Article: Welcome to MouseBuzz 2.0

Phew, thank goodness! I tried logging on a few times this week and always got “server not found” errors and I started to think that maybe Mousebuzz had gone “poof!” It made me very sad. I am sooooo happy to see that the opposite is true and Mousebuzz is back and better than ever!

Beth, I noticed that to, but now I’m wondering if maybe it’s that CC doesn’t show up on the front page? I would be great if it could for those who have access, but maybe that’s not possible? Or maybe I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about. :laugh:

Wow! Very nice! Loving the new site.

the search doesn’t seem to work for me.

I have checked it a few times, works for me. What happens when you try to search?

I appreciate all the hard work put into the site but let me play the grumpy old man. Search doesn’t work, countdown is gone, and now, to top it off, starting today I get this at the top of every page:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Chicago’ for ‘CST/-6.0/no DST’ instead in …/includes/functions.php on line 4912

(Mods feel free to delete this later but this place is working for me about as well as the Obamacare site right now. Not really griping so much as wanting to show the problems I am having so they can be fixed. I know it will work out in the future.)

Errors are gone, they were only here for a minute or two while I was changing a file to make other things work. Errors shouldn’t be back.

Search does work, at least for me. What happens when you do a search?

Countdowns are gone for a while, they were killing the server. Once I have everything else done, I will look into countdowns again.

Search is returning little to nothing. I do a search for Garden Grocer and it brings up one thread. I know there are more than that. It’s like it is randomly picking what to display and sometimes there is nothing at all. I want to make clear, I feel I am coming across as critical, but I am just trying to point out what is not working for me. I appreciate all the hard work.

Thanks for the hard work!

No problem at all, I need to know of problems so I can fix them, I don’t see it as critical at all.

I am rebuilding the search index, that should fix it. I was searching for general terms, and there were a ton of returns, so I didn’t notice anything was wrong.

Mickey, I’m not seeing Chit Chat comments listed in the “New Posts” or “Today’s Posts” tabs. Can those be added in there like before?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1139878]Mickey, I’m not seeing Chit Chat comments listed in the “New Posts” or “Today’s Posts” tabs. Can those be added in there like before?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I am still trying to figure out those widgets. Give me a few days to see if I can fix them.

When you hit the “New Posts” link, are they included in there?

No,they aren’t. Only place I see them (besides going directly to the Chit Chat forum) is in “Activity.”

It is working fine today. Yesterday when I used it, it would not give me any search hits. I was using the quick search and then tried the advanced. Anyway, it’s all good today. False alarm. thanks.

Both versions of search are working fine for me now.

Mickey - Great Job!! :mickey:

during the upgrade. did any past posts get lost. i was looking for a particular post from the past and I cannot seem to find it. i used to access posts from the past that i wanted to look at by clicking on my past posting activity, but it seems like all the post from 2009 and 2010 are missing.

I still am having trouble getting/ finding new posts. Many times none show up when I can see them in the feed. I know I am missing some!

FYI - The new posts doesn’t seem to be working correctly. Today it showed 3 threads with new posts but when I looked at the individual forums there were a lot more threads with new posts including chit chat which had a bunch of threads with new posts.

That is what I get too.