Art of Animation buses

Does anyone know if Art of Animation will have dedicated buses like the Pop Century or will they share with another resort? I’ve always had good luck with the buses at Pop.

—I just read online that AOA and POP will each have their own buses! :slight_smile:

I will say that is one awesome part about PoP.

Only had one issue with the busses. One night coming back from DTD one night while we were there was rough. We stood in horror as we saw a group of about 15 cheerleaders board right before us. Oh gosh, worste ride ever lol

But that has nothing to do with the amount of resorts on one bus lol. I just wanted to share!

I will say that is one awesome part about PoP.

Only had one issue with the busses. One night coming back from DTD one night while we were there was rough. We stood in horror as we saw a group of about 15 cheerleaders board right before us. Oh gosh, worste ride ever lol

But that has nothing to do with the amount of resorts on one bus lol. I just wanted to share!

We stayed at Pop in 2005—it was fairly new then…the bus service was just for that resort—however, we found that we waited and waited and waited alot for the bus to pick us up at the resort—regardless of where we were going. and one night at Epcot, it took us 3 buses to get on to go back—waiting almost an hour.

It sounds like its very much improved now so that’s good.

It was my understanding that Pop and AoA was suppose to share until September 10th when the entire resort has opened. I guess they changed that. I haven’t seen anything on my end yet. I am definitely not complaining. I hate sharing buses!

Those late night bus ride homes are a nightmare regardless. All most worth getting a rental car just to avoid. Of course, the single bus for POP is always a nice treat but its still elbow to elbow SRO!

I guess we’ve been luck at POFQ— we very very rarely share a bus with Rverside so it’s always one stop to one stop!! And the buses are usually waiting for us late at night–with a backup right behind.

This is random, but aren’t the deluxe resort buses way closer to the parks then value?

Pop does have 3000 rooms and is the largest single resort on WDW property (room wise). Because of this, it makes sense to keep the service for AoA and Pop separate once AoA is more than 30% on line.
Remember that each of the mods is 2000 rooms, excepting POFQ, which shares many of the POR buses, again for a total of 3000 rooms.

On the other side of the coin, the All Stars collectively have 6000 rooms and more often than not, share buses between all three. The Pop/AoA combination will have a similar number of rooms and guests.

My bottom line is, they may say each will have their own bus, there is an exception to every rule and the 3000 room rule looks like it will apply, but not always.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1110217]We stayed at Pop in 2005—it was fairly new then…the bus service was just for that resort—however, we found that we waited and waited and waited alot for the bus to pick us up at the resort—regardless of where we were going. and one night at Epcot, it took us 3 buses to get on to go back—waiting almost an hour.

It sounds like its very much improved now so that’s good.[/QUOTE]

I’ve waited an hour for a bus back to Pop AND PO at the end of the night and saw All Stars, CBR, and even CSR with huge lines as well.
Ever see them load two buses at a time for Pop and All Stars? I have.
Several times now.
As for waits, I’ve had to wait through 10 buses a few times to get back to Pop at the end of the night. With 55 passengers jammed onto each bus, that means there were at least 550 people in front of us and there were still plenty behind us as well. Perhaps another 200-250.
So, we’re talking about Disney Transport needing to move nearly 1000 people back to Pop starting about 15 minutes before park close. All things considered, unless you can have 10 buses all ready to load for each of the values and mods at park close, there will always be long delays for guests at the most crowded destinations.

One night we were having dinner at Epcot in Italy. Left the restaurant while Illuminations was going on. We said great we’ll start walking out and miss the traffic. Well Illuminations ended while we were still a little ways away from the entrance to World showcase. Also this was our last night so I was pretty tired anyway. Well my son (age 20) says come on lets run to beat the traffic to the bus stop. I started running with him he took my hand and was pulling me. I was jogging and laughing saying I can’t go another step I’m so tired but he said come on you can do it, keep going. Well we got to the bus stop got right on a bus and actually got to sit down. I don’t think I’ve ever been that exausted. We still laugh about it and he says well you didn’t have to wait for the bus.

Yup. Deluxe and DVC bus stops are closer and as you go down in category, the stops get further away

I really hope they don’t combine AoA and PoP busses.That is one of the reasons we love Pop because they only have one bus stop.True there have been times we have waited longer for a bus but I figure it will get there eventually.I don’t let those kind of things bother me. My motto is “don’t sweat the small stuff”.:laugh:

Guilty secret: I never minded the trip from the resort to the parks, but the ride through the resort always makes me a little itchy – last trip, we were at SSR and on days when we split up, I ended up on the bus. Now at SSR, there are many stops inside the resort, and there were a few people who would look up at the bus coming and once it came to a stop, were like “Oh, we should get up and collect all our junk, pack up the stroller, take a photo of a nearby bird, check the park map, burp the baby, synchronize our watches, straighten our hair, kiss the grandparents goodbye, finish our sodas, straighten our mouse ears, then double-check with the driver to make sure the bus is going to the park emblazoned on the front.”
heeeeheeee…

I have never waited more than about 20 minutes for a bus to POP. But we have also never gone any other time but end of September. I have definately seen them board two busses ayt a time. A lot of the time noone was paying attention and we were the first ones on the 2nd bus. Awesome lol

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1110314]Guilty secret: I never minded the trip from the resort to the parks, but the ride through the resort always makes me a little itchy – last trip, we were at SSR and on days when we split up, I ended up on the bus. Now at SSR, there are many stops inside the resort, and there were a few people who would look up at the bus coming and once it came to a stop, were like “Oh, we should get up and collect all our junk, pack up the stroller, take a photo of a nearby bird, check the park map, burp the baby, synchronize our watches, straighten our hair, kiss the grandparents goodbye, finish our sodas, straighten our mouse ears, then double-check with the driver to make sure the bus is going to the park emblazoned on the front.”
heeeeheeee…[/QUOTE]

OK, you’re making me nervous. My first scheduled trip to SSR is for this October.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1110314]Guilty secret: I never minded the trip from the resort to the parks, but the ride through the resort always makes me a little itchy – last trip, we were at SSR and on days when we split up, I ended up on the bus. Now at SSR, there are many stops inside the resort, and there were a few people who would look up at the bus coming and once it came to a stop, were like “Oh, we should get up and collect all our junk, pack up the stroller, take a photo of a nearby bird, check the park map, burp the baby, synchronize our watches, straighten our hair, kiss the grandparents goodbye, finish our sodas, straighten our mouse ears, then double-check with the driver to make sure the bus is going to the park emblazoned on the front.”
heeeeheeee…[/QUOTE]

I bet you get all “antsy pantsy” when the buses back up onto World Drive before they even make the turn into the MK bus station.:laugh:
I know I often have, but mostly because I was trying to keep to schedule.