Anyone use an Apple Airport Express in their room?

I am scheduled to be down in WDW this November and was wondering if anyone has ever used an Apple Airport Express in their room to create a wireless network? We usually stay in SSR in a 2 bedroom villa and the Internet is always in my parents room, I use Macs and wanted to have the option of going to my room to be online.

They should have an ethernet port/cable in the room that you can connect to the Air Port Express… but there is a daily fee involved to access the internet. $10 I think? It’s been a while since I needed internet access while at WDW so it may have gone up.

And I believe that only the Deluxe Resorts (YC, BC, GF, CR, etc…) offer wi fi…

So you should be good to go.

I use the Air Port Express when I’m on the road for biz often and as long as the hotel offers an ethernet cable, you’re good to go… So I think you’re set if you can stomach the daily internet fee…

[QUOTE=papa bear;1082289]They should have an ethernet port/cable in the room that you can connect to the Air Port Express… but there is a daily fee involved to access the internet. $10 I think? It’s been a while since I needed internet access while at WDW so it may have gone up.

And I believe that only the Deluxe Resorts (YC, BC, GF, CR, etc…) offer wi fi…

So you should be good to go.

I use the Air Port Express when I’m on the road for biz often and as long as the hotel offers an ethernet cable, you’re good to go… So I think you’re set if you can stomach the daily internet fee…[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We are DVC members, so we are lucky since the Internet is free as part of the DVC package, but yea normally it is like $10 for 24 hours of continuous service.

I wasn’t sure if WDW had some way of restricting the use of wireless signal in the room.

Any other experiences from anyone else?

Don’t use an airport but do carry a net gear router. You still need to go through the Disney page but not really a big deal. Ere is no wifi in DVC rooms so this by passes that problem. You just need to make sure that your router needs pass word to access.

so DVC gets free internet? HOw will that work for us - we traded our RCI for DVC this trip, and all the numbers we call are DVC numbers, so are we considered DVC?

i am taking classes and have to log in a few times a week and hate to pay the $!