Anyone Remember?

Does anyone remember the old Ride at MK back when it opened…I think it was called I can fly…It was presented by Eastern Airlines. It was right by
GEC I miss that ride it
has been gone for decades now. Aww the memories…

Is this the ride you are talking about?

Widen Your World - If You Had Wings - Main Page

That is the one. I miss that ride so much. I know it has been gone for along
time. But I used to love it as a child.

I never had the opportunity to ride it.

When I saw this thread, the first thing that came to my mind is “WHERE I LEFT MY KEYS”. Is that crazy or just a guy thing???

It changed over to Dream Flight when Delta Airlines became the sponsor.
Here is a video from 1993 that I found on youtube.

YouTube - Delta Dreamflight - Walt Disney World

They keys thing is a guys thing…

Thanks for the You tube.

I remember “Delta Dream Flight” way better than I remember “If You Had Wings” but after seeing that link Daisee posted it’s all coming back to me. I was probably only ages 5-10 when I got to ride it but I really remember the outside sign, and some of the scenes it it.

This post also reminded me of “Mission to Mars” which was REALLY an uneventful, yet memorable, attraction. I think THAT spot is just cursed. :laugh:

Not sure I remember mission to mars.

Ok after researching I now remember. It is amazing that I remember this stuff since I was 4 years old at the time.

Delta Dream Flight is the first one I remember. Then it was Take Flight. I did adore that ride. Not sure why but it was nice. I miss it.

I remeber If You Had Wings very well. I really liked it. It was one of those attractions that loaded repeatedly, like TTA, so it never had a line. Being indoors, it had a/c, and gently celebrated flying, without having the type of technology that Soarin’ offers now. I also liked Mission to Mars. It was simple, but was a little more adult than Astro Orbiter, while still having a strong sci fi theme(which I was into at that time, circa 1983). In many ways, it’s the minor attractions like those that I most associate with Disney, and always bring a smile to my face.

I remember both and I wish they still had that ride. It was one of my favorites.

MJD, for me it’s …“Where I left my wallet”

YES, I remember it and I think we were on vacation at WDW on July 29, 1993.
I’ll see if I have any record as to when we were there.

Not this guy, maybe it’s a Patriots fan thing. Sorry.

Good try, but you pretty much have to figure in the theme park forum, it would be more about a past attraction than, say, “e-ticket night” or “what the best place to park in the TTC lot is”.

Tangentially:
“anyone remember where I left the damm car?”

We now return control of the thread.

Delta Dreamflight is gone? At least I still have 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Alien Encounter and Horizons over at Epcot to look forward to! Oh, and don’t forget Captain EO