Anyone know why?

We are currently staying at BCV June 20 th till June 25… I was going to add 3 more days onto these and have noticed that there is not a lot of avaliablity at DVC resorts and other resorts. Anyone know if there is something going on in Disney around the 25th of June? Or is just that it is officially summer time? Thanks!

I’m thinking it’s the sum-sum-summertime.

It’s just summer and the small size of the resort. BCV is usually pretty booked. We’ve had a waitlist there for several months and it hasn’t come through.

We were told that Beach Club Villas book up the fastest, along with Bay Lake Tower when we were on our DVC tour last week (yup, we went for the free FPs). It’s because of its proximity to Epcot and DHS, as well as Stormalong Bay.

Thanks everyone. I am happy that we got the 5 days at BCV. I lucked out this morning because I couldn’t sleep and decided to go online to Disney and try and see if maybe BCV or YCV would be available. Well I was shocked and got YCV for 3 days. … Yea! We are staying longer. :slight_smile:

Wait… are you staying at the Beach Club Resort or Beach Club Villas? Yacht Club doesn’t have villas…

do fools fall in love?

it’s summer time and a popular week at WDW…I hate that you are going to have some crowds, but I am really happy that bookings are up!

I found this on another site:

On my pre-trip thread CaliforniaGirl let me know that President Obama may be at Disney on 6/22. I did a search and found out that there is a Latino convention at the Contemporary 6/21-6/23 and many politicians will be present. See excerpt and link below.

So, if you are planning to be in the World June 21-23 and even worse, staying at the Contemporary…expect security/delays/traffic!

President Barack Obama will be among of the speakers at a Latino leadership conference scheduled for next month at Walt Disney World.

The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials announced this week that the president will address the group on June 22.

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will speak on June 21, organizers said.

The three-day convention, which is expected to draw nearly 1,000 Latino public officials, will be at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Lake Buena Vista.

The convention also will feature talks by Gov. Rick Scott and former Gov. Jeb Bush, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis and state Sen. Rene Garcia, R-Hialeah.

U.S. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, R-Florida, chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Conference, state Rep. Darren Soto, D-Orlando, U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Florida, and California State Assembly Speaker John Pérez, a Democrat, will appear at a luncheon.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ama-rick-scott