Article on American Idol Experience

Disney Insider: Main Attraction

I was disappointed to find this was a real talent search and not for the fun of the guests.They certainly can’t have it running all day every day in that format.

And it’s only for kids in the 16 to 28 age range.

Poopie! Nothing for us older wanna be’s! :nonono2:

I’m guessing that if was open to all it would become a very loud karaoke session…

Oh but that might be fun! I was a little disappointed to know it was a ‘real’ thing and not a guest interaction attraction.

I saw it and overall thought it was OK - in my book, not a “must see”. But the crowd was excited, especially those who had a family member on stage!

You can seem my pictures here:

Free high resolution pictures Disney World - Hollywood Studios - Echo Lake - The American Idol experience with large screen

Enjoy!

Yeah, I think it would have been more fun if it had like karaoke type thing and you could go into a little recording booth and get a recoding of your self for fun. Also, it should be for any age, little kids would love to try this.

They could still have the whole experience as they do now, but I see a lot of people skipping this attraction, especially if they can’t sing.

I hope all of you who enjoy watching Idol get as much enjoyment out of the live action version at the Studios.
As for me, there is even less chance of finding me at an Idol showing than there was of catching me at Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Play It, and that was 0%.
We did get a passholder sneak peek in December, and as a professional, I can appreciate the facility (stage, lighting, audio, video), it’s just I can’t stand Idol!
To me, it’s pure garbage and totally contrived. But I know many other people love it, and it’s there for them and not me.
So, if you do, enjoy.

Oh no, it’s very much “The American Idol Experience” and if you really want to participate on stage, you’re going to have to devote a good part of the day to it. They are trying to make this as much like actually trying out for Idol and (maybe) getting on stage as the real thing. The only guest interaction is during the on stage performance, and that is audience voting and nothing else.
And of course, the slightest chance that you will get slotted in to the actual Idol as a contestant and not have to face one of their open cattle calls.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;940066]Yeah, I think it would have been more fun if it had like karaoke type thing and you could go into a little recording booth and get a recoding of your self for fun. Also, it should be for any age, little kids would love to try this.

They could still have the whole experience as they do now, but I see a lot of people skipping this attraction, especially if they can’t sing.[/QUOTE]

I think that would be a great add on for the attraction. You could even have computer responses from the judges based on how closely you match the tune. :whistling