Are plane tickets going down?

Just wondering if with the cost of oil down to about half what it was 6 months ago, has anyone notice if airfares has dropped any? Trying to book flights for my DS for early Jan and don’t want to book to soon.

I haven’t really been paying that much attention. But January is a slow time. So you should be able to get some good deals.

I have to go to Miami in December. Based on ticketting for that flight, compared to a couple of months ago, I wouldn’t say that they’ve dropped significantly yet.

Please don’t use “Plane” and “Going down” in the same sentence.

It makes me nervous.

On our local news the other day they stated that all airline tickets will be going up and that most on stop flights will stop. The reason, if they can’t fill the plane up they need to up the price of each ticket to make up for the empty seats. Also, connecting flights make the plane fill up. I know that I bought our tickets in April for $249. non stop Delta. By August they were $389. for the same flight. My brother just paid $800 for two adult plane tickets on Jet Blue from MA to FL

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;895945]Please don’t use “Plane” and “Going down” in the same sentence.

It makes me nervous.[/QUOTE]

But the plane HAS to go down. Otherwise that first step off the plane would be one HECK of a big one. (SPLAT!) :eek: :laugh:

Aviation fuel hasn’t moved down much. The avgas I use went from $3 (a buck higher that auto) to $5.29 when auto was pushing $4. Were down $.40 cents now. It SHOULD be back down to about $3.50.

Wow! We never even come close to that on Jetblue. Our flight on Jetblue in Jan. is the most we have paid $458 rt total. Our last trip in Sept. we paid $397 rt total. I wish it was '07 when we paid $236 rt total.

Purchased 2 Dec 08 round trip tickets in June 08 from Spirit Air out of Atlantic City NJ. Today I could book the same flights for $100 less round trip EACH ($200 total). BUT…I do have the seat assignments confirmed, and the tickets are completely paid, and I am going to WDW…so all is well!! :happy::wink:

Can’t you get a credit?

Not with Spirit…I use them. You have to cancel and rebook and they charge you a serious fee per ticket, per leg of the trip…not worth it at all.

As for going down…it has to land eventually Boss mouse or you’ll never make it to your parade.

Prices, if in line with gas prices, should go down.

I wish I could see the $49 deal with SWA again. That was the best of times!!

I remember them…

I am glad someone else does cause I was starting to think it was just a dream.:blink:

[QUOTE=senacm;896074]I remember them…

I am glad someone else does cause I was starting to think it was just a dream.:blink:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: No~ It wasnt a dream :laugh: I was able to get 5 of us from Philly to Orlando for under $525 at one time. I wish I could see that again

I am hoping gas prices will continue to go down, our last trip to WDW we paid on average of $1.90 a gallon for gas. We hope if all goes well it will continue to go down and maybe we can afford it in Feb 09!!! :blush:

$1.90?? When was that? My last driving trip was in Feb/March this year and I pd $3.25-$3.50 but I have a smaller car/SUV so I was able to make it to WDW with only 3 full tanks.

That was in 2006. We were supposed to be there this past week :frown:…
but medical issues was another story. Anyhow I was looking at my vacation pile from 2006 and that was my average gas price for that trip.

I know airlines buy fuel in a funny way…something about hedging (I think)…they buy contracts guessing that fuel will go up or down. I know I read that’s what saved SW. They had bought a few yrs worth of fuel when oil 50 bucks a barrel or something. So when the price per barrel went uptp 145, SW was sitting pretty.

The flight home from MCO to PHL on Jan 10 are 80 bucks each. But the flights down on Jan 4 are about 140. Airtran has cheaper flights, but not at the right time. And I believe Airtran charges for bags…maybe just the second bag…but anyway their times don’t work.

[QUOTE=Dana;896052]Not with Spirit…I use them. You have to cancel and rebook and they charge you a serious fee per ticket, per leg of the trip…not worth it at all.

Dana -you are so right! To save the $200, I need to pay a cancellation fee of $190. I seriously considered doing the cancel/re-book and pay the fee IF there was a $9 fare on one of my flight dates. Alas, there was not, but I did find out that Spirit Air does NOT give you your money back. They only give you a ‘store credit’ and the credit must be used within a year or you lose it.

I am just grateful we were able to finally save up enough to stay at the GF - something special to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Getting more and more excited every day!

There are so many loop holes for cheaper tickets now. You practically have to agree to take the trip no matter what, even if you are on your deathbed. And to get the best prices on some flights, you’d have to hold your luggage in your lap and bring a juice box in your pocket in case you get thirsty. It’s wacky now.

Planes should ''Land"

not “Go down” Bad ju-ju there.