AP Preview dates set for New Fantasyland

The email invites are out! Here is the scoop:

[I][B]Come see what wonders await!

In New Fantasyland—the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom® history—you can experience Disney storytelling like never before as you enjoy new attractions and interact with characters in ways you never dreamed possible. And as a member of our Walt Disney World Passholder family, you are cordially invited to be among the first to experience it!

So, beginning at noon EST on October 8, you’ll be able to sign up to attend a preview on November 3, 10 or 11, 2012! Please see important details below.

If you haven’t already registered on the Annual Passholder website, please click here and have your Pass handy to do so.

IMPORTANT DETAILS
Must be a valid Walt Disney World Passholder at time of event. This invitation is not a ticket and does not provide entry into event. You may register up to eight (8) Walt Disney World Passholders (valid Passholder ID required per Guest). One event per Passholder.[/B][/I]

Thanks for posting this.
Maybe Mousebuzz shouldn’t be my first stop, but e-mail should.
I’ve been waiting for the window to open and the dates to be revealed. Time to check the calendar. On the other hand, we’ll be back in WDW last weekend of November or first in December for Christmas stuff, so I’ve got to factor all of that in too because this might just be a day trip if we do it.

Post edited to remove comment that doesn’t matter anymore:pinch:

I have signed up on the A/P site numerous times to receive e-mails, but never receive them. Kind of gave up. Now I see I’m missing out on some important information.

I didn’t get this e-mail either.
It seems to be hit and miss whether I get things or not.

What is the website for signup? I purchased annual passes for our upcoming trip, but this is the first time we will have annual passes so I am not sure how this all works. Our trip falls on over these dates. I would love to get a preview! Any help is appreciated.

You need to go to the Disneyworld website and up at the top , there is a horizontal row of links. One is “passholders”.
Click that and log in. You will need to have your AP if you have it. If not, I think you’ll need to use the voucher number ,assuming you have the voucher.
The sign up isn’t until next Monday at noon eastern.
Are you still going to be in WDW on Sat Nov 3?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/landing

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122908]You need to go to the Disneyworld website and up at the top , there is a horizontal row of links. One is “passholders”.
Click that and log in. You will need to have your AP if you have it. If not, I think you’ll need to use the voucher number ,assuming you have the voucher.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/landing[/QUOTE]

The voucher number will not work. One of the little problems with buying an AP from home. You also cannot use the voucher number for things like buying your TIW card before your arrival date.

And yes, this thread should be in the Parks forum.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1122911]The voucher number will not work. One of the little problems with buying an AP from home. You also cannot use the voucher number for things like buying your TIW card before your arrival date.

And yes, this thread should be in the Parks forum.[/QUOTE]

I would suspect that vouchers will cause problems, but it also seems that they have exceptions for some things and not others. I guess the thing to do would be to call and speak with a human on the passholder help line.

TIW is less of an issue for me because they issue those to Florida residents as well.

I am going to have to make some calls. We will be there from 10/2-10/10 and this would be awesome to get in on.

Well, I just spent an hour and half on the phone and 4 representatives later, I have some answers. The final CM is sending our passes out by FedEx, which will hopefully get them here by Monday, so we can register for the preview.

She also upgraded our annual passes to Premium passes so now we have the water park and Disney Quest options. With the shipping and upgrade, I paid a whole $0.10 more! Now, if I am lucky enough to get a preview spot, all will be perfect.

Well, I just spent an hour and half on the phone and 4 representatives later, I have some answers. The final CM is sending our passes out by FedEx, which will hopefully get them here by Monday, so we can register for the preview.

She also upgraded our annual passes to Premium passes so now we have the water park and Disney Quest options. With the shipping and upgrade, I paid a whole $0.10 more! Now, if I am lucky enough to get a preview spot, all will be perfect.

Nicole, that is awesome!!!

[QUOTE=simplytall;1122924]
She also upgraded our annual passes to Premium passes so now we have the water park and Disney Quest options. With the shipping and upgrade, I paid a whole $0.10 more! Now, if I am lucky enough to get a preview spot, all will be perfect.[/QUOTE]

That’s really nice. The step up from regular to premium for 4 passes would have been quite a bit more.
You got lucky.

Any word on when the DVC previews might be? They had mentioned they would have previews for AP Holders and DVC members but I haven’t found any info on the DVC member previews yet?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122934]That’s really nice. The step up from regular to premium for 4 passes would have been quite a bit more.
You got lucky.[/QUOTE]

Getting the premium passes is a temporary perk for DVC. For the next three months DVC can buy premium pass for 399. Must buy it by 12/31/12 and activate it by 12/31/13

I never go to the water parks, but at that price it’s cheaper than the reg. DVC AP.

jo-jo, I’m pretty sure (because I haven’t looked because we’ve stopped going premium for a while) that price is even lower than the price for a Florida resident to renew.