Anyone wanna help figure out this MGM itin?

We’re going to MGM on May 25th (a Wednesday) … below is our itin (very light, since we’re not real interested in Backlot Tour or the Stunt Shows, or even Star Tours really), so I’m trying to figure the best time to do each of this so I can figure out the best time to make our PS for Mom’s. Any of you creative/analytical types wanna help out?

Here’s the schematics…

[I]***NOTE: We’re staying off-site so no Disney extras for us. We’re on a budget so we can’t really afford the big bonus meals. No park hoppers either as we only have a Fl res 3 day pass, so one park per day. We have me, my BF, DD-15, DD-5, my best friend and her DD-12, my brother and his GF. This itin is mostly for me and my DD-5, and whoever else wants to come, everyone else can do their own thing.[/I]

9:00AM: Arrrive at MGM for rope drop. Go to Guest relations to get Birthday pin for my younger brother so he can be noticed all day :ninja: The rest of my party (my 15 yo daughter, my best friend and her 11 year old daughter, my brother and his gf) can all do their own thing, this itin would be primarily for me and the youngest, of course using the child switch for RnRc and ToT.

Everyone has told me the best thing to do right off is FP the RnRC and ride the ToT (or vice versa), as I’ve heard that the first rider of the day of ToT gets to ride it alone, get their photo for free, and get a Magical Moments Certificate. So even if I am held back by Guest relations, I’m sure my brother and 15 y/o DD would want to do that.

After that, all I have planned is to character hunt like CRAZY (VILLAINS!!$@!$@!), and do shows for my youngest, more or less. Here are the shows and the times, so I’m trying to figure the best ways to do these shows, and figure the best time to do Mom’s (we have a party of 13 meeting us @ Mom’s for my younger brother’s birthday)

EDIT: I think we got it

9:00AM:
Arrrive at MGM for rope drop.
Go to Guest relations to get Birthday pin for my younger brother

ToT (Fastpass RnRc)

Voyage of the Little Mermaid since it’s right by Playhouse Disney.

11:00 AM: Playhouse Disney

12:00 PM: Beauty and the Beast

Hit the Muppets since it’s right by there

1:50 PM: Who Wants to be a Millionaire (Possible FP?)

3:00 PM: Mom’s for Matt’s birthday lunch/dinner : was going to do at 6, but we figured an off-time would be better to get more interaction)

5:30 PM: Stars and Motor Cars Parade (still trying to find the best place to watch )

6:00 PM: Great Movie Ride (Lisa can go do ToT/RnRC again, maybe I’ll do it with her)

7:00 PM: Sci-Fi for shakes

8:00 I want to get seats for Fantasmic, maybe Rob will take Shae over the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset for a few minutes

and then visit the shops on the way out after Fantasmic at 9.

Why not do the fantasmic dinner package at momma’s then you won’t have to spend too much time waiting for fantasmic seats! we did momma’s about 5.30pm then had a little while to look around before the side gate to fantasmic opened!
I have heard of people waiting in line for over an hour for Fantasmic, to me thats too long with kids to wait. As we are going to eat anywhere there dinner package works out great!

I should have edited, but there is no way we can do Mom’s then the Fantasmic package. We simply don’t have the money… since we’re on a tight budget. :sad:

and I figure while I grab seats for Fantasmic, one of the adults can take the younger ones on another ride or something.
goes back to edit to put disclaimer in there

Hmmm, tough one.
If you are going to run over and do the ToT, R&RC thing …then I’d do it this way:
Playhouse Disney 11 am
Beauty & the Beast 12 noon
Shakes at the Sc-Fi
In between, and before your evening plans : chatacter hunt.

Dementia I strongly suggest skipping a PS so you can do a Fantasmic package. The wait to see Fantasmic can be monstrous even in the off season, and it takes a huge bite out of park time. Hollywood & Vine is a reasonably priced all-you-can-eat buffet that’ll give you your Fantasmic passes.

I totally agree with Empressjenny, you should get a PS for Fantasmic Dinner Package. H&V is the cheapest and is good food wise. You will be wasting your time waiting for seats. Atleast with the package, you are guaranteed seats and you don’t have to wait for them.

NO WAY!!! I have never ever heard this!!! OH MY GOSH…I am running…not walking to TOT on my next visit!!!
Grab seats at Fantasmic an hour before the show and have someone in your group grab dinner from the concessions stands at the top of the theatre. It kills two birds with one stone–you get to eat while you wait–so you wont waste time doing both…Who Wants to be a Millionaire Play it is great…even kids seem to love it…

Jenny this simply isn’t doable for us.

A. We can’t afford the Fantasmic package.
B. We’re celebrating my younger brother’s birthday (he’s turning 28) and HE is the one who asked for Mom’s. (Besides I simply CANNOT go to MGM and NOT have Mom’s!) … so accomodating him, it’s simply not possible to do both.

And I figure if I go to Fantasmic at 8, that gives me a good hour to get a decent seat. A few of us can go overand do that while an adult takes the kids to do another ride or something in the meantime to keep them busy.

Thanks!! My BF has his heart SET on doing Millionaire this year, this is his big thing. I may or may not watch, depending on the schedule. VERY funny, because he SWEARS my younger brother sounds just like Regis. I’m sure my younger brother will join in as well.

For Fantasmic, I’m also bringing light up toys so my youngest doesn’t start asking me for them. I MAY even bring her Leapster for her to play while we’re waiting, if they don’t go and take her on another ride while we wait.

But from what I have read on other boards, Splash Mountain, ToT and RnRC do this. The first rider of the day gets a free picture, gets to ride by themselves and a Magical Moments certificare. I think I read it at disneyworldtrivia.com … I think it’s up to the CM’s, and I think they just do it on the rides where you get your photo taken. But check it out over there.

And I may have someone hunt me down a Mickey bar that I keep hearing about while holding the seats for Fantasmic. :blow:

Okay Buzz… I think you’re right… since the two big rides will be right off the bat, Playhouse Disney next might be best to entertain my youngest. So Playhouse at 11 am, which is 20 minutes, then maybe a couple of characters before getting seats 20 minutes before Beauty and the Beast. Millionaire is something the boys can figure out, since that’s more them. I can go with or w/o (although I’m sure the BF would want me to see him play)

Now when would you suggest the best time to get the PS (according to the plan) for Mom’s would be?

The only thing you need to be careful of dementia, is that if the amphitheater fills up to capacity, they won’t let anyone else in. Even saying someone is saving your seat isn’t good enough. They caution those people who want to go out and take in another ride while they wait about this policy.

I think they close it about a 1/2 hour before the show if I’m not mistaken, so if i grab it 60 minutes before , as long as they get there the ropes close, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Unless someone has experience with this and I’m mistaken…

I’ve never seen Fantasmic w/out the package, so I don’t know the answer to that question, although I can offer another tip.

If you sit nearer to the top of the bleachers, you will still have a great view, but you will be able to get out MUCH quicker at the end of the show. Pete and I ALWAYS sit in one of the 10 topmost benches to see this.

I’d do Momma’s about 5 or 6 based on what you’ve got…it takes about an hour and a half to eat (maybe longer with a large group)…so the early the better i would think…or are you doing it for lunch?>

Okay top benches…

So after the parade at 5:30 (so around 6) is when we should eat @ Mom’s, by the time we get out, we may have time for one more thing (the characters go in at 5:30 from what I understand anyway), and then hit Fantasmic. Sounds like a plan to me!

Okay I’ve edited our schedule… I think this one is final…

9:00AM:
Arrrive at MGM for rope drop.
Go to Guest relations to get Birthday pin for my younger brother

ToT (Fastpass RnRc)

Voyage of the Little Mermaid since it’s right by Playhouse Disney.

11:00 AM: Playhouse Disney

12:00 PM: Beauty and the Beast

Hit the Muppets since it’s right by there

1:50 PM: Who Wants to be a Millionaire (Possible FP?)

3:00 PM: Mom’s for Matt’s birthday lunch/dinner : was going to do at 6, but we figured an off-time would be better to get more interaction)

5:30 PM: Stars and Motor Cars Parade (still trying to find the best place to watch )

6:00 PM: Great Movie Ride (Lisa can go do ToT/RnRC again, maybe I’ll do it with her)

7:00 PM: Sci-Fi for shakes

8:00 I want to get seats for Fantasmic, maybe Rob will take Shae over the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset for a few minutes

and then visit the shops on the way out after Fantasmic at 9.

looks good dementia!!
I like the organization–but remember to have fun!!!

Believe you me… everyone thinks I’m all commando, but I just know what I like and don’t like and that’s what I plan for :happy:

But good. That’s the plan goes to make PS’s and prints this out

Knowing how fond you are of the Villians - here’s a little tip.

When you visit the “Villians” store, check it out for the books where the Villians get to tell THEIR side of the story. On the face of the book you have the original “Snow White” story, flip it over and the Wicked Queen tells HER side. (for instance, did you know Snow White had a real attitude problem, always wanted to hang out with dangerous animals and never changed her clothes?) Even if you don’t buy one, they’re hysterical to read. There’s Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty… and probably some other’s I can’t remember.

Parade is at 5:30 … Characters are at the Hat during the day, pretty much on the hour starting at 10 am and around 6 for the last time.
You’ll find more characters in the front of the park at 2:30, 3:30 and sometimes 4:30.

Find a Character Attendant and ask them the best time to return. The schedule and who appears changes often.