Are packages cheaper?

Hi,

CM ran through room and 2009 Food options, mentioning “package,” like the room and dining are one “package.” Does anyone know if they charge them separately and just add them together or is it like a true package where there is a bit of a discount for combining features?

Thanks.

Frank

I would log onto the disney website & go through like you were going to book your vacation. We usually go through & try all options…adding food packages…adding hoppers…preferred room vs. standard…then you can tell what the price difference is.
I havent heard of room & meals being all in one for a ‘special’ price.

There are packages that save money, but they usually include the purchase of park tickets (either regular or Park Hopper).

>>but they usually include the purchase of park tickets (either regular or Park Hopper).<<

Ahh. We have AP’s so I guess it may not be worth it. I’ll have to crunch some numbers.

Thanks.

Frank

Sometimes a room only is cheaper if you can get a discount rate…but I don’t know if you can add on the meal plans with an AP like you can with a DVC.

A standard Disney vacation “package” is three days minimum, with your room at the prevailing rack rate for your travel dates. The package system is called “Magic Your Way” and has been in use since 2005. The package includes a minimum one day non-hopper one park ticket at everyday prices. If you add more days, the average daily price of your tickets will come down. You can also add one of three dining plans; counter, standard, or deluxe. Standard was the only choice until this year. Deluxe is new for this year and Counter will be new in 2009.
Counter is 2 counter/quick serve meals and 2 snacks per day.
Standard is one snack, one counter, and one sit down meal each day.
Deluxe is 3 sit down meals per day (including appetizer), 2 snacks per day, and a refillable mug.
Beyond these “packages” which are really just ala carte menu offerings, there are two “real” packages, Gold and Platinum. These are all inclusive packages which give you ultimate hoppers which allow you to go to all 4 parks, 2 waterparks, and Disney Quest without daily restriction, unlimited use of recreation facilities (boat rental, bike rental, fishing, golf, horses), behind the scenes tours, tickets to La Nouba, and a deluxe dining plan that includes a few restaurants that do not participate in the regular dining plans (Fulton’s and Victoria and Albert’s).
Under normal circumstances, you can save money using the MYW packages if you use the dining plan to it’s fullest advantage.

[QUOTE=zefyr;915432]Sometimes a room only is cheaper if you can get a discount rate…but I don’t know if you can add on the meal plans with an AP like you can with a DVC.[/QUOTE]

If you are a passholder, you can add the dining plan to your room only reservation even if you are staying only one night without having to buy a one day ticket.
We’ve done that 4 times this year.