sounds like fun!

I never heard of this, either!!! This does sound like fun. Where do you go to do it?? Where do you get the map to get started?

I haven’t heard of it ethier, but if there limited to 2000 there proably aren’t to many left.

The maps and pins were at the main pin stores at each park:
Jewelry store on Main Street in MK
Pin Trading Kiosk in Epcot
Sorcerer’s Hat in MGM
Island Mercantile in AK
as well as at DTD, GF, and Boardwalk – they were just setup on the counter and not really pushed by the CMs.

I did not see any advertising beforehand – and I agree with 15 mins to wdw, I am not sure how long this would last – with 2000 pins at each park and only 3000 at the end this unfortunetaly will not last too long.

Maybe I’ll take a small detour to work in the morning.

I am sad to report that this was the last pin pursuit… rumor has it they are cooking up something new, I will let everyone know what it is when we do…

They still have all the pins AFAIK

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.
:fork_off:

Whats AFAIK?

Not sure what AFAIK is either.

But here is the link explaining the ‘pin pursuit’ now that I know the proper name:

AFAIK - As Far As I Know :wink:

I knew I was going to feel stupid when I got a answer to that.

Are the pins still available? I’d love to get the monorail one!

I didn’t know about this.

Note: New thing to do next trip.

I’ve never heard of this but my son would love it. I guess with only 2,000 pins they’ll be gone in 7 weeks. Maybe there will be something new by then, I hope someone will keep us posted.