ASM in the fall... free dining?

OK, so I am trying to help a friend decide when to go to WDW. She thinks Movies will be the best choice for where to stay considering that her grandkids she will be taking are 4 & 6. I think they will really love Movies. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot…
The problem is that at our workplace we need to submit request for holidays by March 1. She has done so but I think she has chosen the wrong time if she hopes to get free dining. She asked for her holidays to start Oct17/10 (for a week).
Should she see if she can move her request to the end of Sept/10? This would still be in the value season & her original request is not. I realize the free dining deals don’t come out for a while but she needs to change her holiday request stat, & I’m not sure if she should worry about the dates or not. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Free dining may not be available this year.

Oct is a great time to go, but not sure yet if they will have free dining in the fall. I am hoping for the same thing

I have tried to figure out possible pricing using WDW website & it seems to be that If she checks in on Sept24/10 it would be a little cheaper than if she checked in a week later. I know that free food may not happen, but we are keeper fingers crossed for her. (A little pixie dust couldn’t hurt either.):happy:

We were at WDW this past October. Despite the record cold temperatures we had a phenomenal time! The crowds were lower than I have ever seen. It was so great to get off a ride and jump right back in line to ride again. Disney did extend their free dining promo last year, but again we can only hope they offer free dining this year. My travel agent says she has heard rumblings of a new offer coming out on Monday, March 14. I am keeping my fingers crossed I am hoping to convince my husband of another trip the last week of August.

I’m hoping too, I’ve got a september trip all ready booked but if they don’t have the dining plan we’ll still go :happy:

[QUOTE=nancyk;1022530]OK, so I am trying to help a friend decide when to go to WDW. She thinks Movies will be the best choice for where to stay considering that her grandkids she will be taking are 4 & 6. I think they will really love Movies. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot…
The problem is that at our workplace we need to submit request for holidays by March 1. She has done so but I think she has chosen the wrong time if she hopes to get free dining. She asked for her holidays to start Oct17/10 (for a week).
Should she see if she can move her request to the end of Sept/10? This would still be in the value season & her original request is not. I realize the free dining deals don’t come out for a while but she needs to change her holiday request stat, & I’m not sure if she should worry about the dates or not. Any help is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

The time frame she chose is not even close. Tell her to go in September. IF WDW has free DDP again this year, it will most definately fall in September.

I agree. There’s no way to know for sure, but if you look at past years, September is definitely safer than October.

We too are hoping for free dining in September!

Thanks, I have told her & she has requested to change her holidays. Thanks again.:happy:

You can also tell her to take a look at MouseSavers.com - Disney Discount Source - Disney World Discounts, Disneyland Discounts, Disney Cruise Discounts, that site is constantly updated and it also has an account of historical discounts, so she can check and see what discounts were offered in the past and when.

I also would think that Sept is the safest bet if they offer it this year, but last summer they did extend the free dining through mid-Dec. If she is lucky enough to get pin numbers, she may get free dining that way too.