AP question

Thanks to those who gave me the 407.WDW.PASS number. It actually gets you to CRO and a ticket section. I renewed this morning. Question I forgot to ask the CM I spoke with.

I understand I get a “voucher” that I take to Disney on my next trip to get my new AP. BUT what is the first active day of the new pass. Since my current one runs out in August, and I won’t be back until Food & Wine in Oct., does my new AP run Aug to Aug, or Oct to Oct???

I’m usually there when it runs out but I can’t be this year, so I’ve never run into this “problem.”

Thanks.

Frank

You activate your pass when you get there. I think your renewal date will be a year after it’s activated. Not 100% on this as it’s been a few years since I have had an AP.

Hi Frank…

Did you renew your current pass or buy a new AP altogether?

If it’s a renewal then it begins on the day the old one expires. If it’s new, its’s the first day of use.

Hope that helps!

>>Did you renew your current pass or buy a new AP altogether?
If it’s a renewal then it begins on the day the old one expires. If it’s new, its’s the first day of use.<<

Renewal. Thanks.

Frank

Thanks Lauren. I never renewed mine…only bought one and used it for two trips. Wasn’t sure on the answer…thanks!

I almost always buy new ones because it works better for me. Seeing how I usually have a 2-4 month break in between visits.

>>I almost always buy new ones because it works better for me. Seeing how I usually have a 2-4 month break in between visits.<<

Do you mean you don’t renew them?? You get a nice discount for renewal vs buying new.

Frank

I always buy new as well, thinking I don’t want to lose that 3-6 months that the pass is activated and I’m not traveling. But I guess I spend those 3-6 months not traveling anyway–it’s just at a different time of the year. I’ll have to crunch the numbers… I’m completely illogical about this kind of stuff.

I purchase seasonal passes. The savings isn’t even worth a single day. Basically, I get an extra four days by buying a new every year and activating it on my first trip, then renewing each year and missing a trip on that pass.

Here’s how it works for me:

I purchase four new ones at the beginning of October for a trip. I get to also use them for my Dec. or Jan. trip, my Apr. or May trip and my end of Sept. trip the following year. If I were to renew, it would save me roughly 130 dollars for the four of us. But, I wouldn’t be using them until my Dec. or Jan. trip and would have to renew again before I got the fourth trip on the passes.

They also give you a small discount if you renew online, like $10 or something.

Once you have your passes, go to the passholder site and log in your info. You will get passholder only emails, there is a calendar and a place to buy party tickets with a discount.

Here is the site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/passholdersGate?s=o&appRedirect=%2Fwdw%2Fpassholder%2Flanding