Anyone or know anyone in the military (past or present)?

Yes, thank you to all who served.
@ DisneyFreak78, thank you for being so kind and generous to two of our great mousebuzzers.
@ JK8, I agree

This doesn’t have anything to do with pins but with all the talk recently of Marine’s I found this too funny not to share

Those curbs in Augusta sound pretty dangerous to me :laugh:

That’s an awesome article!

And thanks Sue :slight_smile:

Ooh Rah

Those curbs can be rough.

-H

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1097030]This doesn’t have anything to do with pins but with all the talk recently of Marine’s I found this too funny not to share

Those curbs in Augusta sound pretty dangerous to me :laugh:[/QUOTE]

And people wonder why the best 14 years of this Navy Corpsman’s 20 year carreer were those spent serving with the Marine Corps. Once I went green in 89 I could not go back to the blue side. They always made sure Doc was taken care of as long as Doc took care of them. “My Marines” as everyone in the BAS would refer to them always kept us on our feet wondering what they would come up with next. Never a dull moment. Semper Fi / Semper Squid.

As some of you know I am into the whole DIY thing for holiday decorations. Lately I have been working on new lighting controllers. One of the guys who has been helping me with them sent me this video. It is a display he sequenced for another family.

Bring it up to full screen, turn on the sound, and see if you keep a dry eye through the whole thing.

2011 Christmas Lights- Thank You Troops and Veterans! - YouTube

Best, -H

THank you all to have served. I have brother in law that is almost ready to retire from the army he had done three tours in Iraq and has two bronze stars to prove it. As I referr to them as the I have had to see way to much bad stuff medals.
I am always reminded of the sacrifices made by them as I seen in my fathers case when I was little. I did not fully understand the saying some gave all and all gave some. Until later in my life after he was long gone… he served 4 years in the pacific during wwII

We have one interesting family together every year as I have 3 uncles (Vietnam Army vets), my dad is the same, my husband is a Navy vet, my cousin is a current Marine (in Afghanistan now) and his brother a current Army helicopter pilot (also currently in Afghanistan). They all harrass the heck out of each other. This coming weekend will be the only weekend my dad and husband don’t pull for the same team in football. Obviously, my husband is WAY out numbered. Thank you to all who serve and have served. Both my cousins are missing Christmas with their kids this year and it hits home the sacrifices that are made.

My son will graduate from College in May 2012 and has just enlisted in the Marine Corp. It was quite the surprise but we are very proud of him and will be of his service.

Thank you to all who have served.

[QUOTE=disneymom;1097115]My son will graduate from College in May 2012 and has just enlisted in the Marine Corp. It was quite the surprise but we are very proud of him and will be of his service.

Thank you to all who have served.[/QUOTE]

Will he be accepting an officer commision as a college grad or will he be enlisted?

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1097061]As some of you know I am into the whole DIY thing for holiday decorations. Lately I have been working on new lighting controllers. One of the guys who has been helping me with them sent me this video. It is a display he sequenced for another family.

Bring it up to full screen, turn on the sound, and see if you keep a dry eye through the whole thing.

2011 Christmas Lights- Thank You Troops and Veterans! - YouTube

Best, -H[/QUOTE]

I love that link, Harry, thanks for sharing!

[QUOTE=disneymom;1097115]My son will graduate from College in May 2012 and has just enlisted in the Marine Corp. It was quite the surprise but we are very proud of him and will be of his service.

Thank you to all who have served.[/QUOTE]

Please pass him my congratulations and thanks.

-Harry

Will he be accepting an officer commision as a college grad or will he be enlisted?

I have no idea how this works. I assume as a college graduate he will be an officer, right?

Please pass him my congratulations and thanks.

Thanks. It is scary but we are very proud of him.

Most times. But if he saw a Recruiter at a Recruiting Office he might be signed up to go the enlisted route. If it was a Recruiter brought into the college, they are generally Officer Candidate Recruiters. “GENERALLY”!

Ask him if part of his training will involve going to Officer Candidate School in Quantico, Virginia, or one of the Enlisted Boot Camps. The east coast enlisted location, MCRD Paris Island, right here in Beaufort, SC. The west coast enlisted location is in San Diego, CA.

If you have any ??? feel free to email me: tritrk@hargray.com

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1097259] The west coast enlisted location is in San Diego, CA.

[/QUOTE]

That’s where the Hollywood Marines come from right…:eek:

Just Kidding, a Marine is a Marine is a Marine.

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1097260]That’s where the Hollywood Marines come from right…:eek:

Just Kidding, a Marine is a Marine is a Marine.

-H[/QUOTE]

Marine Corps Recruit Depot. MCRD for short. Visible from the San Diego Airport. :pirate:

There are various ways to become an Officer in the United States Marine Corps. Of course there’s the Naval Academy:ph34r:, where you receive an Active Commission. For those of us like me, we attended Reserve Officers Training Corps (R.O.T.C.) :cool: during college and received a Reserve Commission. Then for those who think of it after, the Officer Candidate School (O.C.S.) :mellow: is where the plucky cadet goes through training prior to receiving a Commission. Then lastly, there are those who enlist, but through the Marine Corps are given a commission (affectionately called Mustangs). :wub:

It is conceivable that a college grad could easily enlist into the Marine Corps. But I suspect that such experience would be better served and the recruiter would enroll him into O.C.S. :pirate:

My dad is a Korean War vet.I want to say thank you to all that have served past,present and future.If it wasn’t for you all defending our freedom,where would we be today?Also remembering Pearl Harbor today.

Hey Veronica,

I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate the pin. I received it the other day and it is very cool. ( Loved the card also ).

Thanks again,
Harry