Are They Closing The Carousel Of Progress?

Someone just told me that they heard it’s closing! I’ve been a little out of the loop on this. But please, tell me it’s not true!

Surprisingly, I love that thing!
And we didn’t get to go on it in August, and I’d be very upset if it closed before I got to see it again.

Where did you “hear” this??

Rumor that I heard when I was at the park (from a guy who’s cousin is a CM) is that they are moving the ENTIRE building to the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC. Since it is a landmark building.

If it’s true, it’s a great honor, but we will miss it! :frown:

I just googled it and it seems like it’s just that A RUMOR, so I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

the power of a “rumor” is amazing…it made it’s way all the way to internet…lol I moved this thread to the “rumors and news” forum as it does not belong in the “theme parks” forum.

Yes! The same guy told me his cousin was hired to do the animatronics for the NEW 5th Disney theme park — wait for it . . . :whistling VILLIANS PARK!!!

That is will open in 5 years the SAME time as the Harry Potter Park over at Universal.

Again . . . wait and see! :pinch:

I’m sure it is, it’s been a rumor on and off for a long time.

Thank you all so much! Oh gosh, I was just so nervous for a minute there! haha. It would be great honor, but I’d be sooo disappointed. I love rides like that at Disney. They aren’t thrilling, but theres something still magical about them! ^.^

My friend told me so, I kind of doubting it, but I know a lot of people think COP is a waste of space. But I love it.

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;926450]Thank you all so much! Oh gosh, I was just so nervous for a minute there! haha. It would be great honor, but I’d be sooo disappointed. I love rides like that at Disney. They aren’t thrilling, but theres something still magical about them! ^.^

My friend told me so, I kind of doubting it, but I know a lot of people think COP is a waste of space. But I love it.[/QUOTE]

That’s because it was created by Walt himself. Those attractions are classic Disney and should be treasured. My DDs love it too.

That rumor has been going around for years now.

I would surely miss it if it were to be replaced though.

say it aint so DD loves that thing and the song is kinda catchy.
darn good educational lesson for the younger kids as well.

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that rumor, I’d be going to WDW to check it out in person. :happy:

[COLOR=“LemonChiffon”]i wish!!
~ put in something like the Incredibles attraction that was rumored a while back!![/COLOR]
it’s not a fave of ours…we skip it every trip.
:ph34r:

My DD loves it too and it’s become a family fav. When we were there last Apr. the CM at the ride told us it would be closing. We were surprised to hear it was still open. We also heard it was moving. Maybe they changed their minds.

I think it’s heading off to a museum somewhere also. I know it’s been a ‘rumor’ for awhile now & it’s ashame because it’s absolutely one of my favorite things in WDW but I personally think it’s day are numbered. Maybe not for a little while, but I just have a feeling.

I would be heart broken of it was true. I can remember going on as a kid. DH and I aren’t thrill seekers…suits us just fine!

I’ve heard this COP closing rumor for a long time. I’m sure it’s going to happen eventually, as it never really draws a crowd, but I’m hoping the rumor will draw out a little longer without any action… I love COP. :wub:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;926445]Yes! The same guy told me his cousin was hired to do the animatronics for the NEW 5th Disney theme park — wait for it . . . :whistling VILLIANS PARK!!!

That is will open in 5 years the SAME time as the Harry Potter Park over at Universal.

Again . . . wait and see! :pinch:[/QUOTE]

This needs to happen - Harry Potter’s going to draw a lot of people, and WDW will need something new to compete with it.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;926445]Yes! The same guy told me his cousin was hired to do the animatronics for the NEW 5th Disney theme park — wait for it . . . :whistling VILLIANS PARK!!!

Again . . . wait and see! :pinch:[/QUOTE]

I was just at Universal a few weeks ago…Harry Potter opens next year.

Yep! When I was talking to Valerie later at City Hall in MK, I mentioned it to her . . . and she said she didn’t think it will happen since Disney is a more “Family Friendly” park, and they wouldn’t do something that wouldn’t appeal to all.

Like I said before: Wait and See :happy:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;926648]
Like I said before: Wait and See :happy:[/QUOTE]

Yes :smile: