Ariel's grotto?

Hi all! Last time in May while I was in the MK I noticed that Ariel’s grott was closed. Is this temp? I just wanted to know for my next trip. Thanks!!

Just wanted to give a little bump. Wanted to know before I went ahead and booked a character dinner with ariel.

Try checking Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World for a refurb schedule. They have lots of really good info. :smiley:

I have not heard of it being closed anytime recently.

No it is permanent. Be prepared for long lines though. We waited over an hour to meet Ariel. That was the longest we waited for anything that trip. But it made Emilie happy so it was worth it.

I’m sure it’s not a permanent closure, just a little “sprucing up.”

The one good thing about waiting online for Ariel is that the kiddies love playing in the splash fountains. It makes the wait so much more tolerable if my DD has something to do…especially playing in the water!

we were there 2 years ago in Jan. it was closed then.

this past Jan., same time, it was open…walked right up, no wait.

If I am not mistaken, I think Ariel’s Grotto opens up @ 10:00 in the morning. So we always make a beeline for Dumbo’s ride then we meet Ariel!

Oh, the Imagineer I dined with said that recently they had to pour new cement in Ariel’s Grotto… that might’ve been why it was closed. It was open when I was there in June, though.

Are you talking about the Ariel Grotto in Disney World or Disneyland as the Disneyland Ariel’s Grotto is a restaurant.

Thats great!! I was there in May and it was closed and we didnt get to see her so Im looking foward to it in Dec. Does anyone know about Jr Chef as well. It was closed in MAy