Anyone or know anyone in the military (past or present)?

Do you want a free pin?

This was given to my by my sister who’s an ex-CP to use for trade and I just can’t do it. It’s too nice to just give away so I’d like to offer it out to my Buzzer friends first.

I have two of them so however they go is how they go, if you want two let me know, if you want one and so does someone else then that’s okay too.

Post in the thread and they go to a good home on a first come, first serve basis.

I am an old Vietnam era veteran and have to admit I really like the pin. If no one who is still active asks I would be very pleased to get one from you.

-Harry

Harry one is definitely yours.

First off, thanks for your service, you’re pretty awesome for that!

Second, kindly PM me your address and I’ll send it out in the mail.

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1096933]Harry one is definitely yours.

First off, thanks for your service, you’re pretty awesome for that!

Second, kindly PM me your address and I’ll send it out in the mail.

:)[/QUOTE]

I think you’re pretty awesome too Veronica, always helpful and kind, what lovely qualities. And Harry, huge respect to you, you deserve the pin.

My dad was in Korea… served for 10 years or so. I was planning on enlisting until I blew out my knee

:blush: Aw shucks Dixie thanks. Sometimes it’s a blessing and a curse, but I wouldn’t change who I am for the world. Some people tell me I’m too nice and that’s okay, I would rather be too nice than be a b i you know what!

dac, I have a real fondness for the military. I may not always agree with war (not trying to start anything political here honest) but I have the utmost respect for the men and women who go out and represent and serve our country and go out and defend in a way that I am not physically able to do.

Both my grandfathers served in WWII and I was given the honor of their dog tags. I proudly carry them on my keys and cherish them to pieces.

Every Veteran’s Day I go to our local cemetery that has a huge ceremony and support all those that are still with us and celebrating and those that have passed on. This year I was fortunate enough to visit Arlington National Cemetery on the day after Veteran’s Day, it was beautiful. I’ve been another time and it’s really quite a beautiful place to go. I have plenty of photos if anyone is interested in seeing them I would be happy to post them.

Okay thanks for letting me ramble on.

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1096927]

Post in the thread and they go to a good home on a first come, first serve basis.[/QUOTE]

I would call dibs on the second one if it’s still available… (even though it IS a Marine…) :pirate:

Experiment, still available and it’s all yours. Did you serve? If you did, you’re awesome and thank you for your service!

PM your address and I will gladly send it out for you.

P.S. I did think it was Marines by the uniform but I wasn’t 100% so I didn’t mention it. :slight_smile:

And what’s wrong with the Marines? Some of the best folks I ever dragged out of a bar were Marines :pinch:.

My Dad was a Marine during Korea and when I told him I was enlisting in the Army it made for some interesting discussions, but at the end of the day he was just proud I served.

Thanks again Veronica! :heart:
-Harry

You guys are awesome. Thank you for protecting all of us. We appreciate it more than we realize.

hey boys, I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S :cool::laugh:

and Veronica that is very kind and considerate of you.

If they are not gone, I would take one. My son-in-law is out now, but served Afghanistan. He lost several friends to IEDs and was one of the guys who searched out the devices and dismantled or destroyed them so his unit could go in and do their job.

Oh no mrsmouse I gave them away already. I’m sorry, but thank you SIL on my behalf.

Let me look in the bag again and see if there is anything else in there. I will post tomorrow yes or no if there was anything else.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1096963]hey boys, I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S :cool::laugh:

and Veronica that is very kind and considerate of you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, :blush: as I mentioned before the military holds a special place in my heart.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1096963]hey boys, I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S :cool::laugh:

and Veronica that is very kind and considerate of you.[/QUOTE]

Nothing like support from above to help a poor boy out of a bad spot!

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1096949]Experiment, still available and it’s all yours. Did you serve? If you did, you’re awesome and thank you for your service!

PM your address and I will gladly send it out for you.

P.S. I did think it was Marines by the uniform but I wasn’t 100% so I didn’t mention it. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! And yes, I did serve, with the Navy though. :pirate: I believe Voldemort saw this before I did and pm’d our addy. :ph34r:

Oh, where do I start…:pirate:

One of the funniest jokes I know involve Marines, but I can’t tell it on this family forum. :laugh:

Actually, I don’t have anything bad to say about the United States Marine Corps. My Father was a Navy Chaplain. Spent 12 years with the Navy, 8 with the Marine Corps. Did three tours in Vietnam. An Admiral was once asked what weapon system made him feel the safest. The Reporter was expecting an answer like the F-14 or MX-1. Instead, the Admiral replied, “A Southern Baptist Marine with a rifle.” Not sure if it’s a true anecdote, but it’s a safe bet either way. Thanks for your service, Harry! :cool:

I like this thread :slight_smile:

Indeed Voldemort did. I have yours and Grumpy’s so they’ll be going out on Monday.

I’ve heard that one or something very similar before, :cool:

Thank your Dad for being there for the troops, three tours as a Chaplain had to be so difficult.

And thank’s for your service as well! After all without the Navy who would have brought us all that Pogey Bait ! ! !

Best regards always,
Harry