Are you on Disney's side on this one?

Teen dressed as Tinkerbell denied entry to Disney’s Animal Kingdom | wtsp.com

It didn’t happen to me so I actually do have to agree with Disney on this. Had it happened to me I may have a different answer, but right now it’s a yes with Disney.

They do have a reputation to maintain and standards that they work hard to uphold, she was dressed very well and there could be confusion amongst people in the park, thinking she was the real Tinkerbell.

While highly unlikely, what if she did something foul, or was smoking a cigarette in the park. And then when she’s going to eat lunch, you never see characters eating lunch. Unfortunately it does cause confusion amongst the smaller children, and perhaps even some adults.

It is strictly verbotten for anyone other than an on duty Disney CM to dress as any character in the park, excepting “little princesses” who dropped a bundle at Bippity Boppity Boutique.
This is to avoid confusing other guests and potentially damaging that character’s reputation.

I completely agree. Who do they think they are? I am not there to see someone else. I am there for the magic of the place, not to see some attention needing person parade around in a Halloween costume on any day other than Halloween. It is just a plot for that person to get attention, nothing more.

From Disney’s perspective, I am glad that they are not letting this happen. They have a controlled environment that millions of people love because of rules like this. I am just glad that someone was there to enforce it.

i agree with disney, its not like she was mistreated for the hassle. I mean a free t-shirt was nice but FP’s as well…GEEZ, I think WDW went above and beyond to right the situation.

I agree with Disney. It is a published dress code. It seems to me someone at DHS may be getting in trouble for letting her in there the day before. Her costume would have been great for MNSSHP but not for just a day in the parks.

I totally agree with Disney!

Yep, I’m with Disney.

And I’d hate for any little one to think her boyfriend is really Peter Pan. Because I LOATHE those ear things. They creep me out!

…if they start loosing up on things like this…people will keep pushing…not sure how or why she got away with it at another park, but I bet someone’s head will roll for letting her in there…

I understand that this girl was probably not trying to cause any trouble…but I’m thinking she isn’t a “many visits” person or she would have known she never sees any other adults dressed exactly like the characters…

Fortunately for Boss, they don’t have a PINK TUTU Fairy. :laugh:

Now if security will start enforcing the ban on offensive clothing. I seen some really out of place shirts…

I also agree with Disney. It’s a pretty clear-cut dress code. What if this “tinkerbell” decided to smoke in the park or use vulgar language or any behavior that wasn’t very “tinkerbell”? They have a brand to protect.

Excellent point, the thing is too, that this is wide open for others to do the same and the darker repercussions of un- regulated people in character costumes would be very worrying- who knows what types would take advantage of a situation like that- no, doesn’t bear thinking about.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1112883]Fortunately for Boss, they don’t have a PINK TUTU Fairy. :laugh:

Now if security will start enforcing the ban on offensive clothing. I seen some really out of place shirts…[/QUOTE]

I SECOND the offensive t-shirts. I’ve seen some REALLY bad ones the last two trips.

I’m with Disney on this one. They didn’t refuse her entry to the park - they worked with her so that she could enter without breaking the rules. They didn’t have to. This has been Disney’s policy for as long as I can remember. “It broke her heart?”…c’mon - she’s 15 years old. Time to grow up a bit.

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1112843]It didn’t happen to me so I actually do have to agree with Disney on this. Had it happened to me I may have a different answer, but right now it’s a yes with Disney.

They do have a reputation to maintain and standards that they work hard to uphold, she was dressed very well and there could be confusion amongst people in the park, thinking she was the real Tinkerbell.

While highly unlikely, what if she did something foul, or was smoking a cigarette in the park. And then when she’s going to eat lunch, you never see characters eating lunch. Unfortunately it does cause confusion amongst the smaller children, and perhaps even some adults.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for writing all this, Veronica, now I don’t have to. I totally agree…

What??? you’re askin’ her to grow up? she’s with Peter Pan for goodness sakes :pinch:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Exactly what I was going to say. I absolutely agree with Disney on this. The rules are there for everyone to follow and they’re clearly stated. She should’ve known better. I’m shocked she got through at DHS.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1112883]Fortunately for Boss, they don’t have a PINK TUTU Fairy. :laugh:

Now if security will start enforcing the ban on offensive clothing. I seen some really out of place shirts…[/QUOTE]

Rich… I was only 2 post into this and that popped into my mind … U beat me to the punch. I’ll stand on Disney’s side !!!

I suppose someone had to bring up pink tutus and fountain dancing.:glare:

How about they do something to enforce a “droopy drawers” rule?
You know, those thug wannabes who have their pants so low it looks like they’re carrying a load in a diaper. What’s up with that?