Anyone ever get to be the "Flag Family"

I was wondering if any MB’ers were ever selected to be the Flag Family at Wilderness Lodge? I think this would be so cool.

First off, you are going to LOVE the WL. We did, it is our second favorite resort so far. I saw the flag family in the lobby last summer and they were excited. I wish we had done it. My daughter would have loved the experience.

Ooh tell me more? what’s the flag family? It sounds exciting and an honour too

I plan on asking on our trip.

Dix, in the morning, the flag family goes to the top of the resort and moons everyone … I mean, they raise the flags over the resort. (4 I think - the U.S.; Florida state; WDW: & the WL).

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1077709]I plan on asking on our trip.

Dix, in the morning, the flag family goes to the top of the resort and moons everyone … I mean, they raise the flags over the resort. (4 I think - the U.S.; Florida state; WDW: & the WL).[/QUOTE]

Boss! you are past naughty- I got a mental picture in my head- not pleasant! Your sense of humour is wicked- but I love it:heart:
Thanks for the ‘real’ explanation-

Dix, in the morning, the flag family goes to the top of the resort and moons everyone … I mean, they raise the flags over the resort. (4 I think - the U.S.; Florida state; WDW: & the WL).[/QUOTE]

Glad I am going a few days before you Boss. You may be responsible for the end of the Flag Family ritual. :laugh::laugh:

Next we’re gonna hear you went swimming in the geyser - in a pink tutu, of course.:eek:

We were lucky enough to be the flag family one morning during our first stay at WL in 2003. It was wonderful, one of my favorite memories of our trip. When we checked in it was one of my first questions after the CM got us checked in. We were lucky and there was one morning open and it just happened to be our last day. I hope you get to do it, it was a special way to start a morning.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Time to get those “DO NOT ALLOW ENTRANCE” photos updated again.

Someday we’ll have to do a timeline of things that are no longer done at WDW and Boss Mouse’s trip. Could be veerrrryyy interesting.

We’ve been the flag family twice (IIRC). Like DT said, we asked at check-in and it was one of the highlights of the trip.

We haven’t asked to do it since Ranger Stan retired. Stan was a long time cast member at the WL who absolutely loves the Lodge. I’m sure it’s still a wonderful experience… the views alone are worth it.

Good luck! I hope they have an opening.

[QUOTE=brumcg;1077791]We’ve been the flag family twice (IIRC). Like DT said, we asked at check-in and it was one of the highlights of the trip.

We haven’t asked to do it since Ranger Stan retired. Stan was a long time cast member at the WL who absolutely loves the Lodge. I’m sure it’s still a wonderful experience… the views alone are worth it.

Good luck! I hope they have an opening.[/QUOTE]

Stan was a special man, he truly made our experience magical that morning.

I’m all about magical views.