Are the Non-Disney resorts/hotels as kid friendly?

This will be our first trip staying off property :crying: Are the non-Disney hotels as kid friendly?
Our dd who will be 23mo when we go has to have a dark, quiet room to sleep. That being said, we figured a one bedroom suite would be the best bet. This way here the rest of us can sit in the living room area and not have to go to bed at 8:00!
We are thinking about staying at Buena Vista Suites. The prices seem great and you get a free american breakfast every am.
Has anyone ever stayed here before?
Are there nicer places? It’s so hard for me to judge when you’re looking online.

TIA :heart:

We used to stay ‘off property’ all the time when we first went to WDW and we always had a great stay. Its no good me recommending my hotel, its gone now. But there are lots of great places around the area.
I always cross check with Trip Advisor, or a general Google search when researching any new hotel or place to stay. I know there not always 100% honest, but you do at least get a ‘feel’ for the general overview. Good luck, and let us know what you decide upon.

*You should look into the Vistana Resort. Here is the link. The rooms are like DVC Villas – with separate bedroom/living/kitchen, etc. Multiple baths plus patio or balcony. Very, very nice pool, kid-friendly!!!, fun activities, buses to WDW. We have had many wonderful times here and our kids loved it.

This is an EXCELLENT choice for you!

Orlando Hotels | Sheraton Vistana Resort, Lake Buena Vista

*There also are several Marriott properties as well, and they are also beautiful with incredible pools. They are a bit farther away, closer to Sea World, and they can be a little more expensive than Vistana. However, they are fantastic if you get availability and price!

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcocy-marriotts-cypress-harbour/

*Another terrific place to stay (though it’s difficult to get and can be pricey) is either of the two properties by World Center Marriott. They also have 2- and even 3-bedroom villas, and they are located just outside WDW. Perhaps not quite as kid-friendly as the others, but lovely nonetheless!:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcoip-marriotts-imperial-palm-villas/

*And finally, I have talked to lots of friends who have really enjoyed this place. It seems very kid-friendly, and the prices can be great at times! We have tried to get last-minute rooms here, but haven’t had luck because it books in advance and it’s hard to get a room with only a few days notice. I understand kids love it, and the rooms are great for families.

Orlando Convention Hotels - Caribe Royale - Florida Hotel Suites

I have gone to the Caribe Royal for a night or two prior to renting a villa.
Try this link for other hotels.
MouseSavers.com - Orlando Hotel Discounts near Disney World

Marriott’s are very nice resorts. We often stay one week on property and one week off at a Marriott. The condos at the World Centre are literally a two minute drive to WDW property. The Granda Vista is further, but has beautiful grounds and first class amenities.

The Unofficial Guide to WDW has some great family reviews of accommodations and things. I checked out my copy from my local library.

Another forgoten offsite is hte Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort. It’s physical location is right next to the Caribbean Beach Resort, but it is on a parcel that DIsney could not purchase with the initial land grab. We have stayed there a few times and it is outstanding. Multiple pools and other activities like the Marriot resorts so the only difference is what type of a deal you can work with through the owner.

They have a shuttle that runs to the parks if you don’t have a car with you. Look through some of the condo rental sights for offers. TUG (Time Share Users Group) is the one I use the most. The other timeshare properties mentioned in other notes can also be found there.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1129557]Another forgoten offsite is hte Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort. It’s physical location is right next to the Caribbean Beach Resort, but it is on a parcel that DIsney could not purchase with the initial land grab. We have stayed there a few times and it is outstanding. Multiple pools and other activities like the Marriot resorts so the only difference is what type of a deal you can work with through the owner.

They have a shuttle that runs to the parks if you don’t have a car with you. Look through some of the condo rental sights for offers. TUG (Time Share Users Group) is the one I use the most. The other timeshare properties mentioned in other notes can also be found there.[/QUOTE]

I heard it was very nice,strange thing is that property went bankrupt awhile back and it is a mystery why Disney didn’t buy it …originally Disney was barred from owning it…but why didn’t look into it after the bankruptcy I have never gotten the same answer twice…but location is right on property even if it says it isn’t.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1129548]This will be our first trip staying off property :crying: Are the non-Disney hotels as kid friendly?
Our dd who will be 23mo when we go has to have a dark, quiet room to sleep. That being said, we figured a one bedroom suite would be the best bet. [/QUOTE]

Are you staying off site specifically to get a one bedroom? If so, you may want to look into renting DVC points. The Disney vacation club villas have one and two bedrooms. Just a thought.:blush:

Oh I didn’t even think of that!!! Great idea.
Ok so how do I do that!:smile:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1129551]*You should look into the Vistana Resort. Here is the link. The rooms are like DVC Villas – with separate bedroom/living/kitchen, etc. Multiple baths plus patio or balcony. Very, very nice pool, kid-friendly!!!, fun activities, buses to WDW. We have had many wonderful times here and our kids loved it.

This is an EXCELLENT choice for you!

Orlando Hotels | Sheraton Vistana Resort, Lake Buena Vista

*There also are several Marriott properties as well, and they are also beautiful with incredible pools. They are a bit farther away, closer to Sea World, and they can be a little more expensive than Vistana. However, they are fantastic if you get availability and price!

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcocy-marriotts-cypress-harbour/

*Another terrific place to stay (though it’s difficult to get and can be pricey) is either of the two properties by World Center Marriott. They also have 2- and even 3-bedroom villas, and they are located just outside WDW. Perhaps not quite as kid-friendly as the others, but lovely nonetheless!:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcoip-marriotts-imperial-palm-villas/

*And finally, I have talked to lots of friends who have really enjoyed this place. It seems very kid-friendly, and the prices can be great at times! We have tried to get last-minute rooms here, but haven’t had luck because it books in advance and it’s hard to get a room with only a few days notice. I understand kids love it, and the rooms are great for families.

Orlando Convention Hotels - Caribe Royale - Florida Hotel Suites[/QUOTE]

What great information, thank you!
I really like the Marriotts, not too bad pricing either.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1129567]Oh I didn’t even think of that!!! Great idea.
Ok so how do I do that!:smile:[/QUOTE]

Rental points usually go for between $10 to $13 per point, depending on time of year, etc. You can rent from any dvc member. In fact I think Rich was just saying he has points available. Just Google DVC point charts, pick what resort you like and calculate how many points it adds up to times say $12 a point for room cost. Then for tickets check out Undercover Tourist.

Thanks so much for the info.

I guess the Marriott Residence Inn next to their World Center would be a good alternative, though I don’t quite know what you mean by kid friendly. Decorations and furnishing are regular hotel type, but I’m sure a one bedroom suite will be far less than a comparable DVC resort. Just don’t expect to feel like you’re in WDW.

That’s a good point!

All the ones that havebeen suggested in this thread are great, but if you are looking for bikes/games/facilities, good pool area for kids, evening activities, etc. then I’d suggest Vistana or Caribe Royale. If you are looking more for a spacious room where the family can spread out and nobody is likely to mind kid-noise, then the Marriott properties are perfect.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1129557]Another forgoten offsite is hte Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort. It’s physical location is right next to the Caribbean Beach Resort, but it is on a parcel that DIsney could not purchase with the initial land grab. We have stayed there a few times and it is outstanding. Multiple pools and other activities like the Marriot resorts so the only difference is what type of a deal you can work with through the owner.

They have a shuttle that runs to the parks if you don’t have a car with you. Look through some of the condo rental sights for offers. TUG (Time Share Users Group) is the one I use the most. The other timeshare properties mentioned in other notes can also be found there.[/QUOTE]

We actually stayed at the Wyndham that P-n-R speaks about back in the day when it was named the Grovesnor 3 years in a row. It’s a very nice hotel, and walking distance to DTD. They have a breakfast with the characters and they used to have some kind of who-done-it mystery murder dinner thing.

The website for this resort shows that the rooms and grounds are stunning! We booked it awhile back, but ended up switching to POR – maybe because the Wyndham charged a ton of money for parking, I think? And I think you have to pay for housekeeping?

Many years ago we stayed at the Hilton it was very nice,but all the time I felt like a fish out of water…we were there for 4 days and the last 7 at POR to me it was day and night…it was a very nice place,but it could not match being on property…but that is me…also I believe someone ha s already mentioned it but you may try to but points if alarger space is needed…good luck in your search

Different facility. Your refering yo the hotel in the DTD area. The Bonnet Creek Resort is located next to the Caribbean Beach Resort and is a Wyndham time share location.

That’s different. We have never paid for parking. Now they only clean the unit once mid week, but the kids had that responsibility to keep the unit straight. After all, Pam was on vaction too.