Are you 23? Teaser

Are you 23?

Disney has a teaser web page up with the question “Are you 23?” and a countdown pointing to March 10.

Several podcasts that I listen to have said that Disney has done a great job keeping this a secret.

Hopefully this hasn’t been previously posted…

Bruce

Somebody did post about it a little while ago, not sure where that thread went though. I believe the ad is actually referring to a new “club” for hardcore Disney followers, like an in-depth fan club.

[QUOTE=brumcg;935644]Are you 23?

Disney has a teaser web page up with the question “Are you 23?” and a countdown pointing to March 10.

Several podcasts that I listen to have said that Disney has done a great job keeping this a secret.

Hopefully this hasn’t been previously posted…

Bruce[/QUOTE]

I would love to know what this is. I haven’t dug for the answer. Want to be surprised! :happy:

Ack. I tried searching on ‘23’ and that didn’t fly.

A fan club? Hrm. :blush:

Bruce

Hmmmm, well Club 33 is DL, and there’s a Club 23 in Orlando. I’m curious now.
Think it’s an online Fan Club, Wishy?

I hadn’t heard of this before, I wonder what it is…

Click the link and put in your email! Then the countdown begins . . .

I’ve heard rumors here and there…

Some say it has something to do with Pixar because it’s in its 23rd year. Some say it has something to do with 23 vault movies being released on Disney Blu-Ray on March 10th.

I hope it is neither of the above!

I had actually spoken to a CM when we were up there on Feb 7-8 and he told me that they are keeping it secret really good but that there are rumors about it either being.
the creation of merchandise that has a vintage look to it. for example; older antique merchandise.
or a fan club for disney
or a test of how many 23yr/olds and older there are for a future 5th park
but not totally sure.

This is what I posted a few weeks ago. I found it on LaughingPlace.com. I’m sure you can archive the article.

Are you 23?

I saw this posted on LaughingPlace.com and thought it was interesting.

More on Are You 23?
We received the following email rumor regarding the Are You 23? campaign that we’ve been putting up posters for.
The are you 23 posters are [an] advertisment for a new Disney fan club that will be targeted to the die hard fan of the company. The execs were receiving complaints that the other disney fan clubs were targeted to the average disney fan and not the “true” fan. The new club will have annual fee, special events and exclusive merchandise. The are you 23? is a reference to the year that the disney company was officially founded. hope this helps.

You can be among the first to hear officially about this (or whatver it turns out to be) by signing up here on Disney.com.

that sounds cool, although it sounds like another way for Disney to make more money off of people. but what don’t they make that doesn’t cost anything.

Interesting…
But why March 10 and not March 23?
You would think that Disney would want to keep the theme in the date too.
Just a thought…

I stumbled across this today… Has the Mystery of Are You 23? Been Revealed? | StitchKingdom.com.

They are guessing it’s a semi-exclusive online club. They also had these pin pics.

Bruce

[QUOTE=brumcg;938431]I stumbled across this today… Has the Mystery of Are You 23? Been Revealed? | StitchKingdom.com.

They are guessing it’s a semi-exclusive online club. They also had these pin pics.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm…My interest keeps growing.

I was told by a CM that he heard its like a Disney die-hard fan/exclusive club. He wasnt sure if it was an online thing or a place you can actually go to.

[QUOTE=brumcg;938431]I stumbled across this today… Has the Mystery of Are You 23? Been Revealed? | StitchKingdom.com.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Do you think it could be something like the old Magic Kingdom Club? It’s been more than a few years since that ended, bringing an updated version back would be nice.

D23 | StitchKingdom.com

Stichkingdom.com (crediting other sources) has reported that D23 is, in fact, “the Official Community for Disney Fans” based on an insert included in the Platinum Edition DVD of Pinocchio. They’ve also shown pics of the Disney Twenty Three magazine and have several other articles.

Iger also mentioned it… without mentioning it. He called it the “Disney affinity club.”

Bruce

[QUOTE=brumcg;941428]D23 | StitchKingdom.com

Stichkingdom.com (crediting other sources) has reported that D23 is, in fact, “the Official Community for Disney Fans” based on an insert included in the Platinum Edition DVD of Pinocchio. They’ve also shown pics of the Disney Twenty Three magazine and have several other articles.

Iger also mentioned it… without mentioning it. He called it the “Disney affinity club.”

Bruce[/QUOTE]

ok Bruce, I am a little dense, where does the 23 come from?

From Laughingplace.com

The are you 23 posters are [an] advertisment for a new Disney fan club that will be targeted to the die hard fan of the company. The execs were receiving complaints that the other disney fan clubs were targeted to the average disney fan and not the “true” fan. The new club will have annual fee, special events and exclusive merchandise. The are you 23? is a reference to the year that the disney company was officially founded. hope this helps.

You know, I don’t think that’s been revealed yet.

I think the best theory revolves around the 1923 founding of the Walt Disney Company… but that’s just a guess.

Only a few more days to the official announcement.

Personally, I hate teasers like this; I’m always suckered into them, but I normally end up disappointed.

Bruce