Artist Point - Bats?

I know we have some faithful MBers out there who have dined at Artist Point, I am hoping for some reliable information. I was just over at allearsnet reading the dining reviews and someone mentioned BATS, yes, BATS, flying overhead in the restaurant during their dinner.

IS this true? Do they really have bats flying about? :blink:

Also, if you have eaten there, do you have any recommendations?

BATS? In the restaurant? How many drinks did that reviewer have?

Must admit I didn’t notice any bats…but the planked salmon was delicious. And I had a berry crumble that was yummy too.

[QUOTE=llama;1083233]BATS? In the restaurant? How many drinks did that reviewer have?

Must admit I didn’t notice any bats…but the planked salmon was delicious. And I had a berry crumble that was yummy too.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yes, I wondered that too. I have never heard any one mention bats before. There are lots of yummy choices on the menu though, just wanted to make sure there was something that DH would eat. :redface:

:laugh:

I suppose one or two could have gotten in.

:laugh:

I like the planked salmon, too.

I LOVED the Penn Cove Braised Mussels. LOVED. As in “do you think anyone will notice if I pick up this bowl and lick up what remains?” kind of LOVE. But now the menu is saying Kettle Steamed Penn Cove Mussels, so I don’t know.

Bats?? In the restaurant??? I’m crossing Artist Point off my list of “need to try someday” restaurants!! :laugh: Wait, why am I laughing? I’m seriously terrified of bats! :pinch:

I love the bats at Artist Point…they are delicious!

I went and read that review too. Totally weird. You would think that Disney would be right on top of a thing like that and get them out of there - how the heck would they get in anyway?:confused: Bizarre.

Aside from bats we really enjoyed AP. We were seated right at the window and had a gorgeous view of the lake - it was so peaceful and watching the sun go down was beautiful. Also, the little Electrical Light Parade passed by when we were there.

:blink::blink:Well that’s a first.:laugh::laugh: It sounds as though it’s yummy enough to overlook the flying mammals.:happy:

Wow, just went to AllEars to read the review…she called them rodents, I corrected her without knowing it was needed.:laugh::laugh:

The ceilings are not overly high there. I really can’t see bats navigating that area very well. Maybe the lobby of WL but not at AP. I think the reviewer may have been partaking of something.

especially with a nice wine sauce. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can’t find the review.

Never mind, I found it.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1083272]especially with a nice wine sauce. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

…[/QUOTE]

I think it is spelled whine :pinch: :laugh:

Parts of the ceiling are equal to the sixth floor.
I know this because they have overlook windows from sixth floor corridors that look directly into the dining room.
It is possible that a bat or two (just like a bird or two) have gotten into the high roofed areas and can’t find their way out.

Also try the buffalo and scallop entrees.
Too bad they replaced the spring roll appetizer, but if you want to be stuffed, have the mussels.

With fava beans?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1083275]Parts of the ceiling are equal to the sixth floor.
I know this because they have overlook windows from sixth floor corridors that look directly into the dining room.
It is possible that a bat or two (just like a bird or two) have gotten into the high roofed areas and can’t find their way out.[/QUOTE]

Quite right, bad memory on my part. :redface:

Eh… bats don’t eat much.

:biggrin:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1083292]Eh… bats don’t eat much.

:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Good point!:happy:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1083292]Eh… bats don’t eat much.

:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

But they are good eats!

I believe this might be a case for Billy the Exterminator.:cool:

Pep - could you call him up - he’s in your neck of the woods isn’t he?

Aw I like bats! not to eat of course ( thats for Ozzy Osbourne) just to watch. We have a family of bats live in one of our trees. They are a protected species here- while we are on the subject of unwanted guests we once saw a mouse running round Wolfgang Pucks.

[QUOTE=llama;1083307]I believe this might be a case for Billy the Exterminator.:cool:
I have a confession to make.

I :heart: Billy the Exterminator. We watch the show faithfully. His mom is quite a piece of work. As is his wife.:pinch: