Are there DVD players at BWV?

Last Dec we were at a standard studio at BWV and there wasn’t a DVD player. My DD called about it and was told we could rent one. I was just surprised there wasn’t one in the room. Does anyone know if DVD players are in the rooms now?

I’m surprised, I thought they were in all DVC accomodations.

We have stayed at BCV, AKV, VWL and BWV. The first three had DVD players. I’m surprised we were offered to RENT one. I would have thought you could have borrowed one at least.

Are you sure? I can’t remember being told to rent one. (I do have a really bad memory). I thought they just didn’t have any. I remember running through the rain to get a DVD and then realizing there wasn’t a player.

yup, as your mother, you know I’m always right!:rolleyes:

I’m not sure about other rooms, but we were just at a studio at BWV at the end of August, and there was not a DVD player. Also, the TV was definitely a bit “old”. We were just at the Grand Californian in DLR in June and they had flat screens and DVD players, IPod docks/alarm clocks-very high techy. Not so much at BWV. It was still great and cozy, but not DVD player.

We bought a DVD player at Best Buy a few years ago… it is 5 inches or so across, and about an inch and a half tall. It’s tiny! And we throw it in the luggage wherever we go. I think we paid way less than $50 for it, and it has been a great travel item.

I remember the older tv too. It’s not that important, but if we get stuck in the room cause of weather, it might be nice to have a DVD to watch.

I’ve only stayed at a standard room, but if this is the norm with the preferred room that would be odd. Since I think the points are the same as BCV or VWL.

I know that the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom BW villas have DVD players.
We used a studio at the BW last May, and we were surprised to find out that they DID NOT have DVD players in the room. Thank goodness for my portible DVD player for my DS4 - it was a lifesaver!!

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;877534]I know that the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom BW villas have DVD players.
We used a studio at the BW last May, and we were surprised to find out that they DID NOT have DVD players in the room. Thank goodness for my portible DVD player for my DS4 - it was a lifesaver!![/QUOTE]

We were in the same boat with my 2 yr DGD.

Do you know if the 1 bedroom have the old style tvs. My son is on a wait list for one for his honeymoon. I didn’t mention the old tvs in the studios cause he WILL be on his honeymoon…:blush:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;877518]
I’ve only stayed at a standard room, but if this is the norm with the preferred room that would be odd. Since I think the points are the same as BCV or VWL.[/QUOTE]

We were in a preferred room studio and no DVD player. This was our first time using our DVC points. Does VWL have DVD players in their studios?

I’m pretty sure they do. I stayed there but I didn’t use one there. I know for sure at BCV, again DGD involved.

STOP IT!!! You DO NOT pack a DVD player when you go to WDW do you??? :mellow: What the heck do you use it for in the room?

The last time I stayed at Boardwalk Villas was about 2 years ago so I obviously don’t have the most updated information but they definately didn’t have them in the room when I was there.

I just have a question though… do people actually use these DVD players? I can’t imagine being that bored in WDW that you want to sit in your room & watch a movie. I noticed they play movies in all the DVC Community Halls and even on big blow up screens by the pools lately. I think I’d rather do that than sit in my room and watch a movie.

We used to put Disney cartoon movies on as the kids were falling asleep, so the “Disney Magic” didn’t have to end after dinner. We’d say, “Now it’s time to go visit with Ariel!” And they’d happily go back to the room and fall asleep to The Little Mermaid.

Now that they are older, they fall asleep to something a little more grown-up! LOL

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;877596]The last time I stayed at Boardwalk Villas was about 2 years ago so I obviously don’t have the most updated information but they definately didn’t have them in the room when I was there.

I just have a question though… do people actually use these DVD players? I can’t imagine being that bored in WDW that you want to sit in your room & watch a movie. I noticed they play movies in all the DVC Community Halls and even on big blow up screens by the pools lately. I think I’d rather do that than sit in my room and watch a movie.[/QUOTE]

Oh Wishy!
WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE KIDS!!! LOL!!!

A DVD player is a NECESSITY!!! If you want to keep your sanity, that is!!!

Getting ready in the morning is much easier if DS4 is busy watching his fav DVD, and so forth!!

I always bring a few DVD’s for my DH and I to watch, but they usually just stay in the case…cause we are dead tired by the end of the day. Plus, I’m too busy watching that girl do the Disney countdown on the TV - LOL!