Appetizers vs desserts

This is our first time using dining plan so please excuse me if this has already been covered.
Has anyone ever tried or had success exchanging dessert and adding appetizer toi meal in exchange? We are not big dessert eaters and would prefer appetizer if possible.
Does each restaurant/server have option of doing this?
Thanks in advance for any comments.

My mom asked to do this in June when we were there and they wouldn’t exchange. She only tried once though, so I don’t know if other restaurants would be willing to or not.

[QUOTE=jessica m;1053750]This is our first time using dining plan so please excuse me if this has already been covered.
Has anyone ever tried or had success exchanging dessert and adding appetizer toi meal in exchange? We are not big dessert eaters and would prefer appetizer if possible.
Does each restaurant/server have option of doing this?
Thanks in advance for any comments.[/QUOTE]

I got the feeling they wouldn’t budge on this. We had the problem in the fact that we didn’t always want a dessert, but were sometimes made to feel a bit pressured in “its part of the plan, so you should have it” we got some funny looks when we said we’d pass.

I think you could ask, but I think the answer would be not possible.

We’ve asked at many of the restaurants on the dining plan, hoping to switch out a dessert for an appetizer and have always been told no.

Is this a new policy beacuse when I was there last December we were able to choose appetizer or dessert at least at Mama Melrose alot of our other ADR were buffets.

I think that you were lucky- I haven’t heard of any restaurant allowing an appetizer instead of the dessert.

[QUOTE=dixie;1053769]I got the feeling they wouldn’t budge on this. We had the problem in the fact that we didn’t always want a dessert, but were sometimes made to feel a bit pressured in “its part of the plan, so you should have it” we got some funny looks when we said we’d pass.

I think you could ask, but I think the answer would be not possible.[/QUOTE]

Personal experience…the higher the ticket the higher the tip, so if it’s included they’re going to try and get you to order as much as possible.

Oh of course!!! why didn’t we realise that…makes perfect sense now:blush:

No its always been the policy. You were really really lucky to be able to do that, I’ve never heard of that being allowed before either.

Unless there was perhaps some dessert related allergies involved I can’t see them letting you do a swap but theres no harm in asking, you might just get lucky here and there. Unless you ask could the appetizer BE the dessert? Hmm

Actually, Mamma Melrose is one of the few places were the appetizer is still included on the DDP. I can’t remember which other restaurant you can choose an appetizer with your meal while on the DDP, but I’m sure there’s at least one other.

I apologise and stand corrected.

Unless they’ve changed the menu I think the restaurant in France had a 3 course menu offering on DDP, I could be wrong but that one sticks out at me.

Im thinking of trying this next trip is it good. we are already doing via napoli? the menu looks good

We also tried to exchange a dessert for an appit, we had no luck.
I REALLY REALLY wish you could get a appit, instead, we are not dessert people at all. I would much rather have a salad to start my meal.
Though I must say most of the time I would have them wrap up my dessert. I am on vacation after all! We would take it back to the resort and eat it by the river.(at POR) But the three of us would split a dessert, still passing on 2!

Ate there Tuesday (Chefs de France), still has a 3 course prix fixe menu.
(WE SAW REMY!:flowers:)

We were unable to exchange them as well. It seemed that a lot of employees tried to make us use our dining plan for things we didn’t want to. We had the 1 counter, 1 table and snack option. While we were at Epcot I just wanted to use 1 counter and pay for the childrens menu meal with cash since it was cheap. The lady at the American Experience building tried to make me use 2 counters and I told her no, and she didn’t seem to care. I only used 1 but had to fight not to use 2… and that happened atleast 2 other times to my wife and I.

PS: sorry I drifted off topic there… yikes… :whistling