Anyone tried the Behind the Seeds Tour?

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Behind the Seeds tour? I am thinking of taking my daughter on this. She will be seven at the time. She LOVES the land ride and is loves all of the plants. I though she might like seeing behind everything, but I didn’t know if the guides are kid friendly or not and if it would hold her attention. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I went on it last year. I thought it was great! The Land has always fascinated me too so it was really exciting being on the “behind the scenes” side. There weren’t any kids on our tour but it seems like the kind of thing that is very family friendly. We got to try some hydroponic cucumbers and feed the fish!

We went 2 years ago when youngest DD was 9. She loved it. She thought it was great to see up close, touch and taste things. There were many kids when we went in June. They gave us a container of lady bugs to set free on the flowers, that was really exciting for her to help Disney do research and grow more food. We are waiting for her to get older so we can do more backstage tours.

We did it without our kids, but there were kids on the tour and they allowed them to do some hands on stuff. The tour is totally kid friendly and I am sure your daughter would love it!!

Did it once, I was bored to tears, but the kids and DW had a good time.

Yes, we’ve done it and loved it. It wasn’t too long and it was really interesting (if you’re interested in gardening, etc.). It was fun releasing our ladybugs in the “wild”. It’s reasonably priced, too. We had kids on our tour and they really enjoyed themselves. We got a little bonus. The CM who was taking us around was a really nice girl, but she had terrible laryngitis, so the guy who heads the whole research dept. at the Land took over for her. He was so incredibly knowledgeable and interesting (and he let us have tomatoes from the tomato tree when he wasn’t suppose to.:wink:)

It sounds very interesting. I am going to keep it on the maybe list.

It does sound fun! I think we will try it in May!!

My daughter and I did this tour on October. She was only 2, but LOVED it! I garden and she is my self appointed “little helper”. She loved the fish and the ladybugs, even smelling the different spices and herbs.

There were only about 6 people in our group, and the guide paid alot of attention to the individual participants. I don’t remember her name, but she was a young Hispanic college student, I believe from Guadalahara Mexico.

There are small plants for sale which have been cloned in the labs that you are able to look into. That is very cool since you can bring a little piece of your tour home with you!

Like another poster said, the tour is very inexpensive. I believe it was around $13 a person (baby girl didn’t have to pay), and you get a discount if you have a Disney Visa Card.

I agree that it helps if you are interested in gardening or botany. A couple in our group were hydroponic farmers from Hawaii. I love my garden.

I don’t know if it is a tour I would do again, but only becuase it loses the “Ooooh” factor after your first walk through.

Hope this helps- Enjoy!

[QUOTE=girls-trips;1017210]My daughter and I did this tour on October. She was only 2, but LOVED it! I garden and she is my self appointed “little helper”. She loved the fish and the ladybugs, even smelling the different spices and herbs.

There were only about 6 people in our group, and the guide paid alot of attention to the individual participants. I don’t remember her name, but she was a young Hispanic college student, I believe from Guadalahara Mexico.

There are small plants for sale which have been cloned in the labs that you are able to look into. That is very cool since you can bring a little piece of your tour home with you!

Like another poster said, the tour is very inexpensive. I believe it was around $13 a person (baby girl didn’t have to pay), and you get a discount if you have a Disney Visa Card.

I agree that it helps if you are interested in gardening or botany. A couple in our group were hydroponic farmers from Hawaii. I love my garden.

I don’t know if it is a tour I would do again, but only becuase it loses the “Ooooh” factor after your first walk through.

Hope this helps- Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Excellent review - and welcome to Mousebuzz!:happy:

I think the kids would enjoy it. I think I will try to fit this in and the price is great too.

Sounds like fun.
How much time needs to be allotted for it?
Is it only a few times a day???

Thanks.
Frank

Sounds like fun.
How much time needs to be allotted for it?
Is it only a few times a day???

Thanks.
Frank

If I remember correctly, it is a 45 minute tour and you might have to be there about 15 minutes before it starts.

The tour is definitely worth it. It takes about an hour and the price makes it worth it. A lot of stuff to learn and we got to try some organic cucumbers while on the tour

We definitely have this on our to do list for our next visit. We always enjoy this ride, and we are avid gardeners, so I know we will enjoy the tour.