Anyone else get this PIN offer?

I had this in an email today:

Now you can add extra shopping fun to look forward to on your upcoming vacation. For a limited time, you can purchase a $500 Walt Disney World Merchandise Credit for just $395*. The credit is valid at over 150 locations with no expiration date!

Since you’ve already booked your package, just call us to order your Merchandise Credit
at 407-939-7761. Be ready with your PIN

Is there anyway to tell which 150+ locations this credit can be used at? Do you think I could use my Disney Rewards toward purchasing this credit?

They did this last year too . . . It’s a good deal if you plan to SHOP!! And I don’t know why you couldn’t use your visa? You are making a purchase for $350!

Wow I have never seen an offer like that. Depending on the list of places it an be used at (and whether or not you normally spend $500+) that could be a great deal! :eek: I wonder if you call them if they could e-mail you a list of the locations?

P.S. I’m sure you could use your reward credits…I don’t see why it would be any different than using them for other parts of your vacation. The money is still going to Disney! Haha.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;980460]Wow I have never seen an offer like that. Depending on the list of places it an be used at (and whether or not you normally spend $500+) that could be a great deal! :eek: I wonder if you call them if they could e-mail you a list of the locations?

P.S. I’m sure you could use your reward credits…I don’t see why it would be any different than using them for other parts of your vacation. The money is still going to Disney! Haha.[/QUOTE]

I just forwarded the email to DH and asked if we spend this much–I’m not sure. (He’s Mr. Moneybags. I just spend it!:laugh:)I know each of our children have earned about 90 dollars each this summer, they’ve also saved Christmas, birthday and tooth fairy money, and DH and I usually buy something. I just don’t know if we’d spend all that money.

I would call and inquire. If it can be used for CS or snacks . . . I’m sure you’ll spend it. I’d say most families average around $100/day.

PS. PLUS, take the kids money to buy the card and then add the $50 and you are still ahead of the game. Right?

I got this offer last year and was hesitant to buy it not knowing if i’d spend that much. Well…I spent that much…and easily :slight_smile: You can use it pretty much anywhere if it’s the same as last year. I used it in DTD, for stroller rental, for the picture they take at Chef Mickey’s, to buy refillable mugs, etc. My DD got into pin trading…so yeah…that money was gone no problem! I would love to get that pin again this year too as we are going in Dec.

It must’ve been new last year, because most CMs looked at the card like they’d never seen it before.

That is such a cool offer.

I wonder if you can use it at the BBB and to purchase food and things of that nature. If so I would be interested.

I plan on calling in the morning to try to get an idea of where it can be used. DH came up with some questions we have before we commit, and I’ll let you know what I find out.:happy:

I’ll be interested to hear what you find out. I’m also curious about using the Visa rewards. We usually use our Visa rewards to pay all of our tips while on the dining plan. It just so happens that we have about $400 in rewards, so it would be nice to turn that $400 into $500 if it could be used for most of the same things.

I’d be a little afraid I’d lose the card. Of course I could lose any card, but with credit cards you have some protection. But as others mentioned, if it could use for CS, tips, snacks, little stuff at gifts shops, I think it’s a great deal. We just don’t spend that much only on souvenirs .

I seem to remember others getting the offer last year too. It really seems like a great deal. Especially if you are a shopper! :slight_smile:

I just got off the phone with a CM who was not the most helpful person I’ve ever talked to. :glare: She said she “assumed” that we could use Disney Reward Dollars to pay for the card. I also asked if there was a list of merchants somewhere, and she said I should see a link within the email, but DH and I looked last night, and all that is there are stores (mostly within EPCOT) that the card cannot be used at. :confused: I also asked if the card could be used for ticket upgrades, which I figured would be no, but I wanted to make sure, and, again, this most unhelpful CM said she THOUGHT that it was only to be used for merchandise, but she wasn’t positive.:pinch: DH and I will have to discuss further, but we gotta make a decision quick, because we have to make this purchase within 7 days of our check-in day, and that is coming up soon!! :happy:Yay!!

If it couldn’t be used for tips, then there’s NO WAY we’d spend that much. We’re already on free dining, and my kids have earned their own disney dollars to spend, so we’ll probably spend next to nothing besides the tips and maybe a couple of small souveniers.

We’ve determined that we would not spend that much either, so we’re not going to do this. Even though my kids all have money to take on vacation, I really hope they won’t spend it all in Disney. It’s their money, and they can do what they want with it, but my older two have learned to be somewhat frugal with their spending, and I hope my younger one will see that on this trip, and they’ll all come home with a little money to save.

Does the card expire? Or can you use it over multiple trips?

No expiration, which is a good thing, and we did consider that, but I think my kids would rather have their money if it’s not spent rather than have it tied up in a card that most likely won’t be used again for a couple of years.

Makes sense. It’s a good deal for a frequent visitor. Basically $200 for FREE? Right? :blink:

We did this last year, it was a GREAT deal!

Yes, absolutely a great deal for a frequent visitor like you! If we were able to go more than once every year, then it would be a no-brainer for us, but right now DH says we’re going to wait 2 or 3 years before we go after our upcoming trip.