Anyone stayed at the Seqouia Lodge?

I went to Disney Land Paris last year in October and stayed at the Kyraid Hotel but unfortunately for only 1 night and 1 day in the park. So Im going again this coming January and am staying 1 WHOLE WEEK there :smiley:
This time round Im staying at the Seqouia Lodge…i really liked the Kyraid Hotel room we had…nothing to complain about, it was clean, tidy, appealing, and comfortable. I was just wondering if anyone had stayed at Seqouia Lodge before as Im really interested to know how you liked it compared to any other ones you have stayed at? Or if anyone can just give me INFO on their stay with them, as I understand that they can be log cabins quite a bit away from the actual hotel (which I wouldnt mind at all) so im really interested to see how it was for any of yous :happy:

First of all welcome to MouseBuzz. :flowers:

As far as the hotel, there is probably only a few people here that can help with that answer. Off hand, I don’t know anyone who has been to disney Paris. You might become the expert here.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1042835]First of all welcome to MouseBuzz. :flowers:

As far as the hotel, there is probably only a few people here that can help with that answer. Off hand, I don’t know anyone who has been to disney Paris. You might become the expert here.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU :smiley:
ahh right really, hmm i guess il just keep looking about the forums, thanks for your help though!

[QUOTE=FirstLostGirl;1042841]THANK YOU :smiley:
ahh right really, hmm i guess il just keep looking about the forums, thanks for your help though![/QUOTE]

I visited DLP back in early 2000 but it was a one day trip. sorry can’t help.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1042835]First of all welcome to MouseBuzz. :flowers:

As far as the hotel, there is probably only a few people here that can help with that answer. Off hand, I don’t know anyone who has been to disney Paris. You might become the expert here.[/QUOTE]

MickeyMcFizzle’s been: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/44223-mcfizzys-stop-stealing-my-technology-france-trip-report-18.html#post828367

It was 2008, but that is her TR!

My husband and I stayed at Hotel New York at Disneyland Paris for 2 weeks. We loved the resort. We frequently visited the Sequoia Lodge for drinks and fresh baked pizza. To the best of our knowledge we do not think there are any cabins - it is a hotel. We would say it is similar to the motif of the Wilderness Lodge in Disney World. You should be very comfortable there. Sequoia Lodge, Hotel New York, Newport Bay Club (similar to Beach Club/Yacht Club resorts at Disney World), and Disneyland Hotel are within walking distance of each other and the parks.
Have a wonderful time! We can’t wait to return!!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1042862]MickeyMcFizzle’s been: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/44223-mcfizzys-stop-stealing-my-technology-france-trip-report-18.html#post828367

It was 2008, but that is her TR![/QUOTE]

Ah great thank you!! Il make sure to have a look at this right away :smiley:

[QUOTE=kellyjp;1042895]My husband and I stayed at Hotel New York at Disneyland Paris for 2 weeks. We loved the resort. We frequently visited the Sequoia Lodge for drinks and fresh baked pizza. To the best of our knowledge we do not think there are any cabins - it is a hotel. We would say it is similar to the motif of the Wilderness Lodge in Disney World. You should be very comfortable there. Sequoia Lodge, Hotel New York, Newport Bay Club (similar to Beach Club/Yacht Club resorts at Disney World), and Disneyland Hotel are within walking distance of each other and the parks.
Have a wonderful time! We can’t wait to return!![/QUOTE]

Really ah how lovely! Yeah there is a main hotel but ive read that there are cabins of some sort located further away from the hotel near a lake of some sort, unless i read something for somewhere different im not sure now haha! Oh great that sounds fab, good things theyre good walking distance aswel that will be an extra help :slight_smile: thanks so much for your help :slight_smile: [and to everyone else who has commented!!] Thanks im sure we’ll have a blast, im going again with my boyfriend, i loved it last time and i only went for a day hahah, have a blast when you go back!! :biggrin:

I can’t help you - although one day I hope to visit DLP - but welcome to MB!

Thank you, everyone on here is so kind! What disney land parks have you been to? I thought I was pretty lucky going last year then again next january, but compared to some on here thats hardly anything considering ive saw people who go year in year out haha! lucky devils! x

hi welcome to mousebuzz. Wow another buzzer from the UK.

Yes I stayed at the lodge in December 2008 god it was cold in the parks, but the hotel was very nice with big open fire you can get hot chocolate from the bar (as well as beer). the rooms were small compared to the ones in Orlando,

There is character’s in the hotel every day for photo opportunities, i don’t recall a kettle being in the room we took our own. the shop in the hotel is expensive for snacks and milk, you can buy things like this from the shop in the railway station you walk past this on your way back from the park. both parks are around a 5-10 min nice walk from the hotel through the Disney village. or you can take the bus that takes around 20 min.
some of the hotel staff were not interested in you or Disney. you get a card (Key) for your room , one for the park and one for food if you have this option. no key to the world like Orlando.

there is also no Disney dinning plan at DLP but we did get a deal that gave us discount of meals. the hotel is good for evening meal, the new port bay hotel was very nice, we also had a character meal at the Disneyland hotel, the meal was nice very expensive and the characters hardly interacted with any of the guests.

there is a shuttle bus from the air port to the hotel, it is a Disney bus but you have to pay for it ( no magical express like Orlando)

I have stayed at Hotel Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne and Davy Crockett Ranch. Davy Crockett was the best but there is now no Disney transport to the park. Seqouia lodge is a very nice hotel.
you could also look on tripadvisor for more info, or just buzz me if i can help anymore :heart:

So glad you got some info. I really didn’t know where to point you. :blink: Well, maybe …go that way and make a left…did that help? :whistling

Don’t look at me!
I’ve never been to Paris.

We’re mostly Walt Disney World in Florida followed by a bit of Disneyland threads.
We do have a small international section but it doesn’t get much play:

International Disney - MouseBuzz.com

I’d love to help, but I don’t even know what I don’t know.

[QUOTE=jimbo;1043013]hi welcome to mousebuzz. Wow another buzzer from the UK.

Yes I stayed at the lodge in December 2008 god it was cold in the parks, but the hotel was very nice with big open fire you can get hot chocolate from the bar (as well as beer). the rooms were small compared to the ones in Orlando,

There is character’s in the hotel every day for photo opportunities, i don’t recall a kettle being in the room we took our own. the shop in the hotel is expensive for snacks and milk, you can buy things like this from the shop in the railway station you walk past this on your way back from the park. both parks are around a 5-10 min nice walk from the hotel through the Disney village. or you can take the bus that takes around 20 min.
some of the hotel staff were not interested in you or Disney. you get a card (Key) for your room , one for the park and one for food if you have this option. no key to the world like Orlando.

there is also no Disney dinning plan at DLP but we did get a deal that gave us discount of meals. the hotel is good for evening meal, the new port bay hotel was very nice, we also had a character meal at the Disneyland hotel, the meal was nice very expensive and the characters hardly interacted with any of the guests.

there is a shuttle bus from the air port to the hotel, it is a Disney bus but you have to pay for it ( no magical express like Orlando)

I have stayed at Hotel Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne and Davy Crockett Ranch. Davy Crockett was the best but there is now no Disney transport to the park. Seqouia lodge is a very nice hotel.
you could also look on tripadvisor for more info, or just buzz me if i can help anymore :heart:[/QUOTE]

WOW thank you very much for this!!! Its gave me a better insight on it, thank you fellow UK-er :smiley: I know im not looking forward to it being cold mind, as im guessing it will be still in January, but the hot choc infront of the fire sounds lush. Actually very happy with what youve just told me, least i know what to expect with the room, travel and expenses etc :slight_smile: Yeah i found that in my last hotel I stayed at the staff werent too interested aswel, we had bother with our key and door when we first got there last time and they kept shrugging it off even though we couldnt get into our room! But again i’ll know what to expect now thanks.
Thats quite disappointing with the sit down meal with the characters how they didnt interact as much as you wanted, im yet to plan anything like that but were paying for the holiday soon so i think we’ll just try get any meal deals when we go to pay for it as its really expensive over there.
Thanks so much for your great help!! i’ll be sure to give you a bell if im lost again heh :slight_smile: x

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1043039]Don’t look at me!
I’ve never been to Paris.

We’re mostly Walt Disney World in Florida followed by a bit of Disneyland threads.
We do have a small international section but it doesn’t get much play:

International Disney - MouseBuzz.com

I’d love to help, but I don’t even know what I don’t know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for yours and JO-JOs help :slight_smile: I realized that this is more of a WDW kinda site which I havent been to, but I still like to have a browse about on here theres some really interesting posts, and if anything with Paris does come up I’ll be sure to comment on it haha. :happy:

Yes, some of us are very spoiled!:happy: Personally, I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve been to WDW…30? 40? times…only been to Disneyland in California twice. We started going in 1993, when our kids were small, found that we loved it and were all so happy there, bought DVC in 2000, and now it’s our second home. Being from Canada, it’s nice to have a winter getaway. We used to try to get there twice a year, but now that our kids are grown, we’ve changed that to once a year, so that we can do more travelling. I’d love to see DLP, but I don’t think my husband would allow it, if we were in France. Not “cultural” enough for him.:glare:

Anyway - hope you enjoy it here!

[QUOTE=llama;1043087]Yes, some of us are very spoiled!:happy: Personally, I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve been to WDW…30? 40? times…only been to Disneyland in California twice. We started going in 1993, when our kids were small, found that we loved it and were all so happy there, bought DVC in 2000, and now it’s our second home. Being from Canada, it’s nice to have a winter getaway. We used to try to get there twice a year, but now that our kids are grown, we’ve changed that to once a year, so that we can do more travelling. I’d love to see DLP, but I don’t think my husband would allow it, if we were in France. Not “cultural” enough for him.:glare:

Anyway - hope you enjoy it here![/QUOTE]

WOW really!! Ive never been to WDW but would love to go one day, cant believe youve been that many times haha i bet you know it inside out! I found myself really missing DLP and wanting to go back asap, weve obviously waited this year then going early next year, but to me i dont really want to go year after year cause im scared incase the excitement dies out if I go that often enough. I want it to be so its somewhere amazingly special and a rare occasion so im always super looking forward to it :slight_smile: But tbh its DISNEY i dont think the excitement and love could ever die out hehe.
Ah yes i bet the travelling is just as exciting too, i hope this time we get to go around Paris aswell as DL. hahah thank you, thanks for being so welcoming too :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=FirstLostGirl;1043178]WOW really!! Ive never been to WDW but would love to go one day, cant believe youve been that many times haha i bet you know it inside out! I found myself really missing DLP and wanting to go back asap, weve obviously waited this year then going early next year, but to me i dont really want to go year after year cause im scared incase the excitement dies out if I go that often enough. I want it to be so its somewhere amazingly special and a rare occasion so im always super looking forward to it :slight_smile: But tbh its DISNEY i dont think the excitement and love could ever die out hehe.
Ah yes i bet the travelling is just as exciting too, i hope this time we get to go around Paris aswell as DL. hahah thank you, thanks for being so welcoming too :)[/QUOTE]

You and Scott need to get a saving tin from the pound shop and start saving £2:00 coins in no time you will be on your way to WDW, we found it was not a massive amount more than DLRP but much better. also if you are lucky enough to be able to go in late august -September early October there are usually a lot of deals on for free dinning, 14 day ticket for price of 7. we are booked to go back in September 2011. its just a shame your not going to see TOON TOWN:laugh: :heart: as its coming down to make way for the new land.

We stayed there in 2008. It was pretty nice and perfectly located, a quick walk to the parks and the Disney village.

Loved DLP!

I might just do that you know! Thanks for the tip, im sure i seen them money tins that you cant open until you are ready, then open it with a tin opener ahah it would be an easy quicker way to save for it!! One day im definitely gunna go though i HAVE to :smiley: Oh really cool, il keep my eye out for any deals for around then. Wow have a good time! ahh no, when does it come down?