Artist Point or Whispering Canyon Cafe

I have tried the WCC and liked it. Should I stick w/ what I know or try something new??

I love the food at Artist Point. I guess it depends on what kind of atmosphere you’re in the mood for?

I’d say Artist Point, if you’ve never been there! I haven’t been there yet only because I can’t bring myself to use 2 dining credits for one meal, but we’ll probably go when DH and I take our 10th anniversary trip sans kids in 2011.

Artist Point has AMAZING food. If you want to splurge (even if on Dining Plan it is a signature meal) then go for it.

If you are on a budget and/or want to have something lower key then WCC is the way to go. Good food (they have the best mashed potatos!)

Let me say that in Sept. I could not make up my mind which one I wanted to go to so we ate at both…Now thats an option too!

Happy Eating…

Lisa

I always encourage trying something new. It’s a beautiful restaurant & always has GREAT reviews. WCC is a very different atmosphere but it’s fun & also has good food. Just like Andrea said, it depends on what you are in the mood for. If you’ve never been to AP, give it a try!

They’re two very different kinds of restaurant.
If you’re looking for something quieter, a little more elegant, and more food oriented and made to your order Artist Point is your choice.
If you want raucous and entertaining (if that’s your idea of entertainment) return to Whispering Canyon.
Keep in mind also that Artist Point is one of the signature restaurants, so it will be pricier.
(And yes, I’ve eaten at Artist Point 4 times now.)

I didn’t realize that AP takes 2 meal options…

It does, as well as California Grill, Narcoossee’s, Citrico’s, Yachtsman’s Steakhouse, Flying Fish, Jiko, Brown Derby, and Cinderella’s Royal Table (which is not a signature restaurant). Also, Hoop De Doo Revue, The Luau, and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ are all two credits.
I think that’s the full list.

Something to consider would be paying Artist Point out of pocket and sharing your desserts and appetizers and saving the sit down credit a dinner somewhere else.

Artist Point is worth every penny.

I love WCC and its a must do for every trip. Madison loves the ribs and the fact they MADE me run around that place on a wooden horse for her bday in 07. Let’s just say she still never let’s me live it down :laugh:

I’m excited to hear this. We’re trying WK for the first time in Aug. I’m really looking forward to it now!