Aren't AKV rooms on the 4th or 5th floor?

I just did online checkin for AKV. There is a separate listing for kidani. One of the special requests was ground floor. I thought at the main lodge all the dvc rooms were upper floors? Did something change in the last yr or so?

Not that I’m aware of. In fact, when I spoke with DVC member services yesterday about our trip in March, in which we are staying at Jambo House, the cm said to me “now, you are aware that your room will be located within one of the top two levels seeing it’s a deluxe studio.” So, not sure why that is giving you a choice for the ground floor.

What I think is odd is that almost no one wants a ground floor room anywhere. Once we had at room at either SOG (golf resort back then) or Poly (again a million years ago) the sliding door opened to the pool so that was nice. But I would feel awkward sitting outside with my morning coffee on the ground floor.

I wonder if the ground floor listing is just genetically listed? I mean its probably easier for disney to just include it on all resorts then take it off a few that don’t have ground floors. I hope this makes sense.

Yes it does, but since my reservation number would come up as a DVC room, you would think there would be something keyed for that.

But then again, disney and computers don’t always see eye to eye. I seem to get a whole lot more error (can’t pull up reservation, try later) messages than I do with any other site.

We love ground floors. I like the room to stretch out that is sometimes lost with a balcony. Also I can escape out the room for a quick smoke. (I know- bad Rich). The other advantage is that many times we get visitors. Donald’s long lost cousins are usual visitors along with others.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1048770]Yes it does, but since my reservation number would come up as a DVC room, you would think there would be something keyed for that.

But then again, disney and computers don’t always see eye to eye. I seem to get a whole lot more error (can’t pull up reservation, try later) messages than I do with any other site.[/QUOTE]

Yea I agree you would think that something would be keyed for that. Have you called reservations or the resort just to see what they have to say?

No, I’m not that worried about it. I just thought it was odd.

Only Jambo house is on the 4th and 5th floors for DVC members. Kidani has Savannah view rooms on every floor and the better ones are the low ones closest to the animals.

I was about to say the same. and welcome to MB!