Apparently we got spoiled

Last year we got airfare for $59 pp each way, this year the lowest I can find for September is $92 pp! The most we’ve ever paid for our Disney trips is $74 pp…maybe we’ve just gotten really spoiled! I hate to book the trip while holding out for lower airfare~what if it goes up instead of down?!:eek:
Any suggestions for getting the best airfare deal from Washington,DC/No. Virginia are to Orlando??:confused:

That’s actually a really good deal. Is that on Allegiant Air? If so, the reason for the price increase is because they are now flying into Orlando International instead of Orlando-Sanford.

i found 92 down and 88 back from Baltimore. on airtran. . that is 400 round trip .

I would grab that rate. I’ve been looking for the last year at air fares, and have never seen them lower than previous flights taken. I think it’s a part of the times that everything is going up and up and up.

Consider your self lucky the best we could do out of Cleveland is $234.40 per person for September.

[QUOTE=3DisneyDivas;1031304]Last year we got airfare for $59 pp each way, this year the lowest I can find for September is $92 pp! The most we’ve ever paid for our Disney trips is $74 pp…maybe we’ve just gotten really spoiled! I hate to book the trip while holding out for lower airfare~what if it goes up instead of down?!:eek:
Any suggestions for getting the best airfare deal from Washington,DC/No. Virginia are to Orlando??:confused:[/QUOTE]

I understand… in Oct. we paid $59 and now it’s $92 and $109.

thats why we are driving

yeah, I feel the same way…two yrs ago when oil was 135 a barrel, SW had 79 fares out of phila. We booked our flight down at 97, it when down 7 dollars, now the flight is at 131. We haven’t booked the flight home yet, was hoping for a ding but there aren’t many nonstop flights. So we may just buy the tickets and try not to cry if the price goes down. (I know you can get credit, but we won’t be returning in less than an year.)

We paid more this year than any other year. I was going to wait and see if a better price came out but decided to just by the tickets and end the stress. I’m glad I didn’t wait, both our flights have gone up, it would cost maybe $150 more if we had waited until today to buy our tickets. I used to hope for $69 flights on SWA, then our limit went up to $99 per flight, now we can’t find that.

When I first went to WDW in 1986 the fares were non refundable, Sat night stay, and the moon and stars had to allign perfectly for a $225 RT fare.

Now it’s still about the same price on SWA. Sure it’s not the $49 dings we used to get when they first came into the market, but when you consider that almost everything cost TWICE as much as it did back then…

Yeah, we’re spoiled.

SWA runs out of IAD and BWI. Airtran runs out of Richmond with decent fares too, and only a short drive south. Might be worth it in parking savings alone!

I fly out of the NYC area and never paid under 100 for one way. Why don’t you book on i think it’s expedia they have they price guarantee here if someone books lower you get money back. I don’t know if that counts for airfare as well but i know it was the hotel rooms (well I hope it’s expedia!)

Under $100 for a flight?! I have ALWAYS paid at LEAST $250! You are very lucky!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1031401]When I first went to WDW in 1986 the fares were non refundable, Sat night stay, and the moon and stars had to allign perfectly for a $225 RT fare.

Now it’s still about the same price on SWA. Sure it’s not the $49 dings we used to get when they first came into the market, but when you consider that almost everything cost TWICE as much as it did back then…

Yeah, we’re spoiled.

SWA runs out of IAD and BWI. Airtran runs out of Richmond with decent fares too, and only a short drive south. Might be worth it in parking savings alone![/QUOTE]

Thanks~ we’ve done SW the past 2 years, especially since we don’t have to pay for checked bags! 1st & 2nd year out of IAD, last year BWI—with 3 kids, I don’t think my nerves can take a DRIVE to WDW!! We may have to reconsider the flight budget & try to cut elsewhere!

With the issue in the Gulf at this moment. I’d pay what you could now instead of waiting. I might be in Southwest Fl, far from the Panhandle, but our gas has gone up .10 cents in the past week. Not much for regular gas, but ya never know about the reasons airlines will come up with to hike their rates.:glare: I know my fil bought his tickets from Bloomington-Normal, Ill to Ft. Myers for about $100 a ticket and he was happy as heck. (He did this about 7 months ago btw) His tickets, if he bought them now, would be well over $150. He usually flies Air Tran, no idea who this time.

I’d die if i had to buy airline tickets for the 7 of us. :eek: Therefore we drive.