Anyone have Recipes from Disney?

I was looking for recipes from WDW restaurants, mainly Boma. But I would love to find recipes to the others as well. I do have a recipe for Tonga Toast, but that is all I have.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.:slight_smile:

I have some. None from Boma except Zebra Domes, and I have not made these myself, looks like way to much work, lol. I think I will just go to Boma for a Zebra Dome :). I have Le Cellier Cheese soup,
Double Apple sheet cake from Main street bakery, Lemon Squares from Crystal Palace, Le Cellier Pasta Salad, Chef Mickey’s Parmesan mashed potatoes and lots more. Let me know what you want.
ZEBRA COFFEE DOME

Yield: 16 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound Milk Chocolate
2 ounces Espresso Coffee
5 Egg Yolks
2 ½ ounces Sugar
6 sheets Gelatin
4 ounces Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups Heavy Cream
6 ounces White Chocolate Ganache
2 ounces Dark Chocolate Ganache

Method:

1. Melt milk chocolate.
  2. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
  3. Mix yolks with sugar.
  4. Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.
  5. Mix gelatin with Kahlua and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.
  6. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.
  7. Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.
  8. Fold in the rest of the cream.
  9. Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.
  10. Place sponge circle on top. Leave in the freezer to set.
  11. Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.
  12. Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.
  13. Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a stripe design of chocolate ganache over the dome.
  14. Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
  15. Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.
  16. Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.

I have a couple, but I can’t seem to find them right now. One option is to check out Family Fun Magazine. It is owned by Disney, and often has Disney World recipes.

Disney World Recipes from Family Fun Magazine

Cinderella, those Zebra domes are so good too. I didn’t realize it would be that difficult to make either (no, I didn’t try it yet). They have so many wonderful desserts at Boma also. My goodness, I could just fill up on desserts. There are a couple of things I’m looking for…The Mulagatawney (sp) and the bread pudding from the Boma. Then the Tomato Bisque Soup from the Mara. I Loved those three things. Also, I was looking for The Brazillian Smoothie from the Rainforest. Thanks for the Zebra Dome rec.

Mickey, thanks for the address. I didn’t know that Disney owned Family Fun. I knew we got a magazine when we checked in, and I sort of wondered why. I just checked out the site and I’m gonna go back and do some searches.

Goofette, I’ll see if I can get you those recipes while I’m there.
:slight_smile:

I know that you can go to the Disney World website and go to the “resorts” section, then click on Guest Services at the bottom of the page, and it brings up an email form to request recipes. The response is just a few days (usually).

Here is one of the requests:

BANANA BREAD PUDDING- Boma

Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:

1 quart Milk
19 ounces Sugar
1 quart Heavy Cream
27 ounces Fresh Eggs
1/3 ounce Cinnamon
4 ounces Butter
5 each Bananas, sliced
2 pounds Croissants, brioche, or challah, sliced

Method:

1. Cut day-old croissant, brioche, or challah into pieces. Place them
    in a deep dish pan.
  2. Mix custard mix except for butter.
  3. Soak the bread pieces with the custard.
  4. Slice bananas and incorporate into the pudding.
  5. Place butter chunks on top of bread pudding.
  6. Bake bread pudding in a hot water bath oven at 275o for about 45
    minutes to an hour until an inserted knife comes out clean.

(I haven’t tried it yet . . . I plan to sample it first at AKL.)

I have a Disney cookbook I bought in 1987 at WDW. Of course it doesn’t have any AK recipes, but it does have lots of recipes in it from all of the resort hotels and the parks. It’s a great cookbook. One recipe that my family loves that I make is the Pioneer Hall Biscuits and Gravy. Since we’re from NJ, no one knew how to make this, nor did anyone have a recipe for it.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by lopo
[B]I know that you can go to the Disney World website and go to the “resorts” section, then click on Guest Services at the bottom of the page, and it brings up an email form to request recipes. The response is just a few days (usually).

Here is one of the requests:

BANANA BREAD PUDDING- Boma

[/B]

Yes!!! Thank you SO much. I am going out of town this weekend, but I plan on making this next week. I’ll let everyone know how mine turns out (I’m sure nothing as good as Bomas). Thank you So much lopo. Oh, if you try this at Boma, make sure to put a little vanilla sauce over it…mmm makes it really good.

Thanks Cinderella :slight_smile: At least I have the bread pudding recipe, so one down two to go. Or until I think of something else I ate that I really really liked :laugh

jgriff…I saw a Disney cookbook at bookcloseouts and I was too late and they had sold all of them. If you happen to ever notice any for sale again online someplace would you mind letting me know. I would really appreciate it.
:slight_smile:

jgriff…I saw a Disney cookbook at bookcloseouts and I was too late and they had sold all of them. If you happen to ever notice any for sale again online someplace would you mind letting me know. I would really appreciate it.

No problem!:slight_smile:

Originally posted by jgriff2388
I have a Disney cookbook I bought in 1987 at WDW. Of course it doesn’t have any AK recipes, but it does have lots of recipes in it from all of the resort hotels and the parks. It’s a great cookbook. One recipe that my family loves that I make is the Pioneer Hall Biscuits and Gravy. Since we’re from NJ, no one knew how to make this, nor did anyone have a recipe for it.:slight_smile:

I have that book too :slight_smile: I heard / or read that you can always ask for any reciepe and they will give it to you …anyone know if this is true?

I keep seeing these threads pop up and I’m thinking…wow, I don’t remember posting that, then I notice the date :laugh :laugh …someone is going back in time today :wink: This is a good thread to pull up, I love the food at WDW.

From Boma I have
Chicken Coconut Curry soup
Pineapple cheesecake
Cocomisu

PM me and I will send them as an email.

Originally posted by Goofette
I keep seeing these threads pop up and I’m thinking…wow, I don’t remember posting that, then I notice the date :laugh :laugh …someone is going back in time today :wink: This is a good thread to pull up, I love the food at WDW.

that someone would be me … there are soooo many good threads in DC history …what is sad is that many of the people that started them are no longer around :frowning:

Originally posted by tinkerbell
that someone would be me … there are soooo many good threads in DC history …what is sad is that many of the people that started them are no longer around :frowning:

I know :cry: I really really miss Cinderellafifi, and to be honest with you, I’m Very Worried about her. It’s not like her not to email me back. Even when she was gone, we would email each other. I hope she’s doing ok.

I Love these old threads!!! I think they’re great. Thanks for going back and doing it. I just had to laugh at some of my responses on some of them…I need the embarassing smiley here :laugh I was thinking, oh man, am I always such an idiot on the boards…ok…no one say a word! :laugh (referring to the most relaxing ride thread in particular) :whistle:

I have that book too I heard / or read that you can always ask for any reciepe and they will give it to you …anyone know if this is true?

Yes! Well - we didn’t have to ask but my fil was in love and I mean in LOVE with the salad dressing at 'Ohana & the waiter brought us over a copy of the recipe! I’m interested in a few myself - especially the sauteed shrimp & pasta from 50’s Primetime Cafe - it was so delish & seems somewhat easy to make!

Originally posted by Goofette
[B]I know :cry: I really really miss Cinderellafifi, and to be honest with you, I’m Very Worried about her. It’s not like her not to email me back. Even when she was gone, we would email each other. I hope she’s doing ok.

[/B]

I sent her a pm a couple of months ago and its still un-read … I think about her often, kinda worry about her too … sure wish she would pop in and say hello.

I have way, way too many to list here. Are you looking for anything in particular?

One of my many projects is to get all the recipes I have up on the web on their own pages. Needless to say, it is a huge undertaking. I do have some up on my website.

Originally posted by jmouse
[B]I have way, way too many to list here. Are you looking for anything in particular?

One of my many projects is to get all the recipes I have up on the web on their own pages. Needless to say, it is a huge undertaking. I do have some up on my website. [/B]

jmouse, I had problems with your website. Do I need to register? Or did anyone else have problems?

there were these sweet potatos at Boma’s … I would love to have the receipe for them … I never liked sweet potatos before eating those

It told me I had reached my view limit or something like that after I looked at a couple of recipes :dazed

Specifically I’m looking for 2 things from 50’s Primetime…the shrimp pasta and the pork tenderloin. YUM!!