AP 10% discount cards-need one?

Hi, all.
We just received 4 discount cards good for 10% off the purchase of a new annual or premium annual pass to give to our friends. Since we don’t know anybody interested, I thought I’d post this here & see if anybody out thee was in the market & wanted to save a few $$'s. The catch is you have to purchase the pass between 5/1/9-7/31/9 at a WDW theme park main entrance ticket window!!! If anyone is interested, please PM me with your address & I’ll send them out in the main ASAP! You can buy up to 6 passes per discount card. I have 4 right now, but have access to 4 more if needed. Also, please only reply if you will really be using them. & the good news for me is that I receive a $25 disney gift card for the number of discount cards redeemed, so it’s a win win!! Thanks!!

I wish I could use them, at the price of AP’s that quite a discount. I’m curious how did you get these cards? I’ve never heard of anything like that. Is this something new?

I was thinking of buying an AP but I can’t till we go in Sept. Man…that stinks! Thanks for posting. I’m sure someone will take ya up on the offer.

This comes at a perfect time for us! DW and I were considering buying 2 annual passes next month. This makes it definite. I would need 1 card please. I’ll PM you my mailing address. Thanks!

I found some more info on this

[DVCNews.com: The essential Disney Vacation Club resource! - 10% Annual Pass Bonus Discount](http://dvcnews.com/content/view/908/1/)

Still have a few questions though. Does this mean you are buying active AP’s? Could some who lives in the area buy them for you or is it an ID thing?

Once again it seems my timing for a trip is off. :frown:

Oh Man! I am in the market to buy 4 AP’s, but we will not be at Disney until October. Therefore, I cannot purchase them between now and July, or I will have to go again by Next July, right? I am not sure when we will be going next year! this stinks, 10% is great, especially off the already discounted DVC rate!

I would like one of the discount cards. DD needs a pass and will be there with a friend July 1-9. I will PM you with our address.

Yes, I was surprised the discount was good on with the DVC discount too. Disney usually doesn’t give discounts with discounts.

Since the AP holders only get 4 cards apiece, maybe other members here should post if they have these cards available. I’m sure there are several.

I’m hoping maybe this won’t be a one time thing. So all you AP holders on MB, let us know if something comes up in the future. My understanding is every AP holder got these coupons to give out.

This is kind of underhanded of me, but we spend so much money at Disney I feel a discount is warented! I was thinking of purchasing one AP per month before we go, If I do this, do you think that they will be running this offer again before I go? How often does the Mickey Monitor come out? Maybe I can use the discount on the next 3 I have to purchase!

Sorry to sound so cheap!

I agree with Jo-Jo, if others have theirs they should post them! Awesome Idea!

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;958615]This is kind of underhanded of me, but we spend so much money at Disney I feel a discount is warented! I was thinking of purchasing one AP per month before we go, If I do this, do you think that they will be running this offer again before I go? How often does the Mickey Monitor come out? Maybe I can use the discount on the next 3 I have to purchase!

Sorry to sound so cheap!

I agree with Jo-Jo, if others have theirs they should post them! Awesome Idea![/QUOTE]

I still don’t quite understand the buying in person part. Does one have to have all family members there or could someone buy all the tickets for the group. Let’s see if South West had a really good fare, could I fly down, buy tickets, fly back…hmmmmm…have to get the calculator out for this one.:laugh:

You would use the discounted money just on airfare :laugh: Disney probally wants people to buy in person so they can get a room and rack up more money

Since this is somehow related to the DVC, could it be they want to do a sales pitch to you first before you can buy it?

I think it first has to do with AP holders. It just to get a dvc discount AND this 10% discount is surprising. Usually with disney you can’t get two discounts on anything. For example you can’t use an AP meal discount and a DVC meal discount on the same meal…

I got the cards too, and it’s the first time I’ve seen this promotion.

Man I wish they would be good for the last of Oct. I would of been interested in one…Since I am praying to go in Oct. and again at Spring break in the spring time using my offsite timeshare we have…

Since they have to be used in person at WDW and by July 31st, it is bad timing for some people…

Yes, I think this was sent to the AP holders, not to all DVC members.
We have both right now also, but don’t think we’ll be making enough trips/nights in the next year to make it financially sound. It is a great discount though to those who can use it.

I got 4 of these things in my Mickey Monitor today.
If anyone needs or wants one, PM me. By now, I’m sure everyone knows when they need to be redeemed by.
Not sure if this has been mentioned though, but these are AP referrals and the AP holder whose name is associated with the card you redeem gets a $25 WDW gift card for each AP you buy.

PS, I was considering letting our APs lapse in October and then renew them at a later date, to which DW gave a sour face. I did some quick math and realized that we’ve saved $400 on rooms with AP discounts this past year, or $200 per pass. If you apply that $200 per pass, our APs only cost us about $250 each, so we have certainly gotten our money out of them.

Ok, so soundgod, you mentioned you were considering letting your AP’s expire and renew at another time. We bought AP’s in 2006 and used again in 2007, but decided not to renew due to unsurinty iof when our next trip would be. I thought you only had 30 days to renew them. Isn’t that right?