Art of Animation resort

Am I going to be the first mousebuzzer to stay there? I just reviewed the “who’s going to WDW” thread and didn’t see anyone else going there before me. I am not being smug about it. Please don’t misunderstand why I am asking. I am going to take a million pictures and report every single detail. It’s kind of a honor to report about the newest resort to my Mousebuzz family.

I have been reading every single detail about this resort that pops up and it’s a little crazy having no opinions or real experiences to judge the resort on. I hope it’s all it’s suppose to be. WDW is making this resort sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I will be there in the first few weeks it’s open and that could be either a really great thing or a bad thing. I remember the first reports about POP when it opened and OMG the first experiences when they started rolling out Magical Express.

I guess I am just getting nervous about it and wanted to discuss it.

Who is going to book that resort this year? Anything specific you want me to find out or take pictures of while there? I will be there from June 13th until the 19th (the room will only be open for 13 days when I stay in it!) and the only building that will be open will be the Main area (check in, food court/gift shop areas) and the Nemo buildings. The next building (Cars) isn’t slated to open until end of July.

I don’t know if they will have their own transportation or share with POP. There are so many things that there just isn’t any information about yet. Like I said, it’s scary and exciting at the same time.

We don’t have a stay planned to Art of Animation, but I would be excited to see the resort, especially when it will be so new for your visit! Everything will be so crisp and clean. There are always “bugs” to work out at every resort, but I’ll bet that you’ll have a great stay. I definately plan on visiting this new resort when we can get there next summer. We’ll all be waiting to see your photos and hear your experience there!

I would be interested in staying there if a room for 5 did not cost more that 1 room at POR. I read that AoA was supposed to accomodate families larger than 4 but haven’t seen pricing tiers yet to form an opinion.

I really wouldn’t expect it to be any different than the resort across the lake.
The only hope would be it comes equipped with 2 queen beds in a standard room from opening day. Beyond that, I expect nothing different than the existing 4 value resorts.

As for transport and if they’re sharing with Pop (at least until half the buildings are open), who can say, but I’d guess in the short term they will. Especially if there are only about 600 rooms open compared to Pop’s 3000 rooms.

The total rooms at the three All Stars is 6000 and they more often than not share buses between all three. I mention this for comparison.

I am excited for you Dana. And I feel your trepidation getting there so early in the resort’s life. So I am crossing my fingers that it will be fun and exciting, that the buses will be there to pick you up and drop you off regularly and often. I can’t wait to see pictures.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1095086]I really wouldn’t expect it to be any different than the resort across the lake.
The only hope would be it comes equipped with 2 queen beds in a standard room from opening day. Beyond that, I expect nothing different than the existing 4 value resorts.

As for transport and if they’re sharing with Pop (at least until half the buildings are open), who can say, but I’d guess in the short term they will. Especially if there are only about 600 rooms open compared to Pop’s 3000 rooms.

The total rooms at the three All Stars is 6000 and they more often than not share buses between all three. I mention this for comparison.[/QUOTE]

I am most definately expecting it to be different from POP. This resort will be unique is design with the themed interactive play areas, the largest pool on property and the price tag per night for a suite. I hope I am not expecting to much…lol. I am excited though. This is a great concept. I assume the family suites at ASMusic did well enough for WDW to make almost an entire resort dedicated to the family suites.

I can understand your hesitation with the price tag. I have multiple scenerios in mind for my stay in June. I don’t take 5 people on vacation with me often so I was going for what made sense. Me having a seperate sleeping area and bathroom as well as having the kitchenette won me over. I liked being able to supervise the kids and still have my own space. If it were not for the simplicity of a package, I may have done a one bedroom villa w renting points. 4 teens are not going to be a picnic, so AOA made the most sense.

Thanks Dopey! I am going to bore you with as many pictures as possible.

I think you should be a LITTLE BIT smug. :ninja:

:laugh: It’s going to be so much fun to hear about a new resort!

Dana so exciting. we have thought about it… there is a possibility my one dd may go down with us next trip . if she does we would like a separate bedroom. and there is no such thing as boring us with pictures… the more the better. :mickey::mickey::mickey:

I agree… and we are going to want a detailed report as well as pictures, so you are a great person for reporting back to us…

I wonder if the addition of a 4th value will mean splitting the bus routes among 2 routes (2 hotels share one bus, 2 share the other…)
SOunds like it will be fun to experience something new… to everyone. Just think how the first people felt to experience WDW… kinda like that.

This resort looks fantastic. I would love to stay here - however POFQ always works out cheaper for us with the deals offerer in UK…

Disney?s Art of Animation Resort Will Open in Phases Starting May 31 Disney Parks Blog

I might make it one day… the pool looks great for kids.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1095103]I agree… and we are going to want a detailed report as well as pictures, so you are a great person for reporting back to us…

I wonder if the addition of a 4th value will mean splitting the bus routes among 2 routes (2 hotels share one bus, 2 share the other…)
SOunds like it will be fun to experience something new… to everyone. Just think how the first people felt to experience WDW… kinda like that.[/QUOTE]

There’s already 4 Values, AoA will be the 5th and 3 of those already share buses. I could see them spitting with Pop before the other 3. That would be nice to split it with ASMo though and let ASSp & ASMu share since it can fill up before even reaching Movies.

Dana, exciting!!! Take two cameras, as we need lots of pics!

I can’t wait to see your pictures and hear all about the place. Since we own DVC I never get to stay anywhere but the DVC resorts. It’s nice to experience the other resorts through MB’s trip reports.

In the end, the main building was built from the same blueprint as the main buildings at Pop and the 3 All Stars. The general configuration of the 10 buildings is the same at all 5 resorts, the only difference being the two “Pop” resorts were built with four floors and not three, but they are the same otherwise. The rooms are all the same size at all 5 properties, even the family suites are comprised of two standard adjoining rooms, so their volume is the same as two regular rooms.

The largest pool is essentially the same as putting tail fins on a car and the various icons scattered throughout the properties amount to no more than variations on trim (think about a Chevy Vega and a Pontiac Astre, or even more to the point the Chevy Nova, Pontiac Ventura, Buick Omega, and Olds Apollo).
A Disney example would be the Yacht and the Beach. They are in reality two hotels sharing one building and one overarching theme with very slight variations between the two (an “upscale NJ beach club” and a “New England yacht club”), but at the heart aren’t really any different at all and largely interchangeable.

I know I’m really raining on the parade here, but when you get down to it, how different can AoA really be from Pop, especially when they are pretty much following the original layout of “The Forgotten Years”?
Does anyone expect the service to be any different in one over the others?
I know I don’t.
Form will still follow function and the only real difference between AoA and the other values would be the inclusion of a sit down restaurant and a health spa, as well as boat rentals on Hourglass Lake. Not that those things are in the plans.

This is the way that I view the whole subject.
Opinions will vary.

Well, it would be pretty silly to try and share buses between what are considered AK area resorts and DTD area resorts.
If they have never shared Pop buses with All Stars before, what could compel them to start now? If anything, you’d share All Stars buses with AKL, and that doesn’t make much sense either.

I’ve been in WDW when each of the All Stars have had their own bus and I’ve been in WDW when all three were sharing. I have even seen one All Star with its own bus while the other two share.
But we all know that Disney Transport dynamically routes their buses all day long to keep drivers from being bored by driving the same route all day long and also to deal with shifting guest patterns based on park hours, “rush” hours, and resort occupancy. That means nothing is ever really set in stone where bus service is the topic.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1095115]I know I’m really raining on the parade here, but when you get down to it, how different can AoA really be from Pop, especially when they are pretty much following the original layout of “The Forgotten Years”?
Does anyone expect the service to be any different in one over the others?
I know I don’t.
Form will still follow function and the only real difference between AoA and the other values would be the inclusion of a sit down restaurant and a health spa, as well as boat rentals on Hourglass Lake. Not that those things are in the plans.

This is the way that I view the whole subject.
Opinions will vary.[/QUOTE]

How different in build structure? I guess not much at all since they are using the same exact building layout.

I thought the service at Pop was one of the best I have had at WDW, so I hope the serviced is mirrored at AoA. Seriously, it was that good. I love POFQ and I think Pop beat them in service. I can’t even say that I got lucky with my CM excounters. I am not that lucky. The people that work there are just that good.

I’ll get my umbrella out if you are going to keep raining on my parade…lol I’m kidding Doug.:mickey:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1095097]I think you should be a LITTLE BIT smug. :ninja:

:laugh: It’s going to be so much fun to hear about a new resort![/QUOTE]

ok maybe I am just a tiny bit smug…shhh dont’ tell anyone.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1095103]I agree… and we are going to want a detailed report as well as pictures, so you are a great person for reporting back to us…

SOunds like it will be fun to experience something new… to everyone. Just think how the first people felt to experience WDW… kinda like that.[/QUOTE]

I am going to gamble and say they are definately going to share until the end of the year. The entire resort will not be open until December 2012 with the Mermaid section opening “by the end of the year” with no real date in mind yet. How can WDW justify a special bus for just a few buildings at one resort. That being said, the lines for the POP buses are always huge and they need to send MANY at a time for park closings. It will be interesting to see WDW try to have another pick up/drop off at AoA. It won’t matter either way for me. I will have a car again this trip, so if the bus service is as annoying at it was at POP, I will drive to the parks.