Ariel 2012

Hi all, so I am here with my DH, DD 9 and my MIL at OKW in the most perfect villa ever. Overlooks the 4th I think? Very tedious long trip but here we are safe and sound and very excited to start our vacation.
I have to say…If you have never stayed at OKW before then you need to make a must do on your ‘bucket list’. 1 bedroom villa is simply enormous and the superking bed in our master room is just ‘swimable’ :laugh:
The check in CM we had was fab and very funny. I must get his name though…I just remember he was from the Netherlands.

This morning sees us at Ohana for breakfast and then hitting the MK for a day of fun and all things childish! Then on to 1900 park fare for dinner. What a great start…

A live TR. Don’t forget pictures,please.

Looking forward to more.

OH yay, so excited to hear from you so soon, ARIEL. I cannot wait to read about your adventures. Come back soon and tell us

It just occurred to me that you left the UK during the Olympics! Wow!

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1118133]Hi all, so I am here with my DH, DD 9 and my MIL at OKW in the most perfect villa ever. Overlooks the 4th I think? Very tedious long trip but here we are safe and sound and very excited to start our vacation.
I have to say…If you have never stayed at OKW before then you need to make a must do on your ‘bucket list’. 1 bedroom villa is simply enormous and the superking bed in our master room is just ‘swimable’ :laugh:
The check in CM we had was fab and very funny. I must get his name though…I just remember he was from the Netherlands.

This morning sees us at Ohana for breakfast and then hitting the MK for a day of fun and all things childish! Then on to 1900 park fare for dinner. What a great start…[/QUOTE]

…sounds like you are off to a wonderful start to your vacation!! Enjoy your time at WDW…

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1118134]
QUOTE]

Ssshhh Polly! Don’t give away the secret!:happy:

I’ll be anxiously awaiting your posts! Have a great day!

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1118134]…If you have never stayed at OKW before then you need to make a must do on your ‘bucket list’. 1 bedroom villa is simply enormous and the superking bed in our master room is just ‘swimable’ :laugh:
QUOTE]

Ssshh! Polly! Don’t give away the secret! Let them all go on thinking that OKW is “sort of boring”.:cool:

[QUOTE=llama;1118163][QUOTE=ARIEL;1118134]…If you have never stayed at OKW before then you need to make a must do on your ‘bucket list’. 1 bedroom villa is simply enormous and the superking bed in our master room is just ‘swimable’ :laugh:
QUOTE]

Ssshh! Polly! Don’t give away the secret! Let them all go on thinking that OKW is “sort of boring”.:cool:[/QUOTE]

So many good reviews about this resort lately, I am glad some attention is averted from POR, haha.

I am happy to hear that you are loving OKW - its a secret treasure, so try to complain a bit so people don’t go there…lol

So…OKW…a terrible terrible resort. Do NOT go there :whistling:laugh: ( have I diverted the attention OK Llama and Dana?? ) lol

What a day! Started off great with lots of laughs as not only did the bus driver to the MK make us sing ALL the way there a cool rendition of ‘The Wheels on the Bus’…but he also drove us all the way to Epcot, told us to have a great day etc and after being told ‘hey fella…we are all going to the MK’ he just simply said ‘my bad’…too funny!!:laugh:
We hit the MK big time. It’s a small world, Haunted Mansion, the New water play area , Transit authority, Carousel of Progress…parade…
funniest was the Laughter floor as DH Paul was targeted by the monsters on the bug screen. He didn’t know what to do! lol
We ate at the Poly this morning which was fabulous and this evening at 1900 park fare-equally as great. Our server was awesome and gave us 2 celebratory place mats as a gift.

We are now home in our shockingly bad, awful villa at OKW relaxing and getting ready to catch up on some zzzzzz’s. Ready for tomorrow.

So I bid you good night and see you tomorrow!!!

ps…OKW is truly amazing and we ADORE it!!! :laugh::heart:

I think we had that bus driver a few years ago, he also made us sing wheels on the bus and had us tell everyone on the bus where we were from. It was so funny and made the ride go by very quickly. We had great driver this trip, he talked to us for about 10 minutes before we pulled out then he chatted over the speaker all the way to our resort.

I’m loving your live report. Get some rest at your awful resort.

Sounds like a terrible day. I’d request a room change to a Motel 6 or something!

We had a bus ride where DS asked me for the words to Zippity Doo Da (he’d ridden SM that day). In short order the entire bus was singing it on the way back to Pop.

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1118299]So…OKW…a terrible terrible resort. Do NOT go there :whistling:laugh: ( have I diverted the attention OK Llama and Dana?? ) lol

What a day! Started off great with lots of laughs as not only did the bus driver to the MK make us sing ALL the way there a cool rendition of ‘The Wheels on the Bus’…but he also drove us all the way to Epcot, told us to have a great day etc and after being told ‘hey fella…we are all going to the MK’ he just simply said ‘my bad’…too funny!!:laugh:
We hit the MK big time. It’s a small world, Haunted Mansion, the New water play area , Transit authority, Carousel of Progress…parade…
funniest was the Laughter floor as DH Paul was targeted by the monsters on the bug screen. He didn’t know what to do! lol
We ate at the Poly this morning which was fabulous and this evening at 1900 park fare-equally as great. Our server was awesome and gave us 2 celebratory place mats as a gift.

We are now home in our shockingly bad, awful villa at OKW relaxing and getting ready to catch up on some zzzzzz’s. Ready for tomorrow.

So I bid you good night and see you tomorrow!!!

ps…OKW is truly amazing and we ADORE it!!! :laugh::heart:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I love your report Polly - I can hardly wait for the next installment

Excellent work Polly! (throw in a rogue alligator or two roaming the grounds).

What a terrific way to start your holiday! Love it when you get a fun bus driver - can’t wait to hear more!

Can’t wait to hear more!! I got to get my Disney fix!!

Hi all…so I apologise…I took a day off the TR yesterday as I was shattered :blush:. Yesterday, we had a late start to our day having breakfast at the apartment and the morning at the pool which Heather adored. The afternoon took us to Epcot and we immediately grabbed our fastpasses for Soarin’. return time of 20:15-21:15!!! We rode Nemo, turtle talk with Crush, living with the Land, Captain E0 and Spaceship Earth.
It was raining when we first arrived and Heather was like ’ OH NO!!! RAIN!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:…You can imagine the 9 year old panic that ensued :laugh: But I am pleased to say it was just a shower and the fact that I decided to do a full on ‘Cosby’ dance to try and make her chill out a bit right at the turnstiles made the rain not seem so bad! :laugh:

We ate at LeCellier and I am really truly sorry to all those who adore this restaurant but I have to say I was really unimpressed :crying:.The atmosphere is beautiful, the servers attentive but the food was not all that. For the money spent ( yes we are on the DDP and so only 2 credits each used, but should we of paid in cash we would of been staring in excess of£150/$200 ) I expected more. In fact DH’s steak was so bad he told the server who immediately agreed it was bad and gave him a chitty for a free fastpass for us all to use that evening.

anyway…i am sure it will remain a popular restaurant and will always be a winner for some. Just not for me.

So…we left there and went round to Soarin and rode our 1st fast passes and then went straight round again and used the chitty so 2 rides!!! yippeeeeee:laugh:
We came home, tired and chilled and ready for our next day.

Saturday, we wake up at 8:30 and Dh is getting ready for a morning of golf at LBV which he can hardly contain his excitement for. He tees off at 10:27 and Heather, I and my MIL go to the Pool for a couple of hours. We decide we are ‘cooking’ and so head back to the apartment to shower etc. I open the apartment doors to the balcony and I see a pair of shorts I recognise and they are my DH’s!!! He is just arriving on the 6th hole for his putt! Classic! So I holler at him and put just a tad of pressure on him to get it in…whoops!

He carries on his game and Heather has a nap. After Paul comes home we head off to Downtown on the boat and eat at PH. Delicious.

We watch the bands playing on PLeasure island for a short while and then back on the boat to our horrible resort OKW. :laugh:…(did I mention there were 2 Alligators on the 6th hole with Paul?? Scary stuff and yet another reason NOT to come to this resort :whistling:laugh:)

I hope you are all well though and I will carry on this TR for you as and when.

Much Love

Polly xxxxxxxxxx

I’m loving your live report. I’m glad you’re having such a good time, I can hear the excitement in your posts.

Aw hon, sorry Le Cellier was a disappointment - never mind, everything else sounds wicked! X

Wonderful live TR! Can’t wait for more!

Keep up the good work, Polly.:wink:

Too bad about LeCellier - that doesn’t sound like them at all. Did they replace your dh’s steak?

Glad that the rest of the day was fun and that you are doing lots of different stuff! Anxiously awaiting the next installment.