Are the pools still open

With the new federal regulations requiring lifts for disabled persons are the pools still open or closed for renovation

Still open!

Seems like there has been an extension for compliance for quite some considerable time according to the article below.

Deadline for hotel pools to be ADA-compliant extended - USATODAY.com

Have you been listening to Neal Boortz?

I haven’t, I was just trying to help with the question of whether the pools are closed for renovation to comply with the new regulations.

I have no idea who he is.

Sorry Dixie- I was referring to Ron… I did not make that clear.

No I haven’t, There was a story in the local paper where I am working that the city pool might be closed for just this reason and thy didn’t mention any extension.
That’s what I get for reading the local paper

I don’t think the pools at Disney’s resorts will need the lifts. From what I heard if there is a gentle sloop into the pool the lift is unneeded.

Please say it isn’t so, and because Dixie is in the UK, it most likely isn’t so:laugh:

[QUOTE=ron;1104712]No I haven’t, There was a story in the local paper where I am working that the city pool might be closed for just this reason and thy didn’t mention any extension.
That’s what I get for reading the local paper[/QUOTE]

Don’t be too hard on your local press.
They have more to do with far less and are facing extinction.

Ok, I could google it but who is Neal Boortz?

Neal Boortz is an American talk radio host from Atlanta GA. He is a libertarian and one of the authors of the Fair Tax (fairfax.org). His show is primarily political pushing libertarian thought.

I was flipping channels the other day, and he was going on and on about this very subject. I bet he pulled the story from the newspaper where the article was read…

That’s Ok Han:heart:

You’re right SG it definitely isn’t so :laugh:

thank you, tigger :smile:

That’s what I was thinking for the pools with zero entry. Those that aren’t though may need a few modifications. But knowing Disney I could see them offering a huge discount on accomodations to 100% Disabled non-ambulatory guests needing this at the resorts with zero entry pools to avoid having to change. That would be a win-win if allowed.