Arriving in Orlando by train?

Hi everyone!

For our next trip most of the group will be arriving by in Orlando. How do most people travelling by train get to the WDW Resort??

when my parents took me to wdw (they do not fly) we took the train. there are cab and lims there for people to take to the resorts, or you can call ahead of time and schedule a pickup ( we used mears - the same people who run the dme from the airport) their rates are reasonable, and they are very reliable. hope this helps…GO JERSEY

Schedule a towncar…that way you know someone will be waiting for you when you get there.

My daughter is planning on taking the train down there, too. Isn’t there a train depot right there in Kissimmee? Wonder why Disney don’t have a shuttle service from the train depot? More & more people are taking the train now. Wonder who we can contact about this?

Thanks for the suggestions. I also emailed DVC MS to see if they can help in any way. I told DW that there were probably taxis there and such and didn’t even think about Mears!!!

I might be taking a train too in Nov!!!
but still keeping my eye on airfares too…

Jersey in the House! HO!!! :laugh:

I have always wanted to take the train. How far is the station from WDW?

I would also reserve a towncar or limo to get to the resort.

OHHH LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES WE HAVE THOUGHT AOBUT THE TRAIN FRIENDS OF OURS DID IT AND WERE NOT IMPRESSED. FOR US IT IS ALMOST 18 HOURS. NOT SURE HOW I COULD SPEND THAT MuchTIME CLosED UP . please let me know how it goes.

Amtrak has a station in Orlando (maybe downtown?) and Kissimmee

And also the Auto-Train goes to Sanford (which is just outside Orlando).

It’s about 24hrs from here in NJ with all the stops and all, just on the regular train. If you get a sleeper car, that is nice but it is more $$.
Nothing to do but eat, sleep and play handheld games!!

If you get a coach seat though, there are no hookups for laptops or games, you would have to book Business Class. (Ive been doing my homework! :happy:)