Anyone heard of this?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/tix/740993773.html

I’ve never heard of these. Sounds like a rip-off to me.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about these being sold on ebay.

I think it’s a rip off but that’s just my opinion. I wouldn’t spend a dime on them and I hope Disney can do something about these people.

$20 each??? That’s just crazy! So if my family of 3 wanted to skip the line on one ride it would cost $60? :ohmy: Yikes!

I just hate to see unsuspecting people pay money to these “crooks”. Makes me mad.

Im curious as to what ‘passes’ you would recieve. Stupid scammers.

Sounds bogus to me. I too would like to see what kind of passes you get. I definitely have never heard of anything like this.

some one needs to put a stop to this

If you want to, you can go to Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World
and read what Anita Answer had to say about that very question in this weeks column :wink:

Sounds like a scam. Who would buy these passes when you can get fast passes for free.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Stay away!

So sad, but someone will be scammed. A lot of people don’t pay attention to what is going on around them and have no idea that fast passes are FREE!:ohmy:
In fact some people don’t even know what a fast pass is. :pinch:

Suffice it to say that is what this seller is hoping for.

I have heard of VIP passes but I don’t think these are real.

It clearly is a scam. Thanks for posting the link to Anita’s column! I then went to the Craigslist link and noticed that in the upper right corner there is a box where various categories are listed, to “flag” things. One listed is “spam” and “?” (senior moment … I forget what the second word was :blush: :laugh: )). Anyway, I clicked on the “spam (thingy)” and it seems to report the scam to Craigslist. It would probably help if everyone who reads this goes and does the same thing. Maybe we can save some innocent naieve people some money.

What is it? When I clicked on the craigslist link it showed the items had been flagged for removal.:confused:

Well, at first I figured that my flagging the item worked to have it removed! But, I was able to pull it up again just now.

Go to the Deb Wills’ site that’s linked above, and click on the “Anita Answers” column (see at top of page). It’s the last item written up in this weeks Anita Answers.

These are the only VIP passes I have heard about.
Disney’s VIP passes for bigwigs raise ethical questions – OrlandoSentinel.com

I just clicked on this link and it’s been removed again

I had read earlier about it on deb’s too. I would never want to take that chance of purchasing them.

These are definitely scams. At least Craigs list took it off right away.

Glad Craigs lists takes care of these things faster then ebay!

Hmmm . . . interesting! I agree with all of you. I’d never buy something like that because I seriously doubt that anyone could have legitimate passes such as those to sell. I also found the article on the fastpasses for officials interesting. I think it’s funny that anyone would get worked up over a government official getting special privleges. I can see how we’re all safer if folks like that are not in one place for too long in a place like Disney World.