Anyone Have Any Good Stories Re: Getting Stuck on Rides?

My daughter is here with me reading the forums (she’s 7) and she wanted me to ask everyone a question. She wants to know if anyone has any good stories about getting stuck on a ride at WDW or DL? Or any funny stories about anything that has happened to you at WDW or DL.

She was curious because of a story she’s heard all of her life about me getting stuck on a ride when I was 3. So I guess I will start off by answering my own question.

When I was 3 we went to DL and rode the Pirates of the Carribean. Right at the part where the boat was trying to get up the little ramp (where the cannons were going off) we got stuck for over an hour. For some reason, I thought those cannons were so LOUD then :eek: , of course they probably weren’t but it seemed like it was. From then on I have been terrified of any loud banging noises:( She loves hearing that story and it makes her laugh everytime I tell it, so I tell it a lot :smiley: So…anyone else have any stories?:slight_smile:

My :angel Thanks you all for answering her question.:wink:

When I was younger, this was a very popular ride. They would fill up all of the seating areas. Anyway, we were viewing the last scene and the carousel never turned. We sat through the scene three times!

It was interesting to see the scene start over - the clock reset, the oven closed and the animatronics resituated. But, by the third time of Now Is the Time - sing it everyone- , we were ready to get out. :wink:

Well, the worst place I have ever been stuck is one New Year’s Eve, my wife and I were in California and we were only there for a couple of days, so we took everyone to Disneyland, and it was open until 2:00 AM, so we were there all day, took the kids back to the hotel for my mother to watch around 10:00 PM, and got back into the park around 11:30. It was so crowded that we decided to go on Pirates, and got on pretty quickly. Unfortunately, we got stuck near the end, where the men used to chase the women around, and were there for an hour and a half, and finally got out at 1:30, just in time to catch one last ride. I could quote the speach that the pirates was saying for years, until they chaged it that is. What a waste of a fine evening. We missed new year’s eve, and missed the whole evening.

Our family went to WDW in January '02. On our second day at MK, we were there at opening and headed straight for Buzz Lightyear. (Our 5-year-old son is an avid fan of Buzz.) We were the first folks through, and apparently the ride was still ‘sleepy.’ We got stuck in the first section for about 15 minutes. It was fun though, because we had something to do. My husband, 5-year-old, and 3-year-old daughter were in the car ahead and spent the time spinning and shooting. I was behind them with our 1-year-old son. He spun the car, and I got in LOTS of target practice. I improved on my normally pathetic score – I became a ‘Galactic Commander,’ with a final score of 760,00! Getting stuck is already one of our best stories and will definately make it into the trip’s memory book!
Karen :wink:

I got stuck on Universe of Energy once, right in the Dinosaur scene, near the Ellen AA, The power went and all the lights came on, I was hoping that they would have to let us walk out the ride on the show floor ! but they got it going after about 20-30 minutes and we carried on, the best part was they sent a custodial in and he was asking Epcot Trivia (most of which I got right!) :smiley: