Artist Point

I am looking for opinions for this restaurant; is it worth being a ‘Signature Restaurant’? There are mixed reviews on the various web sites.

We are staying at the VWL so it is convenient, but I would not wish to waste 2 table service credits for an ‘average’ meal.

Well worth it. Pam and I had their 3 course meal w/ paired wines last time. There are a few selections for each course. I had the salmon for the main entree, Pam had one of the steak selections. I say go for it.
If you book an early enough ressie or tell them you will wait for a window seat it is worth the wait.
Is it just you and the Boss of Boss?

We really enjoyed it. Very quiet, beautiful scenery and the food was very good. I had the salmon too - and it was yummy!

Artist Point is one of my favorite restaurants in the entire world. I normally go some kind of red meat (I had the veal a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic). I love the wine. My family loves the portobello soup.

But… I’m not sure if I would do it (or any other 2 credit meal for that matter) on the Dining Plan. We use Tables in Wonderland which works out great for us at AP.

Bruce

[QUOTE=brumcg;1071732]Artist Point is one of my favorite restaurants in the entire world. I normally go some kind of red meat (I had the veal a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic). I love the wine. My family loves the portobello soup.

But… I’m not sure if I would do it (or any other 2 credit meal for that matter) on the Dining Plan. We use Tables in Wonderland which works out great for us at AP.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

We like the 2 credit meals. We aren’t the kind that want to have tableservice every evening. I’d rather use 2 credits every second night and just opt for something simpler on the other nights.

Oh - and try the cobbler - also yummy.

I’ve eaten there four times now and have no qualms about going back a fifth time.
Try the buffalo.

Wow - Sounds like a “must do”. Thanks gang.

And “Yes” Pam&Rich it wil just be:
She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed-In-All-Things

and I.

I adore Artist Point. Love love love the mussels appetizer… like our server said, “Here’s a big spoon. You’ll want to eat up all the broth.” Of course, after sucking it all down, there’s not much room for dinner!

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1071745]Wow - Sounds like a “must do”. Thanks gang.

And “Yes” Pam&Rich it wil just be:
She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed-In-All-Things

and I.[/QUOTE]

You will enjoy AP.

Loved it…try the scallops!!!

But they HAVE a VERY strict dress code…

Wait for it…

NO PINK TUTUS ALLOWED! :laugh: :whistling

The appetizer portions for mussels throughout WDW are insane. No matter where I’ve gotten a bowl of mussels, I’ve regretted ordering an entree’ as well.
You’re probably better getting a second appetizer or a kid’s meal after you eat a bowl of mussels.

Downside on the scallops is that they’re so big you only get three.
A couple years back, I commented to our waitress that it would be nice to get one more. She said she’d send out the chef to talk with me. What he told me was that they try very hard to keep entree’ portions at about 6 ounces.
Well, it’s pretty obvious that these suckers are big enough that they could easily weigh 2 ounces a piece (I think they are classed as U-10, meaning there are no more than 10 per pound).
But the chef was also kind enough to give me a small package of two pieces of cedar planks and Artist Point’s recipe for salmon.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1071835]But they HAVE a VERY strict dress code…
NO PINK TUTUS ALLOWED! :laugh: :whistling[/QUOTE]

Dude,

No fountain/No tutu.

C’mon - get current.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1072176]Dude,

No fountain/No tutu.

C’mon - get current.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Richard… get current.

Now he’ll have a geyser to bathe in.:laugh:

I can see it now as he goes over his bath departure checklist…
Soap- check
Shampoo- check
Flip flops- check
Towel- poolside
Bathrobe… Oppps, can’t find it… Oh well… Whitey tightys it is! :eek:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1072186]
Bathrobe… Oppps, can’t find it… Oh well… Whity tightys it is! :eek:[/QUOTE]

They used to put robes in all the deluxe resort rooms.
I think they still put them in club level rooms, but it’s a few years since we’ve done club level, so I’m not sure.
Then again, the robes are those “waffle” fabric things, not plush terry, so…

We’ve been to AP twice, the first time, DW and I both enjoyed the Bison. The second year, we were a little bummed that the bison was no longer on the menu, so we got the salmon, which was outstanding. Both times, the service was great without being over the top. We skipped last year, but have plans to go back again this November. By far, our favorite “upscale” restaurant in WDW.